• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

A friend of mine has been going to the avs development camps and good god I'm trying really hard not to get too hyped for Mironov based on the shit hes been saying to me. He and Jost are big standouts.

edit: And Broccoli Maker seems like another Barrie. Maybe this one won't start to suck in 4 years.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Nichols‏ @NicholsOnHockey 44m 44 minutes ago
Friedman: "I still think Kevin Shattenkirk would love to be a #NYR. I don't know if it's going to fit."
Chris Nichols‏ @NicholsOnHockey 45m 45 minutes ago
Friedman: #NYR have made it very clear they're not going to be as crazy on open market as they've been in past. Don't know if there's a fit.
Larry Brooks‏ @NYP_Brooksie 40m 40 minutes ago
Yes of course NYR have checked in on Shattenkirk and will talk on Sat. but he would have to leave millions on table to sign.
Are...are we actively avoiding signing ridiculous albatross contracts?

pGiRMDi.gif

imBask

Banned
I have my doubts on Thornton wanting to leave the comfort of California to come here at 38 to deal with the winter, media, pressure, high taxes AND have to be the daddy figure to a 22 year old not-so-very-smart centerwinger hybrid party animal for a couple of years before retiring

Holiday

Banned
Shattenkirk will sign in Tampa, and in doing so will have screwed the Blues out of (probably) Drouin.

In happier news, Fabbri will get time at center in camp. Give me Schwartz - Fabbri - Tarasenko for 82 games.

calder

GOALIES

Early predictions are: Chad Johnson to Buffalo, Brian Elliott to Philadelphia, Steve Mason to Winnipeg, Ryan Miller to Anaheim, Antti Niemi to Pittsburgh, Anders Nilsson to Vancouver.

I would be totally OK with that.

It's been well-reported that Karl Alzner visited Montreal, and it sounds like the Canadiens are serious.
*collapses to the ground*
Oh thank you hockey jebus. (sorry Habs fam)

Mentioned earlier this week that both Ottawa and Winnipeg were looking at Dmitry Kulikov. I'd link both teams with Michael Stone, too, because there are ”intangible" fits to both cities.
Stone? GTFO with that, zero help to us. Kulikov? Yes please as long as it's like 3x3 or something.

Curufinwe

eh i find it works find on mobile as long as you're not actually using anything on the site

gets messy when trying to search

but for quick informational reference it's unparalleled.

this is a snap of both db and elite of timothy liljegren's stats... one tells me absolutely nothing

Love EP.

Socreges

Banned

Stone? GTFO with that, zero help to us. Kulikov? Yes please as long as it's like 3x3 or something.
Anders Nilsson. Looks like he did alright with Buffalo last season?

Edit- I guess it doesn't matter. Canucks have leverage and goalies in the pipeline so it'll be a two-year contract and during a time when no one hopes for or expects the team to compete.

calder

Jordan Weal doing a cross country tour of teams based on 12 career points at age 25 shows how desperate teams are for scoring.

Every guy in his mid-20s who was waived by the Coyotes or Sabres in the last few years or been traded 4 times who's somehow a UFA now:

charity+drive+-+prettiest+girl.png

I guess Alzner is going to be a Hab. Let's hope the term isn't too long

Mentok

Banned
Okay...as someone who used to be a MB defender, I think I'm starting to step off the train. It had nothing to do with trading my favorite player (Weber's a stud, so it's okay), nor with his inability of finding the 1C the team needs (those are hard to come by). It has everything to do with the shitty developing and coaching of the future talent. The team announcing that Lefebvre is keeping his job is probably the shittiest news we'll hear this summer. Lefebvre has done a terrible job of preparing players for the transition, and that's putting it lightly. Combine that with the fact that Therrien's assistant coaches still have a job with the Habs (seriously, that in and of itself is a fucking travesty) has me furious over his original promise of developing and building through the draft.

I shit you not, keeping this status quo will ruin this team.

Socreges

Banned
Okay...as someone who used to be a MB defender, I think I'm starting to step off the train. It had nothing to do with trading my favorite player (Weber's a stud, so it's okay), nor with his inability of finding the 1C the team needs (those are hard to come by). It has everything to do with the shitty developing and coaching of the future talent. The team announcing that Lefebvre is keeping his job is probably the shittiest news we'll hear this summer. Lefebvre has done a terrible job of preparing players for the transition, and that's putting it lightly. Combine that with the fact that Therrien's assistant coaches still have a job with the Habs (seriously, that in and of itself is a fucking travesty) has me furious over his original promise of developing and building through the draft.

I shit you not, keeping this status quo will ruin this team.
What will you think of the Weber trade in 2 years? 3? 6?

calder

Speaking of dodging bullets, the Jets had two trades on Saturday fall apart at the last minute and one of them was because Emelin wouldn't waive his NMC to Winnipeg.

Thank. Fucking. Christ.

calder

Look it's going to take a 1st round lottery pick, your best prospect, and a 23 year old Scott Niedermayer on a team friendly deal to get Duchene and we're willing to play a waiting game to get it.

I highly doubt Sakic wants more than that package in terms of value, I'd guess he wants something more specific. We don't know what prospect was offered, Hamonic doesn't align with a rebuild and a 1st could be had in any package. I'd be fine with a defensive prospect + a 1st if the prospect was good.

Merguson

Banned
McKenzie: Lundqvist at $8.5 million. "I'm going to bet that Carey Price's (cap hit) is north of $10 million." #Habs 1050

McKenzie: Just a guess, but "I won't be surprised if Price's number on an extension comes in at between $10-11 million." #Habs

oof thats a lot of money to put towards a goalie

its just a guess by bobby mckenzie, but you have to figure Price isnt taking any less than Lundqvist

I don't follow much western conference hockey, should I be happy or worried Niemi possibly coming to Pittsburgh as the backup? I think I just got spoiled having Fleury/Murrary

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Jagr said:
Everywhere I look,I read:all FA getting calls from10-12teams. Me0 calls.On the contrary,I'm trying to call them,and no ones picking up.😀😳🇨🇿
😂

I don't know much about the history of hockey. So when the Gretzky trade to LA came up on Overdrive and people's reactions to it back in the day, my curiosity was piqued. I checked out his press conference the day it was announced.

...that was rough. I felt so bad for him even knowing he still went on to great things. I can't imagine how it was back in the day...

I don't know much about the history of hockey. So when the Gretzky trade to LA came up on Overdrive and people's reactions to it back in the day, my curiosity was piqued. I checked out his press conference the day it was announced.

...that was rough. I felt so bad for him even knowing he still went on to great things. I can't imagine how it was back in the day...

I think there is a 30 for 30 episode on this. Definitely watch it.

Marvie_3

Banned
I highly doubt Sakic wants more than that package in terms of value, I'd guess he wants something more specific. We don't know what prospect was offered, Hamonic doesn't align with a rebuild and a 1st could be had in any package. I'd be fine with a defensive prospect + a 1st if the prospect was good.
Let me tell about this young prospect in the Chicago organization. His name is Brent Seabrook. Id be happy to exchange him for Duchene.

Top Bottom