• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Sick attempt at strawmanning me but maybe check your eyes bruh, I'm not saying it's impossible he wants out because he hasn't said as much I'm saying 1) we can't actually know for sure what the fuck is going through his head and 2) that's totally his fault if he's not going to self advocate.

Duchene's situation is made 10000000x worse by him being passive aggressive. Continue with your conjecture though. Old men need to do something to pass the time.

Razorskin

----- ------
YES!

JT Miller is going to start the season at center, so that seems to imply that at least to start the team's depth chart at center goes: Zibanejad, Hayes, Miller, Desharnais

Jesper Fast has been skating with the team for a while now, but he's still recovering from surgery and is not expected to return until late October, which is pretty much what has been expected all along.

Also, AV says the team's objective is to be even faster than we were last year. May very well be possible without slowpokes like Stepan, Girardi, and Staal on the ice.

Is Staal allergic to his equipment yet?

Foggy

The Duchene stuff is so weird. None of the likely trade partners are in a situation where they need Duchene enough to satisfy the value Colorado has for him. I'd imagine if anyone was willing to meet Colorado's asking price, it would've happened by now.

I'm not sure why Colorado is still dangling him.

That's a lot of money for Pastrnak. 34 goals in this league is incredible and he's only 21, but you have to think he'll regress.

His shooting percentage was 13% (262 shots). League average is about 9, so if he shoots the same amount and scores at that rate, that's 24 goals.

calder

That's a lot of money for Pastrnak. 34 goals in this league is incredible and he's only 21, but you have to think he'll regress.

His shooting percentage was 13% (262 shots). League average is about 9, so if he shoots the same amount and scores at that rate, that's 24 goals.

You could just as easily look at his 13% and say... he's better than league average? Considering he scored 34 goals, wouldn't you assume he's maybe good first?

Marvie_3

Banned
You could just as easily look at his 13% and say... he's better than league average? Considering he scored 34 goals, wouldn't you assume he's maybe good first?
Dont be silly old man. Everyone in the league shoots at the same percentage. Dont you know that?

13 is not unsustainably high, so another 30 goal season isn't impossible for him. I just won't be able to draft him in one of the last rounds this year.

Chris R

UZnnltt.png

Looks PUMPED, going to be an awesome season!

PillarEN

It'd be great if the Sabres finally took a big step this year. Maybe we'd gain like 3 more consistent members. I mean of all the places in the US where they care about hockey, it's Buffalo.

Media puts Duchene's name in every headline leading up to this day, he ices them out on media day, wears an expression he has always worn in those promo shots, fire and brimstone everywhere forever.

3KYD3Nv.gif

Not them too. Noooooooooooooooooooo!

Top Bottom