• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Quick

Banned
Marcus F-All-In-o

giphy.gif

Preseason hockey in just a few days!

Oh, and I was going to announce this the other day but literally right as I was about to post, Solo had his big one. Didnt want to have two entirely different emotions going in here so I held off.

My wife gave birth on Saturday to our first child, a girl. 7lb10oz, 21.5in. Beautiful as can be.

Already got her Wild onesies to wear for the season. We dont mess around.

Marvie_3

Banned

Oh, and I was going to announce this the other day but literally right as I was about to post, Solo had his big one. Didnt want to have two entirely different emotions going in here so I held off.

My wife gave birth on Saturday to our first child, a girl. 7lb10oz, 21.5in. Beautiful as can be.

Brb notifying child protection services

Quick

Banned

Congrats on the baby, Fubar.

Looks like your family is ALL IN.

RedRum

Banned

Congrats!!!

Played one game of NHL 18 against the CPU, Allstar difficult on the full sim style.

Felt really good actually. Hard to explain why, I barely used those new dekes. Not sure how to pin it down but AI on both sides does feel better. Seemed like breakaways and odd man rushes developed more naturally.

Congrats on little Daniela Heatly McDangles

Marvie_3

Banned
Played one game of NHL 18 against the CPU, Allstar difficult on the full sim style.

Felt really good actually. Hard to explain why, I barely used those new dekes. Not sure how to pin it down but AI on both sides does feel better. Seemed like breakaways and odd man rushes developed more naturally.
AI is fuckin garbage as always.

Stasis

These fucking ratings.

I just got in it. Did get latest update. And I like lower ratings overall because it was becoming stupid but...

Kreider 83
Nash 82
Grabner 81
Miller 83

Shattenkirk 83
Skjei 83

I mean. I'm not even bitching at how wack the Rangers are in general, though that's awesome too, but how they differentiate players on the same team. This is some lazy Google shit. Does anyone there even watch/like hockey? Jesus.

Habs are terrible too. Was checking for friends.

I hope to fuck they fix this or that dude on Operation Sports who was gifted a crowd-funded PS4 manages to make that roster thing work. No way I'm doing all teams manually for franchise. I'll fix Habs/Rangers for local play with friends though.

Now I remember why I stopped buying this shit day one.

These fucking ratings.

I just got in it. Did get latest update. And I like lower ratings overall because it was becoming stupid but...

Kreider 83
Nash 82
Grabner 81
Miller 83

Shattenkirk 83
Skjei 83

I mean. I'm not even bitching at how wack the Rangers are in general, though that's awesome too, but how they differentiate players on the same team. This is some lazy Google shit. Does anyone there even watch/like hockey? Jesus.

Habs are terrible too. Was checking for friends.

I hope to fuck they fix this or that dude on Operation Sports who was gifted a crowd-funded PS4 manages to make that roster thing work. No way I'm doing all teams manually for franchise. I'll fix Habs/Rangers for local play with friends though.

Now I remember why I stopped buying this shit day one.

That's why I always edit the player overall rankings before anything, they are usually too low or too high for some players. I always make Price at least a 97

Stasis

That's why I always edit the player overall rankings before anything, they are usually too low or too high for some players. I always make Price at least a 97

So playoff Lundqvist I should set to like 100?

Jesus.

97? There's a /s missing.

Edit: All that insanity aside, I really am happy numbers are down. It was stupid. It's the discrepancy between players that proves without a doubt whoever did these has no fucking clue. This fucking EA team...

I haven't checked all over yet but you see bullshit on a lot of teams. Nash at 82 and Grabner at 81 is blatant. A dude googled stats. Almost 30 goals?! But the other dude used to score a lot. So I'll give him 1 extra point.

Zero consideration for the game. Just lazy ass numbers research. Hope to fuck they patch it soon. It's embarrassing.

ALL.

IN.

LIKE FUBAR.

Congrats! :)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Congrats!

Yeah that's a major choking hazard

LMAO

Marvie_3

Banned
Congrats Fubar
Fubar's kid can be friends with your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandkids

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Fubar's kid can be friends with your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandkids

Lol, need to have one first for that to happen.

I rarely hope for specific games to fail, but I hope NHL 18 is one of them. That series needs a serious kick in the ass. Every year I'm on the fence and every year there's never enough there.

Congrats!!! That's awesome Fubes.

Also what was Solo's big one? I have been gone for a bit

Marvie_3

Banned
I rarely hope for specific games to fail, but I hope NHL 18 is one of them. That series needs a serious kick in the ass. Every year I'm on the fence and every year there's never enough there.
They need to scrap anyone working on the series. Then after they put the frostbite engine in 19, take 2 years and do nothing but fix everything theyve fucked up over the last decade.

I see they also added like 15 tiles on the main menu! that's what this game needed
They actually did something right with that though. They give you the option to pin your 3 favorite modes to the screen before that so you dont have to deal with all those tiles.

My ex-EA friend says that's exactly what they do after each game ships, and why you see so little real improvement year over year.

No surprise the turnover is so high. It must take a lot of really shit management to put in days/weeks/months of crunch into a game only to have it end up barely any different than the year before.

Sorry, 'exactly' was the wrong word to use there. He's said that people EA deems key are kept around. But they're in the minority, and to keep costs down they layoff most of the staff after development is completed.

Top Bottom