• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory starts hiring spree for AAA game, seemingly using Unreal Engine 4

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm sure DMC5 will have excellent bokeh effects.

For the UE4 note, not only does UE4 get mentioned in some of the job postings (along with other Unreal stuff), but one of their staff lists Unreal Engine 4 as a skill on LinkedIn now.

LinkedIn said:
Daniele also knows about...

Unreal Engine 4

(Unreal Engine 3 is listed separately in the skills section, so presumably this is not a typo.)

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/daniele-dinacci/55/2a4/9b0

Tweet: https://twitter.com/NinjaTheory/statuses/352405275552137217

Jobs page: http://www.ninjatheory.com/wp/?page_id=27

Various Excerpts:

Ninja Theory Senior Designer said:
Essential:
-Knowledge of the game design development process gained from working on multiple shipped titles, ideally of a recognised AAA standard.
-Scripting experience (text based or visual – e.g. kismet)
-Experience working on a product featuring shooting, melee combat or stealth mechanics

Desirable:
-Rudimentary animation skills (Matinee for UE3/UE4 or equivalent)
Technical Director said:
Working closely with the Board and other Senior Management, establish and maintain strong relationships between art , design, animation & code teams, as well as key leads, such as audio. Demonstrating innovation and understanding of entire game quality to a AAA standard in all disciplines.

Essential:
-Have working experience with one or more consoles within the last five years e.g. PS3, Xbox 360
-Project experience must include at least one AAA project at Technical Director level
-Good experience working on at least four successful projects
Lead Character Artists said:
Desirable
-Experience with UDK.

Can't wait to see what they create. I loved Enslaved. Hopefully they learned how to design better combat during their time with DmC and put those skills to use in this new game.

its not DmC2
DMC doesnt have stealth mechanics
^i doubt Kojima would let his main series be outsourced by another company, unless it was Platinum

You gotta make AAA titles first before you make it a requirement for someone to have experience on it for them to work for you.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Let them make a revitalised Strider their own or something, a series that doesnt come with 3d gameplay expectations. Just let DMC rest after the ill-advised reboot to come back with Dante and Nero and co when this is all forgotten.

Hypron

DmC2/DMC5, please. ;_;

Fuck. No.

NO.

I won't be too fussed if they make DmC 2 if Capcom somehow makes DMC5 themselves. But Ninja Theory making DMC5?
i636.photobucket.com_albums_uu90_vanessa68_2009_Macros_20and_20gifs_shakehead.gif

ezekial45

Banned
I don't see DmC2 from NT happening. I'm sure it sold well enough, and it reviewed very well, but I feel that they've move on to something else.

I see Capcom making DMC5 as the more likely scenario from this franchise. Unless they've completely moved on to something else.

Kysen

Seriously who keeps funding this studio? 3 bombas in a row and somehow they are pulling in projects left and right. If its DmC2 I'm done with the franchise, terrible developer.

I'll be psyched, regardless of what it is.

Im not quite sure about that. Well here are some informations about the Techdemo i saw.

First : 16th century england streets. Than a girl starts singing. Man notice her and goes to her slowly. - Cut - Both in an elevator. Background is a steampunk city. She stops singing. Kiss. End.

Could result in a game (would like to see this Opera) or could result in nothing. Tameem said its not a big thing yet and was just a test for next gen.

And god damn it it looked beatiful. Cant present pictures of the trailer because no photos or videos allowed. But i have a proof that i was there.

keep Tameem away from whatever it is or its doomed from the start due to his arrogance

What about Phil Fish? He is also a person full of arrogance. Do you like him?

Im not quite sure about that. Well here are some informations about the Techdemo i saw.

First : 16th century england streets. Than a girl starts singing. Man notice her and goes to her slowly. - Cut - Both in an elevator. Background is a steampunk city. She stops singing. Kiss. End.

Could result in a game (would like to see this Opera) or could result in nothing. Tameem said its not a big thing yet and was just a test for next gen.

And god damn it it looked beatiful. Cant present pictures of the trailer because no photos or videos allowed. But i have a proof that i was there.

DmC Zero: How Sparda Met Your Mother

ezekial45

Banned
Seriously who keeps funding this studio? 3 bombas in a row and somehow they are pulling in projects left and right. If its DmC2 I'm done with the franchise, terrible developer.
They're reliable, competent, and their games have all been reviewed very well. After DmC, which was their highest reviewed product, they must've gotten a bunch if work lined up.

ezekial45

Banned

Sounds intriguing. Though it could be just for the purposes of the demo.

Where did you see this at?

Top Bottom