• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

So you're worried about the example Duchene is setting for younger players, but don't care the example management sets for the team if a player wants out? Letting him twist in the weeds for months and endure all this speculation sets a great example for that team. Also I will base a lot more off reputable reporters reporting than wishful Av's fans thinking. Not going to the team golf tournament isn't mandatory but it's a very particular absence, and I'm pretty sure training camp is mandatory.
He. Hasn't. Asked. For. A. Trade.

Wishful Avs fan thinking or fact?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He. Hasn't. Asked. For. A. Trade.

Wishful Avs fan thinking or fact?
He hasn't "asked for a trade" but comments like this

“My identity will be with a team come training camp,” Duchene said then. “I don’t know what team that is yet, but my identity right now needs to be strong in myself and belief in myself."

Along with not showing up with every other member of your team to an annual golf tournament, and missing training camp is the same thing.

He hasn't "asked for a trade" but comments like this

Along with not showing up with every other member of your team to an annual golf tournament, and missing training camp is the same thing.
It's the same thing when neither of those things is mandatory? Training camp starts tomorrow Red. You're thinking of the captains practice that he missed, and Mackinnon missed as well. It was optional.

Not rumor, not wishful Avs fan thinking: https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/news/2017-avalanche-training-camp-schedule/c-290729128 http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/05/matt-duchene-absent-avalanche-practice/

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's the same thing when neither of those things is mandatory? Training camp starts tomorrow Red. You're thinking of the captains practice that he missed, and Mackinnon missed as well. It was optional.

Not rumor, not wishful Avs fan thinking: https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/news/2017-avalanche-training-camp-schedule/c-290729128 http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/05/matt-duchene-absent-avalanche-practice/
When I said it's the same thing, I was referring to him saying "I want out" and him pulling all these antics are the same thing. His comments mean nothing? He obviously wants out, how is this even a discussion.

Solo

Watch La La Land on repeat until you’re emotionally numb is my solution.

Haha maybe I will try that.

In all seriousness, I'm going to take a GAF break while I sort my life out. I'll be back at some point during the season. See you guys then and thanks for all the support.

When I said it's the same thing, I was referring to him saying "I want out" and him pulling all these antics are the same thing. His comments mean nothing? He obviously wants out, how is this even a discussion.
At least post the whole quote for some context:

“Divorced is a strong word so I wouldn’t say that, but I think I’ve made it so that [any team association] is not part of my identity. My identity will be with a team come training camp. I don’t know what team that is yet, but my identity right now needs to be strong in myself and belief in myself.”

He also said this in the same interview:
“We’re a team that has struggled to find its way. I’m going to be a free agent in two years and things might have to change. They might want to look in a different direction. There are some decisions that have to be made still, but I’m just going to be a bystander of that. We’ll see what happens.”

It's a discussion only because he hasn't asked for a trade like a big boy does when they want a trade. Until then just save your partial quotes from interviews that didn't even record the actual questions asked and rumors.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Haha maybe I will try that.

In all seriousness, I'm going to take a GAF break while I sort my life out. I'll be back at some point during the season. See you guys then and thanks for all the support.

Make sure to stop in after the 10 game winning streak to start the season.

Good luck man.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't understand this world anymore.

DJrnfQzWsAEXW5W.jpg

Red_Man was right about Sakic overvaluing Duchene though. Just look at the return in the Subban trade. There's no debating that Subban is a much better player than Duchene and Montreal received a player whose age would make SCHUEY blush.

Erdrick

Jets sign Bryan Little to a 6 year extension at 5.291 million per year. Worth every penny, as he's one of the best we have in the team. Great news for Jets fans.

calder

Jets sign Bryan Little to a 6 year extension at 5.291 million per year. Worth every penny, as he's one of the best we have in the team. Great news for Jets fans.

That's a really good extension for AAV, and pretty good for term too. A slight (deserved) raise over what he's making now.

Samyy

That Pastarnak contract should hopefully help us lock Nylander & Marner up for less than $6.5mil

I doubt Polak can even skate anymore so whatever

yyzjohn

Banned
Looking at the Leafs lineup, with JVR, Bozak and Komarov all becoming free agents after this season, I think the only guy out of the 3 they need to keep is Bozak, as center is more of a need right now.

So, trading one of JVR or Komarov opens up a spot for Kapanen. I see the lines as something like:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Kapanen
Martin-Moore-Brown

I'd like to see Kadri and Kapanen together, both are skilled guys, no offense to Connor Brown and his 20 goals, but I think Kapanen has more natural ability and should have a higher ceiling than Brown.

calder

I don't understand this world anymore.

DJrnfQzWsAEXW5W.jpg

What's to understand? He profoundly doesn't understand what he's talking about at any given time and he says whatever he feels like saying as long as it makes people in the room with him at the time happy. Wait a day and he'll be meeting with hardcore immigration hawks and he'll tweet that all illegal immigrants should be shot into space.

Curufinwe

What's to understand? He profoundly doesn't understand what he's talking about at any given time and he says whatever he feels like saying as long as it makes people in the room with him at the time happy. Wait a day and he'll be meeting with hardcore immigration hawks and he'll tweet that all illegal immigrants should be shot into space.

Dementia Trump.

Top Bottom