• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

calder

If I was Matthews i'd ask for a trade

Switzerland is always an option for him, he seemed to really enjoy his time with the Smellies. Perhaps he wants to return to his hometown ZSC Lions and try to get that National League trophy that eluded him.

Socreges

Banned
Red will pretend this shit never happened and the world will keep on spinning
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
Per Bergevin, le monde ne tourne pas #wtf #tvasports
5:48 AM · Sep 14, 2017

5yKBgUb.png

Or, Marc Bergevin is an idiot?

Not exactly what I expected but probably the right move. This also pushes the Habs in the right direction, ie where they already were.

Cactus

Banned
Damn, poor MacArthur. Oh well, maybe it's for the best. Another bad hit to the head might be devastating. Grabovski is trying to come with this season as well, and I feel the same way about him.

It's a good thing a shitty team like the Canucks were prevented from exploiting the draft system and getting one decent player. Being perpetually bad will show them!

:|

Because he wants to maintain he's not the type of player to demand trades, but he wants out. I don't think anyone wants to stay in this dumpster fire.

Well if he wants out as badly as people seem to think it probably wasn't the right call to give up last year. The phones aren't going to be ringing off the hook for a guy who can't even manage to clean up the parts of this mess that he's responsible for.

If the dude can't advocate for what he thinks is best for himself over an image he wants to project he should probably not be signing contracts just as a general rule in life.

Duchene is a bit of a basket case in my opinion. He psychs himself out all of the time. I still like the guy sand I'd be happy if it would work out here, I just don't see it as a possibility. We'd have to have decent coaching--Oh right, we have a wet paper towel for a coach.

Socreges

Banned
I would guess he wants out. Being trade bait and the endless uncertainty and scrutiny that goes with that isn't fun. Seems like he just wants it to be over, but is being a good pro.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dan Rosen ‏Verified account @drosennhl 40m 40 minutes ago
AV says this will be the 1st time Marc Staal is in a legit fight for ice time and perhaps to even make the team b/c of competition in camp.
YES!

JT Miller is going to start the season at center, so that seems to imply that at least to start the team's depth chart at center goes: Zibanejad, Hayes, Miller, Desharnais

Jesper Fast has been skating with the team for a while now, but he's still recovering from surgery and is not expected to return until late October, which is pretty much what has been expected all along.

Also, AV says the team's objective is to be even faster than we were last year. May very well be possible without slowpokes like Stepan, Girardi, and Staal on the ice.

calder

I would guess he wants out. Being trade bait and the endless uncertainty and scrutiny that goes with that isn't fun. Seems like he just wants it to be over, but is being a good pro.

Stop with that baseless, slanderous supposition. Until Duchene himself makes a GAF account and states unequivocally that he wants to be traded we have to assume that he's perfectly content where he is.

Of course if that happened Avs fans would complain that he tanked his trade value and no team is going to make a decent offer on a guy who wants out but we'll worry about that when his account gets created. It may take a while, I had to wait MONTHS for my alt astroturfing to get approved.

Top Bottom