• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata Releasing March 7th 2017

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You guys are looking for conspiracy when there seems to be none.

I don't think you're familiar with the context of the discussion to which you've interjected. Nobody is saying that Sony is wrong to push its own platforms during events such as PSX, just that there has been a demonstrable difference in openness between PSX 2015 and 16, which is most definitely the case. Is that important, given that inconsistencies can be immediately clarified? I suppose that's a matter of perspective. Should a lack of clarity be expected? Generally, yes, but last year Sony made a point to accurately represent the nature of the games it featured, only to walk back from that this year and either obfuscate or outright misrepresent the truth. In fewer words, the point isn't that Sony is wrong to push its own platforms, just that the switching of gears is disappointing as Sony made a point to set an honest precedent only to do a 180 due to a perceived inconvenience.

sense

I don't think you're familiar with the context of the discussion to which you've interjected. Nobody is saying that Sony is wrong to push its own platforms during events such as PSX, just that there has been a demonstrable difference in openness between PSX 2015 and 16, which is most definitely the case. Is that important, given that inconsistencies can be immediately clarified? I suppose that's a matter of perspective. Should a lack of clarity be expected? Generally, yes, but last year Sony made a point to accurately represent the nature of the games it featured, only to walk back from that this year and either obfuscate or outright misrepresent the truth. In fewer words, the point isn't that Sony is wrong to push its own platforms, just that the switching of gears is disappointing as Sony made a point to set an honest precedent only to do a 180 due to a perceived inconvenience.

i am just saying there isn't enough evidence there to come to the conclusion that they did a 180 on their messaging.

Hate to rag on PC players as this is unfortunate news but it's also some thing "Action RPG" fans should expect. Consoles have always been the home for games like this, at least high budget ones from Japan so if you're into these kind of games not owning the console of that generation means you won't be playing a lot of them, or you'll have to wait quite a bit or suffer a poor port of the game. Once again, I'm not saying I wish this was the case, but sadly it is.

Between games like Devil May Cry, Bayonetta 1/2, The Wonderful 101, Ninja Gaiden and others, it's just the way it is.

Where is your avatar from?

i am just saying there isn't enough evidence there to come to the conclusion that they did a 180 on their messaging.

There is. I mean, last year they basically branded every game shown on screen with transparent tagging like "First on PS4" "Console Exclusive" "Exclusive" "Console debut". As for this year they're basically back to non-transparent one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I firmly disagree. To reiterate, though, I'm not saying that platform holders should be more transparent, just that it is disappointing that Sony in particular re-evaluated how open/honest it should be when advertising games for its own platforms. I assure you that I'd be frowning upon Microsoft, Nintendo, and indeed any other platform holder if any of them were involved in a similar reversal of policy.

Top Bottom