• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden II: The Official GAF Thread of Chaos

Ryuuga

Banned
I shall be there on day one. Awesome thread.

Ninja Gaiden II: Official thread of Dante chesticles and action genre supremacy

I_D

The OP is absolutely amazing.

Excellent work on that, dude.

I can't imagine how long it took to code all of those damn links.

Google ads strike again.

oi89bt.gif

Nif

Dunno if this is news, but NG2 is $44 at Buy.com after google checkout. I've never played Ninja Gaiden because I didn't have an XBox, but this thread and the reviews so far have me excited. Need the demo now, please.

edit: hmm, I don't think GCO works on preorders. Maybe that $6 off will stay after the game is released.

I've made my decision. When I get this game, I'm playing with Japanese voices with no subtitles. I don't want to know anything about what's happening other than that it's awesome.

Vaxadrin

Banned
God's Beard said:
I've made my decision. When I get this game, I'm playing with Japanese voices with no subtitles. I don't want to know anything about what's happening other than that it's awesome.

YES!

That's how I play NG:B. It just feels right.

A magnificent thread for what will surely be a magnificent game. Well done, a Master Ninja.

Only a week to go now, and I can scarcely contain myself. Ninja Gaiden is one of my all-time greats and no review or rehashing of the moaning and bitching its camera got will convince me that NGII will be anything less than great. This shit is going to be epic. :D

Quick question guys, I think it somewhat fits in this thread:

When you guys speak of difficulty in the game, do you guys think of just playing the game without any form of assistance at all?

For example, we all know Ninja Gaiden is known for being very difficult, and it is a very challenging game . But after watching various clips on youtube I got a handle for the game and to my surprise I could even beat the Very Hard difficulty and complete a lot of missions on MN difficulty level. So now to me the game is not as difficult other people claim

I would like to differentiate this from simply reading walk-through since some of the bosses in game still requires you to understand the game to beat them, like Alma or Fiend Ryu

any thoughts?

MonkeyLicker

Art does not make 60FPS @ 1080i with real world physics on the PSf*ckin2.
The 1080p mode in this game must be running at a higher resolution than the 720p (rather than simply upscaling) if the reports of the frame-rate being better at a lower resolution are true. Any info yet regarding this?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So, when the "Path of the Warrior" mode kicks me in the face, repeatedly, does that mean I have to get drunk in order to complete it?

In all honestly though, June 3rd 6th (darn UK release embargo) cannot come soon enough, I'll guess I'll continue through NG:Black to tide me over.

Great official thread Master Ninja, well worth the wait.

Spaceman Spiff said:
A magnificent thread for what will surely be a magnificent game. Well done, a Master Ninja.

Only a week to go now, and I can scarcely contain myself. Ninja Gaiden is one of my all-time greats and no review or rehashing of the moaning and bitching its camera got will convince me that NGII will be anything less than great. This shit is going to be epic. :D

Agreed.

BenjaminBirdie said:
This is a truly inspirational OP. I think I'll have to buy the game on general principle.
Seriously.....aMN killed it.

I cant get over the controls pic! I'm printing that one out for work.:lol

Gowans

Wow between thie op herer and teh Wii Ellen thread GAF is back.

Can't wait for this game, the first kicked my arse for a while till it clicked.
Going on a three week holiday today but the second I get back NG2 is going straight on.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Best offical game thread OP I've ever seen :lol

anyway I'm only coming back to this thread once I finish ngb, which I just bought

raYne

Saw the commercial like 6 times tonight on a variety of channels. It's terrible. They cut out the blood completely, there are no limbs being hacked off (didn't expect that anyway) and there is barely any fighting to speak of. In addition, it's in slo-mo with questionable (see bad) music. :/

It doesn't do the game any good at all.
Green Shinobi said:
I don't think I ever had a problem with Ninja Gaiden's camera. I didn't even realize it was considered bad until I came to GAF.
Well, the Hurricane Pack free cam is a massive improvement from the camera the game shipped with.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
raYne said:
Saw the commercial like 6 times tonight on a variety of channels. It's terrible. They cut out the blood completely, there are no limbs being hacked off (didn't expect that anyway) and there is barely any fighting to speak of. In addition, it's in slo-mo with questionable (see bad) music. :/

Well, the Hurricane Pack free cam is a massive improvement from the camera the game shipped with.

Didn't know there was a commercial here for it. I'm going to see if someone uploaded to Youtube.

a.wd

Damn if this isn’t the best of the best of the best, sir! To think I was going to knock one together, just so there was one there! *shudders* so awesome.

PhatSaqs

Banned
raYne said:

Agreed. I saw it during UFC 84 Saturday.

Tokubetsu

I'm caught in a flame war trying to defend this and reveal how rampant idiocy is in another forum over this game ='(

a Master Ninja said:
Path of the Master Ninja– Beating the game on this difficulty will be a badge of honor. Any GAFfers who accomplish this feat will have their names listed here so they may be worshiped.

This is relevant to my interests.

Awesome thread, aMN. A great contribution to GAF, for sure.

Ecto311

Anyone know if the xbox360 hori joystick works with this game? I got the one for wii to use with brawl and it doesn't do shit.

Top Bottom