• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Playoffs |OT2| stay salty, my friends

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Aaaand I'm finally home. Fucking LOOOOOL.

I need to watch the 3rd period and OT right about now, can't believe I missed all that.

Also fucking LOL again at us breaking 20k after the first round already. I'm not sure I want to read up on all those pages (20ish?) of just tonight, but I kind of want to see the epicness.

Anyone mind giving me a TL;DR of the last... 20 pages?
Went mostly like this:

"LOL Bruins are fucking shit, so glad these cheap shotting, diving fucks are getting their teeth kicked in, KESSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL, KAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIII"

Then :

They're sitting on the lead thats dumb, Lucic scores heh cue comeback /sarcasm, Bergeron scores, uh oh, tie game LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL Leafs epic collapse, rinse and repeat for OT winner. Kave_Man rallys the troops and Leaf fans contemplate the meaning of life.

Edit: Forgot to add during all of thise Smash88 somehow solidified himself as NHL-Gafs new most hated member in a remarkable time frame. This Pens / Sens series should be good.

Red_Man

George Parros will be on the TSN panel for the 2nd round, I'm excited for this. Hopefully he has his mustache in going in full force.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kave_Man's new avatar (no joke...)

image.php

:(

LOL for real? that's pretty hilarious.

Trust me you need to go through it. It was a crazy game.

Leaf fans were having heart attacks, while also getting cocky that they had this one in the bag. Bruin fans pretty much gave up hope at 4-1. Once 4-2 hit a lot of people started saying, "here comes the collapse". 4-3 and 4-4 happened so fast (once Boston tied it with 50 seconds remaining in the third period a lot of meltdown and swearing happened), a lot of sadness all around from the Leaf userbase, with some slight hope they might get it in OT.

Bruin fans started to chirp again with happiness and hope.

Once Boston scored and won, well that's when you really need to go see the thread for yourself.

The tears start at post #19848.

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549208&page=199

I'm going through everything I missed, starting at page 190. This gun be gud.

Went mostly like this:

"LOL Bruins are fucking shit, so glad these cheap shotting, diving fucks are getting their teeth kicked in, KESSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL, KAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIII"

Then :

They're sitting on the lead thats dumb, Lucic scores heh cue comeback /sarcasm, Bergeron scores, uh oh, tie game LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL Leafs epic collapse, rinse and repeat for OT winner. Kave_Man rallys the troops and Leaf fans contemplate the meaning of life.

Edit: Forgot to add during all of thise Smash88 somehow solidified himself as NHL-Gafs new most hated member in a remarkable time frame. This Pens / Sens series should be good.

LOL. So who's Smash an alt of?

Smash88

Banned
Went mostly like this:

Then :

Apparently...?

Can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Honestly people can't take banter and shit talking, when the same would be thrown my way... who would have thunk it?

The baby that couldn't handle a losing team and had to bandwagon another is telling other people to grow a pair. Hilarious

It has more to do with the organization, than just losing.

Let's all start coming to random CONCLUSIONS! YAY!

Cat Party

So the last four cup winners are all still alive, and don't play each other this round. Would be interesting (i.e., shitty) if they all made it to the conference finals.

Smash88

Banned
LOL. So who's Smash an alt of?

Could be Enigma or he may just be a standard Pen's fan.

I'm not surprised people hate me. I talked shit about the Leafs (which has a large fanbase on NHL-GAF). I am a so-called "bandwagoner", when I've been with the Pens coming up 10 years and counting.

Not to mention the amount of Pittsburgh Penguins haters as-is on NHL-GAF, I'm pretty much expecting it.

Don't worry guys I promise I won't put you on my ignore-list when things get heated, like some people.

ZeroGravity

Via Slava Malamud of Sport-Express (in a Russian-language interview), Ovechkin said after Game 7:

“The refereeing... You understand it yourself. How can there be no penalties at all (on one team) during the playoffs?

“I am not saying there was a phone call from (the league), but someone just wanted Game 7. For the ratings. You know, the lockout, escrow, the League needs to make profit... I don't know whether the refs were predisposed against us or the League. But to not give obvious penalties (against the Capitals), while for us any little thing was immediately penalized...”
Fucking LOL

Red_Man

I'm not surprised people hate me. I talked shit about the Leafs (which has a large fanbase on NHL-GAF). I am a so-called "bandwagoner", when I've been with the Pens coming up 10 years and counting.

Not to mention the amount of Pittsburgh Penguins haters as-is on NHL-GAF, I'm pretty much expecting it.

Don't worry guys I promise I won't put you on my ignore-list when things get heated, like some people.
I don't really know what you've said to get everyone so twisted, but I haven't been really paying attention to your posts either. Pens seem to have one of the higher proportions of terrible posters for a fan base, so that doesn't help your cause.

Smash88

Banned
I don't really know what you've said to get everyone so twisted, but I haven't been really paying attention to your posts either. Pens seem to have one of the higher proportions of terrible posters for a fan base, so that doesn't help your cause.

Just shit talking the Leafs.

And posting GIFS. That's about it. There is really nothing else.

I guess people got pissed off at me posting. It's the playoffs, I think I'm allowed to go all out, at least once a year, show some hate for the Leafs and cheer for my team.

I'm not going into the off-season thread to be a douche - I know there are limits. If I wanted to I could go there laughing and being a asshat, but I'm not. I understand the position they are in and I'll give them the room, but I can still have a rivalry/hate for the team in the main thread.

But why notice what I'm doing, people just love to come to conclusions and hate. Whatever, I can take it.

Oh in case some of you were wondering, I don't hate anyone here, just putting out friendly hate/banter for other organizations as we all do. I guess people found what I was doing annoying, but you have to learn to take the blows. Like I certainly will if the Pens lose (as if Pens aren't hated enough) - not to mention the constant hate towards me for being a "bandwagoner".

Smiley90

Best post (apart from the collective awesomeness of the 2 pages between 4-2 and 4-4 LOL) from the other thread:

"Okay, I just thought of something better than the Leafs handing Boston their shit.

This.

Holy fuck"

Brought to us by from Olympia. Aka Mike Works posted it. Just about sums it up.

Now rewatching the 3rd period in glorious GCL HD. BRING IT ON. Too bad GCL only has NBC and not CBC... oh well.

Heretic

Best post (apart from the collective awesomeness of the 2 pages between 4-2 and 4-4 LOL) from the other thread:

"Okay, I just thought of something better than the Leafs handing Boston their shit.

This.

Holy fuck"

Now rewatching the 3rd period in glorious GCL HD. BRING IT ON. Too bad GCL only has NBC and not CBC... oh well.

hahaha nice!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking LOL
The Caps had a whopping TWO penalties called on them in Game 7. So did the Rangers. Such overwhelming bias!

Oh right, Ribero also got a 10 minute misconduct in garbage time that I didn't even know happened until I checked the boxscore, so I guess there was that.

The Caps struck me as being undisciplined throughout most of the series, and not just on the ice. They seemed way more focused on the officiating in game 6 and what went wrong than they were on what they needed to do in game 7, at least from all the interviews I saw. They came in already distracted and unwilling to give their opponents credit for what they were doing to them, and they ended up getting demolished because if it.

I wonder if Backstrom still thinks they were the better team this year too.

Smiley90

Wait, Kave_Man hasn't posted yet?

IS HE ALIVE? DOES ANYBODY HAVE HIS NUMBER? SOMEBODY GET THAT CAT SOME CATNIP

TUSR

Banned
Contact from the new Daft Punk album sounds like one of the Movements of the Odyssey off the Halo 2 soundtrack at points.

Magni

Prediction time:
CHI in 5
DET in 6
VAN in 7
STL in 5

NYI in 6
MTL in 4
NYR in 6
TOR in 6

Wow, 3/8. If I can get three right again this time it'll be a miracle.

DET in 7
SJS in 5

OTT in 6
NYR in 6

RC

Banned
I'm sick of people telling me I look like Drake. I'm much handsomer, and taller. Maybe I should grow my hair long, if it wasn't such a curly Mangnumesque mess.

I've been drinking and this time, for no reason.

Montresor

This.

Holy fuck"

Just so you know, no one from Leafs-GAF re-watched game 4 of your sweep in "glorious HD" and read fan reactions with glee.

Without catching up with all of it I can guess that the Smash hate has just as much to do with him being an ex-leaf as what he writes? Goddamn, taking shit from someone who jumped your ship to get on a bandwagon must be unbearable.

Socreges

Banned
Just so you know, no one from Leafs-GAF re-watched game 4 of your sweep in "glorious HD" and read fan reactions with glee.
Oh, delicate little baby squirrel. To be fair, Smiley missed the game the first time around. And that historic third period, and the ensuing reactions, is about as entertaining as hockey gets. Sorry that it comes at your expense.

Seriously, I actually feel bad. That's an awful way to be eliminated. Sweeps suck, sure, but at least your hopes and expectations are wiped out well before the final dagger.

Alucard

Banned
Seeing that Leafs collapse last night...wow. And the Facebook fallout? Double wow. Time for the "lifelongs" to crawl back into their holes until the Leafs are in the playoffs again.

Solo

Feeling GREAT today! dat Facebook lifelong turn of events from "OMG we beat Boston!" to cold, cruel reality.

Top Bottom