• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory starts hiring spree for AAA game, seemingly using Unreal Engine 4

jaosobno

I'm in for DmC 2.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Devil May Cry should be rebooted (again) at the hands of a competent developer, not be subjected to the further massacre by Ninja Theory.

They may be adding stealth in DmC?

ddb.jpeg

And for the love of the real Sparda, don't let DmC2 come to light. Or if it does, hire a fucking decent writer.

Obeso

Banned
Fuck. No.

NO.

I won't be too fussed if they make DmC 2 if Capcom somehow makes DMC5 themselves. But Ninja Theory making DMC5?

Capcom? Hope not. All my last capcom games sucked(besides SSFIV)... DMC4, Lost Planet, DR2, RE6...

Ninja Theory in the other hand offered much more consistent (and modern) Enslaved, DmC.

If stealth is include, I hope new IP.

bon

Finally, the edgy 3D reboot of Strider everybody has been hoping for.

Oh wait, that was nobody. Nobody has been hoping for that.

nded

Finally, the edgy 3D reboot of Strider everybody has been hoping for.

Oh wait, that was nobody. Nobody has been hoping for that.

Nobody's asking for it, but if the game actually got made I'm sure we'd get a bunch of people who never gave a rat's ass about Strider coming out of the woodwork to tell long-time fans to fuck off and that the original series was shit anyway.

Love me some Ninja Theory. I'd be down for DMC2, Enslaved 2, or even a new awesome IP. They just have a way with characters and stories.

More like they have a way with hiring freelance writers who have a way with characters and stories. DmC is the only game they've written mostly on their own, with Alex Garland hired on as story supervisor. They do seem to have a genuine talent for visuals, but that alone doesn't go very far in making a good video game in my opinion. Let's hope a bit of the Dragon's Dogma team rubbed off on whoever's responsible for game mechanics at NT.

Nobody's asking for it, but if the game actually got made I'm sure we'd get a bunch of people who never gave a rat's ass about Strider coming out of the woodwork to tell long-time fans to fuck off and that the original series was shit anyway.

Pretty much.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Love me some Ninja Theory. I'd be down for DMC2, Enslaved 2, or even a new awesome IP. They just have a way with characters and stories.

Can't wait to see what they create. I loved Enslaved. Hopefully they learned how to design better combat during their time with DmC and put those skills to use in this new game.

I agree. Enslaved was one of the hidden gems of this generation, and I enjoyed DMC even though it's not usually my thing.

Top Bottom