• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory starts hiring spree for AAA game, seemingly using Unreal Engine 4

Seriously, they require you to have worked on four successful projects when NT themselves have never worked on one? The nerve.
its only the truth..and here.
images

Excellent news. I'm up for some next-gen Ninja Theory, whatever it is they're working on. I mean I'd love a DmC 2, but there's no place for stealth mechanics in such a game so it must be something else.

Im not quite sure about that. Well here are some informations about the Techdemo i saw.

First : 16th century england streets. Than a girl starts singing. Man notice her and goes to her slowly. - Cut - Both in an elevator. Background is a steampunk city. She stops singing. Kiss. End.

Could result in a game (would like to see this Opera) or could result in nothing. Tameem said its not a big thing yet and was just a test for next gen.

And god damn it it looked beatiful. Cant present pictures of the trailer because no photos or videos allowed. But i have a proof that i was there.

I'm intrigued.

Tells you all you need to know about Ninja theory. Show your newest tech at a fucking film festival. Keep these people away from Devil May Cry.

Okay so Deadelic,Rovio,4A Games and Thatgamecompany is also shit? Goooooood to know. Tameem and Deadelic were the only ones who were talking about gameplay elements. Thatgamecompany was just "That feel. Feel.Feel.Feel everywhere. Emotions".

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Okay so Deadelic,Rovio,4A Games and Thatgamecompany is also shit? Goooooood to know.

No, but they don't need to be working on Devil May Cry, which I think was his point.

Speaking of which it sounds like this is not DmC2, so I think I can safely return to ignoring this studio and their output

bangai-o

Banned
Tells you all you need to know about Ninja theory. Show your newest tech at a fucking film festival. Keep these people away from Devil May Cry.

gamers are just going to have to come to terms with big budget triple A games aiming for the cinematic experience. Unless gamers show that Bayonetta-like games will sell just as well.

The last DMC was decent, but personally I would rather something else.

What about Heavenly Sword 2? Isnt that franchise due for a sequel?

Shooting and stealth mechanics? Unless DmC is undergoing a genre change, it's not DmC 2. "Shooting mechanics" =/= 3 weapons with 8 moves in total.

Guys... what if its... The Last of Us 2?

They already worked on a Sony exclusiv title.

Just kidding. Keep hatin'.

DMC4 2.5 million Sold

DmC 1.1 Million

So much for "Cinematic Experiences" selling more.

It got hate from the first moment. There were people who feared it could be not fun. So they didnt bought it. And in a few Summer Sales they have their 2.5 millions sold.

But what if... just imagine this : They make Last of Us 2 and its even better than the first one. Would you stop hating them? You couldnt... because you boycot the game right from the first moment.

I gave DmC a shot and the story was absolute garbage due to how much was promised and how much it under delivered. Ninja Theory is only good at stories when they outsource. Their actual writers are a joke.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
But what if... just imagine this : They make Last of Us 2 and its even better than the first one. Would you stop hating them? You couldnt... because you boycot the game right from the first moment.

That is

really hard to imagine

and I don't hold The last of Us up on any sort of pedestal

Foffy

Banned
Please dont be Tenchu

Tenchu is pretty dead, dude. And let's be fair, they'd have more manpower to make a decent Tenchu game than Acquire does. I'd actually be down for this, as the biggest thing holding back Tenchu are the developers From gets to make games.

That would require a level of talent and craftmanship unseen in any previous NT game

You cant even imagine this?

I gave DmC a shot and the story was absolute garbage due to how much was promised and how much it under delivered. Ninja Theory is only good at stories when they outsource. Their actual writers are a joke.

Tell me exactly what was shit. And try not to say edgy and emo.

Reallink

Next-Gen DMC2 on UE4 would be amazing, I'd buy 3 copies. DMC was the best action game of the generation.

I dont particularly like Naughty dog games but even i can see clearly that Ninja theory even on their best day could never ever hope to come near the brillance of the worse naughty dog game.

They do have the potential to be a better studio than quantum dream however, if they could get their games to actually sell.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Tell me exactly what was shit. And try not to say edgy and emo.

Vergil's heel face turn at the end for starters

It reminded me of Two Face in the dark knight. His progression to evil makes absolutely no logical sense. It's just accepted because of how that character was in the source material.

In fact saying that DmC is the summer blockbuster version of a Devil May Cry game is a pretty apt analogy I think

Vergil's heel turn at the end for starters

It reminded me of Two Face in the dark knight. His progression to evil makes absolutely no logical sense. It's just accepted because of how that character was in the source material.

In fact saying that DmC is the summer blockbuster version of a Devil May Cry game is a pretty apt analogy I think

Yeah i can understand that. The Vergil fight was also not bug free. I think they just throw it in for the sake of having it in for fans.

They do have the potential to be a better studio than quantum dream however, if they could get their games to actually sell.

Try to sell your games everyone hates right from the beginning. I dont think NT came to Capcom and said : "Hey we want to make a DMC game."
And changing the look right after the fans were crying would only speak AGAINST NT.

anything that is not my anime husbandu-Dante is poopy.

I hope you know that NT are from england right? Making Anime games in europe is like japan finally doing some good writing stuff.

Mr. X

Another game where they blow all their resources on the actors and mocap and none on the gameplay or script.

I hope they're working on their own game and bringing all the combat system knowledge they gained from DmC so they can finally shed their downright terrible reputation.

It sucks how people seem to want them to fail, instead of hoping they improve so we can get more great games.

Top Bottom