• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Black is very special.

It sucks that in the future the only things that will get ports are the bad Sigma versions. Hopefully Microsoft can convince K-T to let them put Black on the XONE BC (and NG2) just so that it is easier to get access to these gems.

Mauddib

Banned
7EDlifI.gif

Man it's kind of crazy how the PS2/Xbox era made rockstars out of Japanese developers and the PS3/360 era just as quickly killed the rockstar status of those same developers. Such an odd and inconsistent industry.

dan2026

Ninja Gaiden 2 would be a much better game if they fixed the frame rate.

We need a remaster of 1 and 2. Not the crappy Sigma versions though.

The Sigma games are unfortunate. They take away features (including the intro FMV for Black, WHAT?), while most of the additions and changes that they made are bad or unnecessary. So the overall product just feels sloppy and inconsistent.

2qNqF2Y.png

All they really had to do was bump up the resolution and not tamper with perfection. Ninja Gaiden Black HD would have been better.

try deleting the cache -- you might lose your save or something

I got it all working....it's sooo good.

I DEMAND a remaster of this game.

DEMAND.

Edit: I might stream some of this - good lord am I rusty! I think I was 19 when I last played this. I'm 33 now. :'(

Havoc2049

Hmm whats different about Vanilla Ninja Gaiden to Black on the OG XBOX??

Depends on if you have access to the Hurricane DLC, as Ninja Gaiden Black is Ninja Gaiden with Hurricane Packs 2 & 3. Tecmo also replaced the unlockable Ninja Gaiden Trilogy with Ninja Gaiden Arcade.

Ninja Gaiden + Hurricane Packs + Ninja Gaiden Trilogy > Ninja Gaiden Black + Ninja Gaiden Arcade

Hurricane Pack 1 on Ninja Gaiden was an online scoreboard and tournament, which ended in the Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja Championship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S83YLMiNnzY

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I prefer NG2. The combat in that game was something else, at times it was like playing an instrument levels of fluidity. I would rock fools with the dual katanas.

Breakage

Slightly off topic question for NG fans: were the clawed Black Spider ninjas in Ninja Gaiden II (X360) humans or fiends? I'm talking about those brown ninjas equipped with claws and (on harder difficulty levels) red eyes. I know they look human, but in the cutscene close-ups on the first stage they look as if they're undead (white eyes and pale lifeless skin).

Then there's the way that they move: extremely fast - almost insect-like. And finally there's Rasetsu who actually transforms into a spidery fiend despite initially looking like a human enemy. There's just something unhuman about them all. So are they undead human ninjas that have been resurrected or are they fiends who happen to look human?
I tried searching the web for more information, but I haven't been able to find much about their backstory.

psyfi

Banned
I hated these games back in the day because I was terrible at them, but I think I'd love them now. I really hope NGB makes it to XB1 BC.

rmatheso

NGB was awesome, but had more open levels and backtracking. I remember Alma just being hard as hell, well most boss fights being hard as hell. Some puzzles rubbed me the wrong way (pyramid anyone?). Otherwise stellar.

NG2 action-wise is insane. Is it a better game? That's up for debate as the 2nd half of the game really seems like filler. The Flying Fortress Daedalus level may perhaps be my favourite NG level ever.

NG3 was pretty bad for a Ninja Gaiden game, but a pretty good action game. I really enjoyed the boss fights in this game.

NG3:RE is a huge improvement, but a strange one as they modified the combat engine to me more like NG2. You can play all 3 characters completely through the game though.

Yaiba.... Wrapped this one, but again hard and not in a good way. Platforming was strange. Boss fight with Ryu was so cheap. End boss drove me nuts.

O.K. make all this BC on XBOX One plz...

xuchu

Slightly off topic question for NG fans: were the clawed Black Spider ninjas in Ninja Gaiden II (X360) humans or fiends? I'm talking about those brown ninjas equipped with claws and (on harder difficulty levels) red eyes. I know they look human, but in the cutscene close-ups on the first stage they look as if they're undead (white eyes and pale lifeless skin).

Then there's the way that they move: extremely fast - almost insect-like. And finally there's Rasetsu who actually transforms into a spidery fiend despite initially looking like a human enemy. There's just something unhuman about them all. So are they undead human ninjas that have been resurrected or are they fiends who happen to look human?
I tried searching the web for more information, but I haven't been able to find much about their backstory.

Pretty sure they're part fiends transformed by Elizabet or something. The Black Spider ninjas are in the first ninja gaiden and look like regular human ninjas but throw their trademark incendiary shuriken, something all NG2 players will know.

I think Genshin struck a deal with Elizabet transforming most of the black spider ninjas into semi-fiends with the strongest ninjas becoming things like Rasetsu.

I don't really pay attention to plot in ninja gaiden games cos they're nonsensical and stupid but you can find journals of the black spider ninjas in the first ninja gaiden on their corpses. They are often quite funny to read.

Breakage

Pretty sure they're part fiends transformed by Elizabet or something. The Black Spider ninjas are in the first ninja gaiden and look like regular human ninjas but throw their trademark incendiary shuriken, something all NG2 players will know.

I think Genshin struck a deal with Elizabet transforming most of the black spider ninjas into semi-fiends with the strongest ninjas becoming things like Rasetsu.

I don't really pay attention to plot in ninja gaiden games cos they're nonsensical and stupid but you can find journals of the black spider ninjas in the first ninja gaiden on their corpses. They are often quite funny to read.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I was just revisiting NG2 demo the other night, and noticed how they behave and how they don't seem to have eyeballs (it's quite noticeable during the first stage cutscene when Ryu slices thru a black spider ninja from behind). It just got me thinking since they've always been referred to as human enemies. I'll check out the journals as suggested.

Top Bottom