• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Live Facebook Q&A

mcz117chief

Yeah, we don't need any more butt titles or discussion of 2Bs butt. I don't expect the game itself to call anywhere near much attention to it as a certain group of fans does. The demo already doesn't, you just... happen to see it (which believe it or not, actually won't turn you to stone.)

The usual suspects are already going to show up to let us all know the game is all flash, no substance, Soulsborne is better, and JP devs are perverts that should take notes from Ubisoft.

It doesn't? I haven't played the demo for the fear of being turned to stone the moment I would look under her skirt.

Is OK, I was just having some fun ;)

I mean, I get you, it's the most obvious one and it was honestly the first thing that came to my mind when I heard her designation but man, talk about a waste of a great name.

I don't want to use 2B when she has such a beautiful name of Yorha. It would be a terrible waste.

I mean, I get you, it's the most obvious one and it was honestly the first thing that came to my mind when I heard her designation but man, talk about a waste of a great name.

All of the androids are YoRHa units, so a special snowflake name for 2B it is not. (A2 and 9S, as well as all other units of that type share the same nomenclature.)

Yup, that's why I would put a disclaimer there saying that "ὴ" is read as "é" in ancient Greek.

Nobody who used Google Translate would know what to do with that information. Again, it's overly complicated and will confuse more than anything else.

Squire

Banned
It doesn't? I haven't played the demo for the fear of being turned to stone the moment I would look under her skirt.

I'm being flip there, obviously, but I do think the "butt discourse" was making a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. It wasn't even a controversy anywhere other than GAF and then when we had the discussion it was entirely two-dimensional.

Sexy character designs aren't all inherently or immediately sexist or mysoginist though they of course can be. That nuance didn't seem to exist for the opposition in the old threads. The discussion boiled down to everything inherently bring "pandering" and painting eastern designers in alarmingly broad strokes.

I'm hoping we can have a more nuanced, mature discussion if the topic comes up again or that it just doesn't.

LotusHD

Banned
Will there be extra costumes? "That's a secret!"

I believe...

C2TIydMVIAQeDSW.jpg

mcz117chief

I'm hoping we can have a more nuanced, mature discussion if the topic comes up again or that it just doesn't.

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Don't expect Jesus to stop by our OT, mate ;)

I believe...

It's nice BUT I NEED Kainé's garb. I played the entirety of Drakengard 3 with it along with her sword and I would LOVE to do the same in Αυτοματα.

I need an A2 avatar. She needs more love. But my Zero....

Keep Zero, we don't have enough of Zero or Kaine around.

KodaRuss

Go check out how much the OP got grilled on the Titanfall 2 OT1 Title. Everyone hated it and wouldnt stop talking about it.

Just stick to "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you"

NieR: Automata |OT| Came for the Platinum gameplay and All I Got Was This Lousy Rhythm-based Boss

"NieR: Automata |OT| I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you" is the best tag

NieR: Automata |OT| Came for the Platinum gameplay and All I Got Was This Lousy Rhythm-based Boss

"NieR: Automata |OT| I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you" is the best tag
So many people are gonna flip their shit if the true boss fight is what we've come to expect. But I dunno if it'll happen.

So many people are gonna flip their shit if the true boss fight is what we've come to expect. But I dunno if it'll happen.

Nier isn't supposed to be as insane as Drakengard,but one again, it's Taro we're talking about.

Reactions of people not familiar with his previous works are gonna be entertaining.

Nier isn't supposed to be as insane as Drakengard,but one again, it's Taro we're talking about.

Reactions of people not familiar with his previous works are gonna be entertaining.
Honestly, reactions from those people are one of the things I'm looking forward to most. Yoko Taro is finally getting a chance to be unleashed to the masses, and what that means, can only be great things.

LotusHD

Banned
Bloody hell, I never knew GAF could be so worked up over such a miniscule thing.

To be fair, it's not like it takes that long to post and complain about stuff like this, and no one wants to continually look at what they perceive to be a terrible title forever I guess. But yea, some inevitably care just a bit too much.

Moonkid

I like the title 'new woman' for what it's worth, Nier is all about language and the barriers of communication. While "I wouldn't expect..." is kinda funny it works after you know who Yoko Taro is. Otherwise it's just oddly self-depreciating.

LotusHD

Banned
I like the title 'new woman' for what it's worth, Nier is all about language and the barriers of communication. While "I wouldn't expect..." is kinda funny it works after you know who Yoko Taro is. Otherwise it's just oddly self-depreciating.

This is GAF though, you gonna learn about the man's self-deprecation at some point, especially if you're interested in the game lol

And if not, people will tell you themselves, they damn near idolize him lol

Philippo

So, New Woman for OT1 and Taro's quote for OT2 for when people start getting to know him?

Exentryk

Seeing a language one doesn't know in a forum doesn't produce that reaction. Often, the person notices it then ignores it.

Very few actually copy & paste the phrase into Google Translate, and even then, the Kaine meaning is mostly lost. (See Below)

Rf2gpzj.png

Oh man! So the OT basically will be NEW WAIFU?! Hahaha!

With 85%+ saying they want "I wouldn't expect...", it seems pretty clear what NieRGAF wants though.

Exentryk

I could have gotten behind the New Waifu title tho :p. But good stuff, mcz117chief!

|OT| A2B Action Guaranteed
|OT| Buying this greenlights Nier 1 Remaster

Top Bottom