• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata Releasing March 7th 2017

GhostTrick, what you meant was one hour of ban for each month they delay it, right?
Say yes.

Nah I meant, if they delay it by more than a month, I get one day for each day after that month. So if it's a 3 month delay, I get a 2 months off hahaha.
If it's cancelled... Welp.

sense

I did find it odd the Sony guy said PlayStation exclusive when announcing this title and release date on the stream

jonjonaug

I was planning on picking up the collector's edition for this once it was announced. But at 200 dollars, a figure I don't want or have space for, and no guarantee of release date shipping I think I'm gonna pass and just stick with my Amazon preorder.

And I'll cancel that if we get a same day confirmed Steam release too.

I did find it odd the Sony guy said PlayStation exclusive when announcing this title and release date.

Nothing odd. Just straight up lie/pr damage control. UMvsC3 was announced as an exclusive. Sony decided to drop their transparent exclusive tagging and go for a blurry one.

New fanart by Character Designer Yuya Nagai:

cywcotmucaajnroy5k90.jpg

sense

Nothing odd. Just straight up lie/pr damage control. UMvsC3 was announced as an exclusive. Sony decided to drop their transparent exclusive tagging and go for a blurry one.
Or just accidentally said exclusive instead of console exclusive. Don't think anyone is going to go up there to lie about exclusivity about a niche game like nier....

They recently did some update on the store or something - not sure if it's a bug or they actually just want to charge you now

Tried buying other game. Yeah, they are charging now, 23 freaking euro for shipping.

Is it Square Enix Store exclusive??

Or just accidentally said exclusive instead of console exclusive. Don't think anyone is going to go up there to lie about exclusivity about a niche game like nier....

Gotta build the list in a way or another :p
But yeah that could also be a mistake. Then ahain, they appear to be far less transparent from now about exclusivity.

Me and this game

174857.gif

I wish the Steam version had some sort of physical release where I could get an artbook and statue and stuff. I never buy those sorts of special editions, but I'd make a big exception here...

DevilDog

Only game worth looking forward, coming from the PS4.

Why don't other console games dedicate the amount of work these guys put into gameplay?

Maybe God of War? We will see.

Moonkid

TIL the first Nier was rated 18 as well by PEGI. The confusion came from the original game being rated 16 where I live so I assumed it was rated 16 in Europe too. Then again, the ratings where I live don't make much sense with the entire Dawn of War series being rated the equivalent of Teen for ESRB.

Hektor

It would still just be a Steam key regardless

I'm sure he wants the physical goodies tho

Is it Square Enix Store exclusive??

The press release says so

They recently did some update on the store or something - not sure if it's a bug or they actually just want to charge you now

They are only charging 50 cent to test the validity of your paypal account

Tm87m15.png

Might be different wird Credit Cards of course.

sense

Gotta build the list in a way or another :p
But yeah that could also be a mistake. Then ahain, they appear to be far less transparent from now about exclusivity.
Not sure about them being less transparent. Are you confused about anything? They did say playstation console exclusive during the gio segment. They announced umvc3 available today exclusively on PS4 which is true and pr and details are already out saying it is coming out on xb1 and steam. Same with the new mvc where they didn't use the exclusive word at all. I don't think they are intentionally doing anything wrong ala rise of the tomb raider. Just saying there isn't enough evidence for that assumption you have there.

Not sure about them being less transparent. Are you confused about anything? They did say playstation console exclusive during the gio segment. They announced umvc3 available today exclusively on PS4 which is true and pr and details are already out saying it is coming out on xb1 and steam. Same with the new mvc where they didn't use the exclusive word at all. I don't think they are intentionally doing anything wrong ala rise of the tomb raider. Just saying there isn't enough evidence for that assumption you have there.

Well that's a fact. Last year, they'd label every game. This year, they're playing on words.

Durante

At least that seems to imply that it exists, I guess.
Well, so does this S-E video on their own official channel (which also says "early 2017"). It's not like they were too hush-hush about it 3 months ago :p

While I don't trust a day/date release, I do think speculating about a cancellation is way too panicky.

Top Bottom