• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata Releasing March 7th 2017

Dio

Banned
That's exactly my birthday.

This is probably one of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten

As much as I really want that Steelbook and Artbook... I'm not paying $311 Canadian for it; the figure is only 15cm tall anyway. Shame there's no in-between limited edition that offers just the artbook, steelbook, and CD.

At least there's reversible cover art, as that marketing box is ugly as hell.

If anyone is willing, I'd be more than happy to swap my game case and a bit of cash for the Steelbook & Artbook from the Black Box Edition.

Arizato

Is there any trouble cancelling Pre-orders on the Square-Enix EU store? I want to Pre-order the Black Box Edition so that I don't miss out on it when it comes out. But can I change my mind if I want to further down the road?

YaBish

I really need to beat the first game. Bought it on GAF's recommendation. Got stuck at the giant boar a few months back and haven't had time to play it since.

It does get better, right?

vaporeon

Super tempted to get this! </3
SE's play arts kai figures which are always ugly as hell, but since most of 2B's face is covered, it doesn't look half bad lmao.

Squishy3

I really need to beat the first game. Bought it on GAF's recommendation. Got stuck at the giant boar a few months back and haven't had time to play it since.

It does get better, right?
You don't even need to fight the giant boar, assuming you mean the one that's roaming right outside the village that someone gave you a quest to go kill it. For your first playthrough I'd honestly just recommend playing through the base game, and you can consult a spoiler free guide to pick up all the weapons on the second/third playthrough.

Not to mention after beating the game on subsequent playthroughs it starts you off at the halfway point.

PXWhJdK.png

This Review Thread is best enjoyed while listening to "Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There" by Shoji Meguro. (YT)

REVIEW EMBARGO LIFTS IN:
t1490803200z4.png

METACRITIC: N/A (1 Critic)

OPENCRITIC: N/A (1 Contributor)

Official Playstation Magazine UK: 100

OPM UK said:
Whether you&#8217;re a series fan, a JRPG evangelist or a total turn-based newcomer, this is an essential play. Persona 5 is packed with stuff to do, expertly put together and exquisite to the last pixel. An unabashed masterpiece.

I don't know how they can keep getting away with having such limited availability (No Canada, Just US, for example), and such high prices ($180 US + $44 US Shipping).

If I could pre-order a limited edition with just the steelbook, artbook, and CD on Amazon I'd be super happy.

But nope, gotta have those overpriced Square Enix Exclusives!

The price of shipping as well as the speed is terrible. I'd happily purchase a Steelbook edition or even this specific edition from Amazon... I want it! But I'm not going to buy two copies of the game just so I can play it on release day. S-E gotta make it hard for those of us who want the game with all the goodies at launch just like with World of FF. :(

K.Sabot

Despite being a huge fan, I'm not going for Black Box version.

Will instead spend that money on the official OST with the game.

Wereroku

Well I have went full crazy and picked up the CE. Will look nice on my shelf next to the D3 box. Man this is a lot of money for a game.

This game looks dope af and the first time I've really paid attention to it. Definitely picking it up, but for the uninitiated like me, is a play through of Nier on PS3 necessary? If not should I still play it?

OldMan

Banned
Only square games I'll play, the first one was the perfect portion size of fantasy, adventure and whooping ass in a semi-linear world.

Amani

The Black Box edition only served as a reminder that I need a better job. Still, at least I've got something to hold me over until P5 April.

I mean, other than FF15 and Gravity Rush 2 an-you know what lemme see who's hiring...

Wagram

I didn't buy the FFXV Collector's Edition due to the high price, but apparently my heart has decided i'm in for the Black Box Edition. The fact that this even exists deserves all my money.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
But I want it nnnnnnooooowwwwwww. Excited for that demo though

Edit: I'm not too concerned for the Steam version but I guess we can't predict day one. Sony's MO has been to allow but ignore PC releases for stuff like this and it hasn't meant they have to be late or anything, just that Sony won't talk about it at their events. I don't think it's really the best strategy but I don't think it means the PC version is cancelled or anything

I really wish they would stop doing square store exclusive collectors editions and just let me get it from amazon or best buy, but watever, I'm all in on this.

Monocle

I started watching gameplay footage of this today and it looks waaaaaaaay too good. Exceptionally smooth movement, badass combat, gorgeous art style and music. It appears to combine some of the best elements of Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta.

I really should have bought a PS4 this Black Friday...

This game, Nioh and P5 all coming up in the first 4 months of the year is OVERKILL. Excluding january, it's one for each month even. They're all going to be awesome IMO, what a time to be alive.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any trouble cancelling Pre-orders on the Square-Enix EU store? I want to Pre-order the Black Box Edition so that I don't miss out on it when it comes out. But can I change my mind if I want to further down the road?
Until two weeks before release you can cancel it yourself

Lime

It's easy as hell to cancel, just go into My Orders and cancel your pre-order. You will also get a notification e-mail a week in advance that your pre-order is about to be charged, in case you forget that you pre-ordered.

Oh good, the cover is reversible. Don't need a tacky "day one edition" banner uglying up my box art. Artwork on the reverse side is better anyway.

Gonna be sick. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Hector_JHJ

Neo Member
Anyone here who ordered from the Square Enix online store before? Debating whether to get the limited edition, can someone tell me if the cheapest shipping obtain still guarantees release day delivery or not (for the U.S)?

Glass Rebel

I see "magic" is back in full effect.
lawd.png

That's all I needed to know. This is gonna be my GOTY, which is no small feat considering Zelda is releasing next year too.

Preordered the Black Box Edition. Could not say no to a steelbook and statue even at the price. Besides, I love NieR way too much anyways haha!

Top Bottom