• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Cbajd5

But in the end you didn't lose $100 (or $400 if we want to talk eBay prices). You lost $0. They gave back any money they took from you for your pre-order. So they're compensating you for your trouble. Your trouble is worth $20 and a MSRP $46.99 to them.

In the end, that's not really so bad. It's not realistic to expect them to compensate you $400 worth when your ultimate loss is $0. The solution isn't my ideal but it's a decent response I think.

Anyway. I don't feel comfortable arguing this. I know there are a lot of emotions involved right now and not everyone is their most rational self.

My loss is the Wizard's Edition minus whatever they give me as compensation (which includes my refund). It's not decent if it's obviously not worth nearly half of what I should have gotten, and they realize that because they won't just replace my copy of the Wizard's Edition with a copy of the Wizard's Edition. It's not my responsibility to make sure they make enough to fill all the pre-orders, it's their responsibility.

This is a ridiculous argument. Namco is not required to compensate you for any potential gains from selling the WE. The gestures are an apology to fans for an unfortunate mistake. On the 17th you had nothing. Now you have a coupon and a free (very nice) strategy guide. Those that ordered months ago and have lost their order may not be satiated, but those that got in on the 17th need to get over it. You are being duly compensated for the inconvenience.

On the 17th I was promised a copy of the Wizard's Edition when I paid for the pre-order. I don't have a coupon and a guide yet either, nor do I have the money I paid in full on the 17th for my Wizard's Edition. I haven't been compensated anything yet, and reasonably I should have had my Wizard's Edition by now since I paid for one day shipping as well. They advertised the restock on the 17th and any orders then are just as legitimate, especially since they sold and shipped copies illegitimately ordered yesterday.

I'm just afraid so many people aren't looking at this rationally. If I got mine I'd be able to ignore this, but since I didn't I have every right to complain. If it's reasonable to accept this then it's also reasonable for me to expect someone to trade their Wizard's Edition for $120 and a copy of the Prima Guide.

Also, to make it clear I never intended to sell my copy of the Wizard's Edition.

vireland

rofl. $20 voucher for our website! too bad we took down Ni No Kuni and you can't buy it there! A free guide that was sold for $20 on Amazon!

funny thing is no one asked for the guide. why can't they just reprint the Wizard Ed and we'll just buy it with the regular price, just like before? don't open a stupid preorder stuff, and just honour all the orders even if it were made at a later date. seeing that we already missed the release date, i don't think it matters anymore if we get it 2 weeks later. it's not like the same people are gonna make the doll and the book.

Given that sea freight is 14-21 days (they're not air-freighting thousands of dolls and books) and even rush manufacture on the doll would be 1-2 weeks or more in quantity, it's probably more like 6 weeks to get a re-print out. But even at that, I think they'd sell all they re-made.

Given that sea freight is 14-21 days (they're not air-freighting thousands of dolls and books) and even rush manufacture on the doll would be 1-2 weeks or more in quantity, it's probably more like 6 weeks to get a re-print out. But even at that, I think they'd sell all they re-made.

of course they will. there's literally hundreds of people willing to pay $100 and then got shafted just because of their incompetence. people waited for a year to have this game, what's another 4-6 weeks? these items aren't sold anywhere else. meanwhile, we can get the guide just about anywhere. barnes&noble, book depository, amazon, chapters/indigo, etc.

Azereki

Boss Key
Does anyone remember what 2K did for the BioShock CE? People didn't even get their pre-orders cancelled, their Big Daddy statue were damaged so replacements were provided in addition to an exclusive art book at no additional cost to the consumer. It was also relatively painless to get the statue replace. Don't know why Namco couldn't at least print the Wizard book, even if they don't remake the entire WE set.

Does anyone remember what 2K did for the BioShock CE? People didn't even get their pre-orders cancelled, their Big Daddy statue were damaged so replacements were provided in addition to an exclusive art book at no additional cost to the consumer. It was also relatively painless to get the statue replace. Don't know why Namco couldn't at least print the Wizard book, even if they don't remake the entire WE set.

what did you expect? they can't even count.

zeopower6

Honestly, I think the book is the sole reason why we ended up having to get a Wizard's Edition and why a reprint of 'just the book' probably is not possible. The plush and DLC probably cost them like 2 dollars to include in the normal WE set.

Honestly, I think the book is the sole reason why we ended up having to get a Wizard's Edition and why a reprint of 'just the book' probably is not possible. The plush and DLC probably cost them like 2 dollars to include in the normal WE set.

how is reprinting a book impossible? everything's digitally printed nowadays. besides, they're giving us a guide for a game we don't even have, or a game they themselves cancelled. what in the world is that?

Damn prices are rising after namco's public acknowledgement that no more WE copies will be produced. Now I'm not sure if I should keep it or sell it.

gunstarhero

Damn prices are rising after namco's public acknowledgement that no more WE copies will be produced. Now I'm not sure if I should keep it or sell it.

Me to - I opened it, but haven't played it yet. The book (and entire package) is really nice... But man, they are going for a lot of money on eBay O_O

zeopower6

I had a feeling this would be in demand back in June/July but I don't think I ever expected it would go for 4x+ the MSRP :/

Lucent

I had a feeling this would be in demand back in June/July but I don't think I ever expected it would go for 4x+ the MSRP :/

This guy is selling just the extras from the Wizard Edition. He's at $305 right now. The game isn't included.

People want that freak'n book.

Raw64life

I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking along the same lines. Bought the regular version fully intending to sell it once I got the Wizard's Edition. But now looking on eBay I could sure use $400 right now.

zychi

Banned
I'd be lying if I wasn't thinking along the same lines. Bought the regular version fully intending to sell it once I got the Wizard's Edition. But now looking on eBay I could sure use $400 right now.
i sold my us version of the we. bought the german version, but i also bought the regular edition because i didnt think i was getting the na we. so now i have two copies of the game :/

iammeiam

Dude. Good looking out! I think I am going to nab this one instead of the German edition.

I can't tell what edition that's supposed to be. It has the green ratings diamond on it from the German edition, the orange PEGI rating from the UK version. The Eurogamer unboxing video only had the PEGI rating on the box, and the image on Amazon.de only has the German ratings version.

I sort of wonder if they're just going to be importing a variety of European WEs to fill these orders.

So everyone with a cancelled order is getting a free book? Well boo. Wish I'd known that two days ago before I ordered one.

Oh well, free is free.

Aeana

I don't know what possessed any of you to think that talking about pirating material here could possibly be okay. I advise that you cease.

nasos_333

lol what credit? they're sending us a guide for a game we don't have. that's like cancelling an order for a computer then giving you an instruction manual as an apology.

Can always get it from Germany and cheaper

And get a free guide

Now if they somehow screw up with these orders as well, then i have no words :)

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Any news on orders for the CE guide from Amazon? Out of stock till January 30th it now says, but a friend of mine says that they keep pushing the date back.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Lucent

Any news on orders for the CE guide from Amazon? Out of stock till January 30th it now says, but a friend of mine says that they keep pushing the date back.

Can anyone offer any insight?

Yeah I pre-ordered it. Says I may get it February 4th. We'll see.

Top Bottom