• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
saw a guy come into my work wearing a vaughan kings jacket

asked why he was wearing it out of curiosity... he said he coaches for them

I asked for how long... he said many many years

I asked if he knew mitch marner

responded with "oh that was before my time" and he noped the fuck out of the room as quickly as he could lol I'm onto you wannabe coach guy :D

Socreges

Banned
saw a guy come into my work wearing a vaughan kings jacket

asked why he was wearing it out of curiosity... he said he coaches for them, as he walked away while keeping one eye on me as he went

I pursued and asked for how long... he said, as his walk turned into a jog, many many years

I asked if he knew mitch marner

Hoping to finally end my advances, he responded with "oh that was before my time" and then fearing for his life burst out the door toward freedom

Stasis

Ontario still can't quite compete with Quebec or BC, especially when it comes to quality IPAs or sours.

Otherwise I have nothing to add, sorry

Quebec is terrible for IPAs though =/ If Ontario is worse I am disappoint in advance. Quebec has decent sours but breweries are still so small, and some so far, that you basically have to go check every day there's a delivery to get any. It's really annoying.

In this I am very much USA USA USA... but I guess it depends on specific taste. Thanks for the input just the same! I really know nothing outside of QC or US (mostly PA, DE, NJ, VT) IPAs. To go into something as simple as a Wegman's in PA and get Sculpin, Dogfish Head, etc. and then some Victory Kirsch Gose basically anytime...

Sigh.

Anyway, didn't wanna hijack this thread. I'll check *shudder* reddit. Thanks.

On Ovechkin: Caps won't strip of captaincy. Not ready to trade him but "maybe" if a hockey deal came around at some point, MacLellan said.

I know Creepy is already throwin out trades but wtf is a hockey deal?

Fucking stupid answers lol

Socreges

Banned
Quebec is terrible for IPAs though =/ If Ontario is worse I am disappoint in advance. Quebec has decent sours but breweries are still so small, and some so far, that you basically have to go check every day there's a delivery to get any. It's really annoying.

In this I am very much USA USA USA... but I guess it depends on specific taste. Thanks for the input just the same! I really know nothing outside of QC or US (mostly PA, DE, NJ, VT) IPAs. To go into something as simple as a Wegman's in PA and get Sculpin, Dogfish Head, etc. and then some Victory Kirsch Gose basically anytime...

Sigh.

Anyway, didn't wanna hijack this thread. I'll check *shudder* reddit. Thanks.
I'll assume you know Dieu du Ciel

Derniere Volonte
Immoralite
Moralite

Some of my favourite IPAs. Otherwise...yeah..not much comes to mind. Unibroue is wonderful but they don't do many IPAs or sours. Lots of delicious Belgian stuff, though.

If you like IPAs and sours you need to hit up the west coast. The US especially but Vancouver and Victoria have some great breweries too.

Stasis

If you lived in Texas I could point you to some nice Saisons or Sours. But most of my favs are from local breweries

Because of you know I know Sculpin. You've done more than enough for me =)

I'll assume you know Dieu du Ciel

Derniere Volonte
Immoralite
Moralite

Some of my favourite IPAs. Otherwise...yeah..not much comes to mind. Unibroue is wonderful but they don't do many IPAs or sours. Lots of delicious Belgian stuff, though.

If you like IPAs and sours you need to hit up the west coast. The US especially but Vancouver and Victoria have some great breweries too.

I have a ton of Moralité boxes in my recycle room. Immoralité was a Momentum that I couldn't even manage to get this year. Dernière Volonté I also have many of. I'm a huge Dieu du Ciel fan in general. I try almost everything they make.

Doesn't compare to USA west coast, like you say, but even PA/DE. They simply don't have access to many of the hops, as I've learned. But it's funny you mention them specifically. They make up a huge portion of what I buy. I get most Momentums.

We're on the same page. Thanks again. I won't clutter this further =)

There are shit IPAs out there. But there are also some excellent ones. Though anyone who can't handle bitterness won't like many at all.

Also this. It's like Scotch, especially Islay single malts. People just can or can't it seems. My first IPA experience was Dogfish Head 90. It was instant love. My first Islay single malt was Lagavulin. Same.

DopeyFish

It's a good feeling when you come up with an idea, spend an hour googling said idea to realize no one has done it before

Tubshroom guy, i am coming for youuuuuu

DopeyFish

it is such a stupidly simple idea that I am surprised it hasn't been done yet

there are somewhat similar things but not really anything exact. the longer I discuss with the person i'm working with... the more use cases we find for it

Socreges

Banned
Because of you know I know Sculpin. You've done more than enough for me =)

I have a ton of Moralité boxes in my recycle room. Immoralité was a Momentum that I couldn't even manage to get this year. Dernière Volonté I also have many of. I'm a huge Dieu du Ciel fan in general. I try almost everything they make.

Doesn't compare to USA west coast, like you say, but even PA/DE. They simply don't have access to many of the hops, as I've learned. But it's funny you mention them specifically. They make up a huge portion of what I buy. I get most Momentums.

We're on the same page. Thanks again. I won't clutter this further =)

Also this. It's like Scotch, especially Islay single malts. People just can or can't it seems. My first IPA experience was Dogfish Head 90. It was instant love. My first Islay single malt was Lagavulin. Same.
Wait, what's a Momentum? 😳

And you're sort of close to Hill Farmstead and other breweries in Vermont, I gather? I'm jealous. I didn't mean to suggest that the west coast has better beer. I've had some excellent stuff while in DC/NY and there's plenty else I'd love to try. The US overall is in another league.

In Vegas Knights news, some trades could happen soon.

Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli

Likely to hear lots of #Vegas @GoldenKnights exp draft trade rumblings soon. One such possibility is looking likely, not 100% done yet

#Hawks would allow VGK to take D Trevor van Riemsdyk in draft, on consideration that @GoldenKnights also take Marcus Kruger in trade. #TSN

calder

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Lots going on with Vegas. I also hear they might net a 1st RD pick from a team for taking on a bad contract... fun few weeks ahead
Replying to @frank_seravalli
#Hawks would allow VGK to take D Trevor van Riemsdyk in draft, on consideration that @GoldenKnights also take Marcus Kruger in trade. #TSN

Some new sucker comes along to help the Hawks escape a cap crunch? Yippee.

tumblr_inline_n41jt1MZGX1qcfut1.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks get a 2017 2nd Round pick from the BJ's as compensation for hiring Torts

... woo

Pikma

Banned
My brother stayed with me for a week and he had his gaming PC with him

I got to play the first 5 hours of NieR Automata😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Fuck I want a PS4 Pro

Curufinwe

My brother stayed with me with me for a week and he had his gaming PC with him

I got to play the first 5 hours of NieR Automata😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Fuck I want a PS4 Pro

I just got one and a X900E, and sold my old PS4 to get a little cash back.

Top Bottom