• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

yyzjohn

Banned
Why not just make Matthews the captain? The pressure? The expectation? The resentment of older players?

It's difficult to carry on the tradition of excellence set by Phaneuf. Need to let a few years go by first so people can forget the last great leader.

zroid

Banned
you mustn't disrespect the vaunted institution of the NHL captaincy, so important to success that the most important player on maybe half the teams in the league is excluded outright from consideration, according to league rules

It's probably confirmation bias, but I feel like every time I see a picture of a coach on the bench it involves an Avalanche game. Maybe Altitude takes more pictures of coaches or something.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Fuck Trump and every piece of shit who voted for him for pulling out of the Paris agreement. Literally "fuck all the people, the US and the planet, my buddies want to make more profits off of polluting the environment". Next time a huge flood, drought or hurricane hits and people die and hundreds of millions of dollars are lost, this is ALL on them and him.

One man having this much power to screw over the entire world is ridiculous, and absolutely NO checks and balances are working because the GOP is a party of spineless and corrupt assholes.

/rant over

RC

Banned
"Yes kids, we used to have games outdoors, until some orange asshole put himself above the planet,"

PillarEN

Truly.

Genuine fake news btw. And I like this line:

"Their findings will infuriate environmental campaigners who argue by 2030 we could be facing increased sea levels and flooding due to glacial melt at the poles."

I'm going to have an aneurysm. I hope my friend I mention in my OT thread doesn't see this.

Line_HTX

I almost drowned today trying to pick up some Banh Mi. Barely managed to escape areas where there was high water.

At least the rain finally stopped... But more will come the whole weekend, ugh...

Cactus

Banned
Fuck Trump and every piece of shit who voted for him for pulling out of the Paris agreement. Literally "fuck all the people, the US and the planet, my buddies want to make more profits off of polluting the environment". Next time a huge flood, drought or hurricane hits and people die and hundreds of millions of dollars are lost, this is ALL on them and him.

One man having this much power to screw over the entire world is ridiculous, and absolutely NO checks and balances are working because the GOP is a party of spineless and corrupt assholes.

/rant over

What-If-Its-A-Hoax-56a74f4c5f9b58b7d0e8f300.jpg

Pikma

Banned

/rant over
Smelly was a Trump supporter until the day they messed with his climate

PillarEN

The Christian God couldn't even prolong the Red Wings playoff streak. How is he going to prevent Florida from disappearing off the face of the Earth?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Isn't the penalty for withdrawing from the accords sanctions? Shame no one has the balls to do it.

Should be tried for crimes against humanity.

Yawnier

Banned
Bought NHL 17 today, it's on sale for a pretty good price on PSN and XBL

The last one I owned and played was NHL 15 so I'm not expecting a huge jump but w/e

PillarEN

Last NHL I played was 2009. In all honesty, is there really a huge difference between that game and today's game? They still using the left stick to skate and right stick to shoot, yes?

Last NHL I played was 2009. In all honesty, is there really a huge difference between that game and today's game? They still using the left stick to skate and right stick to shoot, yes?

You can still play the NHL games like that but There's different control schemes now. NHL17 is pretty cheap on PSN right now.

I'm going to bet NHL18 is going to have a "Story" Mode like FIFA got.

I wish EA cared as much about the NHL games as they do about Madden and FIFA but unfortunately they just don't sell enough to warrant the budget.

FIFA went to frostbite last year and Madden is this year, not expecting NHL to for a while. Also not expecting them to put the time into a story mode.

I'll still buy NHL 18 at launch tho because I'm a fucking idiot.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wish EA cared as much about the NHL games as they do about Madden and FIFA but unfortunately they just don't sell enough to warrant the budget.

FIFA went to frostbite last year and Madden is this year, not expecting NHL to for a while. Also not expecting them to put the time into a story mode.

This pic is 5 years old and has since grown, but you guys got nothing on me on being an EA whore

Also have all these...

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You bought every version available of every game? Am I seeing that right?
Yeah, I wanted to start a collection of every hockey video game ever made. Most of them are my original copies since the SNES era, but then I'd buy the rest (ie the duplicates) off eBay years later for dirt cheap.

I have an almost complete collection of the physical games. It's hard to get some of the European ones though.

I also started this YouTube channel to catalog all the games, though it's been like 8 years since I've updated anything.

https://www.youtube.com/historyofvideogamehockey

Marvie_3

Banned
You and me both.

This pic is 5 years old and has since grown, but you guys got nothing on me on being an EA whore

Also have all these...
Id make fun of you this but I feel bad for you.

Yeah, I wanted to start a collection of every hockey video game ever made. Most of them are my original copies since the SNES era, but then I'd buy the rest (ie the duplicates) off eBay years later for dirt cheap.

I have an almost complete collection of the physical games. It's hard to get some of the European ones though.

I also started this YouTube channel to catalog all the games, though it's been like 8 years since I've updated anything.

https://www.youtube.com/historyofvideogamehockey
The only hockey game you or anyone else needs is Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu

Top Bottom