• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR OST vinyls with art drawn by Tokyo Ghoul creator releasing on December 20(Japan)

DKHF

A vinyl record for NieR Gestalt and Replicant and one for NieR Automata with songs from their soundtracks will be released on December 20 in Japan. Pre-orders start on September 25, but they will also be available to purchase early at TGS. Their cover art is drawn by Tokyo Ghoul creator Sui Ishida. No overseas release announced yet.

UPDATE:

Square Enix will be selling the box set in Europe and PAL territories (no info on North America yet) exclusively via the Square Enix online store with pre-orders starting 25 September.

Press release info:

In addition, the NieR: Automata / NIER: Gestalt & Replicant original soundtrack vinyl box set will be available to pre-order in Europe and PAL territories from 25th September 2017, exclusively from the Square Enix Online Store. The box set will be available in December and will feature four vinyl LPs with a variety of tracks selected by series composer Keiichi Okabe, as well as exclusive illustrations from Tokyo Ghoul illustrator sui ishida.

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pres...ENTS_AND_DIGITAL_SALES_EXCEED_TWO_MILLION.php

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/nier/vinyl/automata/

15 songs, 3,600 yen + tax

PqXPiSP.jpg

HzwTeRS.jpg

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/nier/vinyl/gestalt/

20 songs, 3,600 yen + tax

There will also be a box set with both game's vinyls for 7,200 yen.

3DZKBav.jpg

Astrael

Well, dang, count me in. If they don't ship it overseas guess it's time to call in a favor from my friend in Yokohama.

DKHF

Yeah - this is what I'll be gunning for.

It's too perfect not to...

How limited are things like this from Square Enix JP usually? Any expectation it'll come westward?
It says these are limited releases so maybe not that many, but I'm not sure how much they're talking. Not sure if it'll come westward, maybe?

Soar

Wow, heading there in a couple of months. Hopefully still able to pre-order.

Never have my consumer genes been so fiercely triggered.

Wonder if it'll feature Brother Nier on the other side or if they're marketing it as Gestalt+Replicant keeping it territory neutral and just feature Yonah or someone else like Emil.

I just realized...

If this is being sold by the Square Enix store, it'll either be JP only, or US based with massive shipping costs...

Aldric

Oh so that's why l saw a bunch of fanarts of Kaneki and Touka wearing 9S and 2B clothes. l didn't get the connection but if lshida is a Nier fan it makes sense. This looks fantastic.

Iokis

I dread to think what the cost of importing this to EU would be
but I'm probably gonna go for it anyway

DVCY201

I will find high resolution versions of the covers and make posters lol

I don't have a record player, so y'know

Soar

I got most of the nier stuff through yahoo auctions jp and used their proxy service (buyee). Pretty cheap and painless. Also works for amazon.jp stuff.

I will find high resolution versions of the covers and make posters lol

I don't have a record player, so y'know

get it anyway. at worst, it's a cool piece of art or conversation piece.

plus, you can always buy a record player if you want one. you can't always get something like this. not for a fair price, anyway.

DVCY201

get it anyway. at worst, it's a cool piece of art or conversation piece.

plus, you can always buy a record player if you want one. you can't always get something like this. not for a fair price, anyway.

This is true. Hopefully not a Square Enix JP exclusive, and amazon JP will have a listing or CD Japan

Hektor

You seem to have some experience, how would you usually import something like this?

I also like to know. Do u think something like this would be available in amazon.ca as import item?

For orders from the Japanese SE store i usually use whiterabbitexpress (alternatively Tenso). Their service fee is somewhat expansive, but they are generally quick and reliable.

You just tell them what to buy/preorder with a link to the store page, pay them and they'll do the rest for you.

With shipping, service fee and customs it can be pretty expensive depending on where you live unfortunately, but its the most comfortable and reliable way.

The biggest issue is that you are seriously gonna regret it if the items suddenly do happen to become available westwards lol.

Like I already said, most merchandise is exclusive to Japan, but there can be exceptions (like the normal OST) so it's kinda a gamble.

Soar

Actually a worry just crept up, would the LPs be a bit fragile for overseas post? Don't want to imagine the delivery crew to treat them like frisbees. I use Tenso a lot (called Buyee now).

Hektor

Actually a worry just crept up, would the LPs be a bit fragile for overseas post? Don't want to imagine the delivery crew to treat them like frisbees. I use Tenso a lot (called Buyee now).

From my experience the packages will definitely take some hits but they are stuffed well enough to prevent damage.

Top Bottom