• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory starts hiring spree for AAA game, seemingly using Unreal Engine 4

tumblr_mmk8g6xOaM1s45gf7o1_r1_500.gif

Wat?
simply put:
cocaine is a helluva drug

That dragon game capcom made that didnt do so hot.

Dragons Dogma?

That shit.

Edit: beaten

Its actually a reall good game, i look forward to its sequel.
AFTER Devil may cry 5

what are the DMC4 devs doing now? (serious question) are they still selling like that?

I feel like everyone at Capcom conglomerated into doing RE6 and Dragon's Dogma (specifically the DMC team apparently went to go do Dragon's Dogma with Itsuno leading). I honestly have no clue what Capcom is doing right now.

Try to sell your games everyone hates right from the beginning. I dont think NT came to Capcom and said : "Hey we want to make a DMC game."
And changing the look right after the fans were crying would only speak AGAINST NT.

I hope you know that NT are from england right? Making Anime games in europe is like japan finally doing some good writing stuff.

Its clear you didnt follow the games development closely. They did change the apperance of Donte drastically compared to his inital reveal. They also omitted huge plot lines suggested in the first trailer.

While NT didnt come to capcom with the inital Idea of DmC the design work was all their doing.

Sorry, the writing in DmC is laughably bad. In fact DMC3 actually had a much better story.

Finally good luck if you think a couple of steam sales are going to bring sales of a game to 2.5 millon. thats not how it works.

I'd love to see an Enslaved sequel, not sure if it will ever happen though. I think it was a great game, that could really be refined/fine-tuned in a sequel (like Assassins Creed I/II).

Espada

Itsuno and his team need to go back to Devil May Cry. DmC was goddamn disgrace. So shallow compared to every entry prior to it, christ almighty.

Village

simply put:
cocaine is a helluva drug

Its actually a reall good game, i look forward to its sequel.
AFTER Devil may cry 5

I heard the game was decent and I wanted to try it, but there was literally no hype behind the game, and I quickly forgot it existed.

And yes I need more Uncle Dante, Nephew Nero and Ghost dad Virgil

2003 - Kung Fu Chaos
2007 - Heavently Sword
2010 - Enslaved
2013 - DmC

uhm... given their track record I guess we can expect this game to be realease sometime in 2016

Hexa

Please no more DmC. Please no more DmC. Please no more DmC...

Just make a new IP or use one of your old ones and everyone will be happy.

DmC2? The sequel to the worst selling entry in the series? Let's hope not. 2.7 million copies sold was enough reason to reboot the series, apparently, but 1.1 million is "solid sales". Got to love that logic.

joe2187

Banned
Dear Ninja Theory

Please for your own good, stop making action games.

Love Joe.

P.S.
I'm serious tameem....stahp

Arion

Though Dmc was a terrible Devil May Cry game it was still a decent character action game. Compared to Heavenly sword and Enslaved it is their best game yet so as a developer they are improving. I doubt Capcom will let them do Dmc again seen as it did quite poorly in sales so hoping its a new IP.

Dahbomb

They did attempt a stealth mission for DmC early on, but it never left the prototype phase. The level was later used for the Bloodlines mission.
Stealth... in MY DEVIL MAY CRY????

Just kill it with fire already. This is the last thing the series actually needs.

Dahbomb

Honestly if this didn't have stealth mechanics in the job resume it would be a shoe in for the next DMC game. Most notably because none of NT's previous games featured both melee combat and shooting mechanics... only DmC did.

ezekial45

Banned
Honestly if this didn't have stealth mechanics in the job resume it would be a shoe in for the next DMC game. Most notably because none of NT's previous games featured both melee combat and shooting mechanics... only DmC did.

HS and Enslaved did have shooting. Nariko used a heavy cannon weapon, and Monkey and Pig both used shooting weapons.

koryuken

Stealth... in MY DEVIL MAY CRY????

Just kill it with fire already. This is the last thing the series actually needs.

LOL. Dahbomb, you finally joined the "DmC does not need a sequel" team. Good for you. I remember you were actually quite reasonable when discussing DmC and not dismissing outright. I am glad you came to your senses. DmC should never have been made -- and a sequel to DmC is needed even less.

Lyonaz

I thought Ninja Theory was doing Strider or some shit?

I just pray they aren't doing another Devil May Cry game.

Top Bottom