• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Live Facebook Q&A

Hektor

K will wait for omega bomba sale price. Or the patch that removes it.

tenor.gif

I can already see the OT being full of people whining about this because muh platinum action

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
tenor.gif

I can already see the OT being full of people whining about this because muh platinum action

I've already said it but I'm going to love the reactions of people going into this thinking all about Platinum character action gameplay and not fully realizing that Yoko Taro is the director. I wouldn't be surprised if the last boss drops all the previous gameplay people had gotten used to for the previous 20+ hours and has an elaborate brick breaker game or you have to beat the last boss in a cart racing game.

Hell just imagine what happens if Yoko Taro implements the boss that purposefully drops the frame rate during the battle to fuck with the players. Its gonna be a salt mine in the OT.

reson8or

So there IS some kind of deal between SE and Sony. Just like i thought. Not that i am surprised but... developers not being able to even talk about it is pure comedy. Nice job SE, please go to hell.

Considering Nier was an all but dead franchise be happy we're getting this game AT ALL. You can wait, and you will.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I've already said it but I'm going to love the reactions of people going into this thinking all about Platinum character action gameplay and not fully realizing that Yoko Taro is the director. I wouldn't be surprised if the last boss drops all the previous gameplay people had gotten used to for the previous 20+ hours and has an elaborate brick breaker game or you have to beat the last boss in a cart racing game.

Hell just imagine what happens if Yoko Taro implements the boss that purposefully drops the frame rate during the battle to fuck with the players. Its gonna be a salt mine in the OT.

It's not like Bayonetta didn't have a random shmup section either. Even if people were expecting just Platinum, I don't think they would be mad at those things you mentoined happening, since they would probably be fun to play through.

The OP text adventure thing has nothing to do with Platinum though. Lots of people disliked the forced visual novel part in the first, non Platinum title. If they dislike it again, no reason to attribute it to "platinum fanboys" or whatever,

reson8or

Having just come from finishing Drakengard 3, your words ring true.
Ended up just watching Ending D on YouTube :(

Ogawa-san

Will there be multiple endings? "Of course, but they won't be unlocked in the same way as the previous game. You'll have to figure out how to get them on your own."
It's going to make me miss that 100% weapons grind, isn't it?

Phil Fish

Banned
It's going to make me miss that 100% weapons grind, isn't it?

Not sure what it's like in DR3 or Nier, but it was fucking worth it for Drakengard. That last boss and ending was goddamn amazing.

It may even be better considering the new gameplay style.

Tohsaka

Anyone know if JP copies have English subtitle option or is that only the Asian edition?

Someone in the demo thread said they asked the Platinum PR rep and they said it would. I remember them saying before that they were only doing one version of the game this time too, so that'd make sense for all the SKUs to have the same language/text options.

Will there be multiple endings? "Of course, but they won't be unlocked in the same way as the previous game. You'll have to figure out how to get them on your own."

That's pretty interesting. I wonder what cryptic things we're gonna have to do to unlock them

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The thing that amazes me is that SE are letting Yoko and company get away with this irreverent stuff despite it getting a seemingly solid marketing push.

Its really unusual for a major publisher.

Cerium

The thing that amazes me is that SE are letting Yoko and company get away with this irreverent stuff despite it getting a seemingly solid marketing push.

It's better than dry marketing speak.

DevilDog

Care to enlighten us mcz117chief? Or will this be an OT title for 4-5 people?

Like, καινή means new and γυνή means woman, and they are both ancient Greek words, but why the hell would it be the OT.

ZangBa

Those answers are pretty refreshing compared to the usual marketing speak. I'm glad there's another text adventure, that was such a strange, but awesome, inclusion in NieR.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's better than dry marketing speak.

Indeed, I just said it was unusual. Not bad.

Seriously, when was the last time you heard the director of a title being pushed out by a major publisher say on the record not to get excited or expect too much? This is the second time I know of where Yoko has pulled this self-deprecating line.

Exentryk

Originally Posted by Takahisa Taura, Designer from Platinum Games

Any Updates on the PC Version? "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce."
Is a Switch Port Planned? "If SE pays us for it, we'll make it - we'll even make it for the super nintendo."
Will Automata switch Genres like the original NieR did? (i.e: Text Adventure) "Yoko-san had to put in another text adventure just because people hated the first one."

Originally Posted by Yoko Taro, Director of NieR: Automata

Please Sum up Automata in one Sentence. "It's the one that's not Final Fantasy."
Will you team up with Platinum again in the future? "If SE pays me, I'll do anything they want!"
Do you have a face in there? "More important than that, it's so hot in here I'm about to die!"
Do you have a message for the fans? "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Lmao! These devs are great!

Ubernube

Seriously, when was the last time you heard the director of a title being pushed out by a major publisher say on the record not to get excited or expect too much? This is the second time I know of where Yoko has pulled this self-deprecating line.

Me thinks Square has a very hands off approach with this game, which is probably why he's allowed to act and say what he does. If this game had a much bigger budget, I'm pretty sure Square would limit Yoko's shenanigans somewhat in regards to marketing.

I think SE has enough faith in our Lord and saviour Yoko Taro.

LotusHD

Banned
I literally want a religious cult built around Yoko Taro.

He's cool and all, but I'm good.

He does it quite often, it's hilarious. At the end of the day, everybody loves a guy with a sense of humor.

BigEmil

Don't fall for their 1. Bs.
They're just saying that so you go buy this game more

It's gonna happen regardless

chrono01

The Black Box Edition is sold out on SE's online store too. This bodes well for the game. Nice to see some support for this one.

Their thinking is probably that the social media buzz created by Yoko Taro being Yoko Taro helps way more than it hurts, and they're probably not wrong, especially for a relatively niche title like Nier.

Would love to see a remake of the original by Platinum, as I admittedly never got a chance to play it the first time around. (Though Clemps really helps out with that.)

Top Bottom