• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch |OT|

Yep, FF XIII was such a letdown, as well as the lack of Versus XIII which will most likely come out on PS3 after the PS4 has been out for a while just like FF XII on PS2.

Has any game ever emerged from the kind of development hell that Versus has been in unscathed though? Maybe time to cancel, SE.

I know there have been other examples of good RPGs this gen fo sho... but it really seems like the budgets required to make an HD JRPG are prohibitive, or at least that would be a logical conclusion.

Thank God for Level 5 (and for them rebounding from WKC).

Does anyone believe NNK can be available digitally at some point? I have access to a PS3 with a busted BD drive... Otherwise I'll have to shell out for a brand new PS3... MGS 4 is on my list as well... is that on PSN yet/ever?

Does anyone believe NNK can be available digitally at some point? I have access to a PS3 with a busted BD drive... Otherwise I'll have to shell out for a brand new PS3... MGS 4 is on my list as well... is that on PSN yet/ever?

it's up for preorder on UK PSN store. US version will be up sometimes tomorrow. I'm sure other region will be up accordingly.

Tash

Gotta admit though - the demo was a bit confusing in terms of figuring out the fights and switches and controls (or maybe I missed something).
Kinda glad others mentioned here that you can freely move during the fights. I don't think I would have noticed that..

oh and NNK arrives on PSN next week. Just to make it official for those who asked.

Shahed

Yeah, time to leave this thread. Cannot hear all those great first impressions while we have to wait...

Yep. Bailing from here for now

Depressing :(

It's actually not that bad for me lol. Sure I would have liked to play it sooner, but now I think I'll be able to start and finish of Hitman Absolution by the time it comes out. Otherwise I'd be sitting on that game for at least a month and a bit while I play this

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Paid this off this weekend and I literally have seen nothing on the game aside from a few screens and the Gaf hype. Don't let me down Gaf.

Animekatt

Tomorrow is the day! Too bad I won't be able to play it until my WE comes in. Also I have to work all day, so I wouldn't have played it until the evening anyways. Still though I'll be glued to this thread. Atleast I can flip through the guide when that comes in tomorrow.

So yesterday I went to preorder this at gamestop despite already having it preordered on amazon (but would have to wait longer for shipping), and I end up having a very pretty employee ring me up, compliment my shirt, and get excited that we have the same taste in games (I preordered this, fire emblem, and MGR). She then told me to go home and download the demo since I told her I didn't try it yet. Sometimes gamestop trips ARENT horror stories...

Raw64life

I only played through the demo once and didn't really understand what I was doing but I'm trusting the hype to not steer me wrong. I've been clamoring for a good JRPG ever since I was let down by not getting PS3 ToV.

So yesterday I went to preorder this at gamestop despite already having it preordered on amazon (but would have to wait longer for shipping), and I end up having a very pretty employee ring me up, compliment my shirt, and get excited that we have the same taste in games (I preordered this, fire emblem, and MGR). She then told me to go home and download the demo since I told her I didn't try it yet. Sometimes gamestop trips ARENT horror stories...

lol she was toying with you to get you to preorder all that shit dude

OwlyKnees

Congrats to everyone getting the game tomorrow. Feels like it's been such a long wait. Another 11 days for Europe!

A little question for anyone who played the Japanese version - it was mentioned earlier that an easier mode was added to subsequent Japanese versions and this version we're getting. Is that any indication that the game was challenging? Were people calling for this easy mode or is it something the developer just threw in?

The game wasn't even in my list... wasn't planning on buying it at all, till all these powerful reviews start kicking in few days ago:

edit_preview.php

As for someone who recently lost both of his parents....
the game will suit my situation perfectly.

Esura

Banned
The game wasn't even in my list... wasn't planning on buying it at all, till all these powerful reviews start kicking in few days ago:

edit_preview.php

Oh...I'm sorry to hear that. Much respects. :(

edit_preview.php

Oh wow, I'm so sorry, man. Hopefully the game is therapeutic... I'm sure we'd all love to hear your experiences with it, or just in general, in a dedicated thread.

edit_preview.php

Prayers go out man. Btw i use that same Fireflies At Night Theme on my PS3. It is still the best looking theme in the store. Imo

edit_preview.php

I'm especially interested to hear your impressions. So sorry for your loss.

Sushen

I fear this game becoming another ToV where an excellent game got ignored by gamers that led to a reluctant publisher with future releases.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I can't wait for this game.

I almost forgot I don't even have my PS3. Gotta go pick it up from my buddy tonight.

RPGCrazied

http://img268.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img268/1272/ninokunir.jpg&action=rotate[IMG]

As for someone who recently lost both of his parents.... [spoiler] the game will suit my situation perfectly.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Already replied to your thread in off topic about this, but still, hope you pull through and get back on your feet fast.

-

Can anyone make me a wallpaper for this game? I'd like the logo somewhere in it, and at least Oliver and Drippy in it.

Persona86

Banned

edit_preview.php

I hope you enjoy the game. Stay strong.

p.s I just bought the firefly theme because of your post. :)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The futureshop is right next to my workplace. So once I get the call it's a hop, skip and a jump over to buy it and then spending all day looking at it wishing I was home to pop it in.

Man, the positive response for this game has reignited my hype but I just started Skyrim (my second attempt at actually getting through it) and I'm currently 50 hours into P4G. I want to go out and pick this up tomorrow but it just doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment. Hmm...

Top Bottom