• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory starts hiring spree for AAA game, seemingly using Unreal Engine 4

Dahbomb

LOL. Dahbomb, you finally joined the "DmC does not need a sequel" team. Good for you. I remember you were actually quite reasonable when discussing DmC and not dismissing outright. I am glad you came to your senses. DmC should never have been made -- and a sequel to DmC is needed even less.
DmC does not NEED a sequel and I very much want a real DMC5 over a DmC game.

But I would rather have DmC2 over no DMC game ever again.
HS and Enslaved did have shooting. Nariko used a heavy cannon weapon, and Monkey and Pig both used shooting weapons.
Eh, I guess this is probably a job resume for Enslaved 2 then.

koryuken

Metal Gear Rising: Shakespearean Destiny

Granted, Ninja Theory would probably do a better job on the story for MG4 than Kojima.

I would rather have no DMC games for a decade and then get a real, Japanese-developed sequel to DMC4 VS a DmC2 in 2-3 years....

ezekial45

Banned
Stealth?

DmC2 to be Capcom's Assassin's Creed confirmed.

Actually, they were planning on having crowd mechanics and a more open setting in their original vision for the game. They talked about it at their GDC talk back in March, which was a lot of fun. When going into limbo, the crowds would become warped and you'd be able to manipulate them in some way.

LordJim

Granted, Ninja Theory would probably do a better job on the story for MG4 than Kojima.

I would rather have no DMC games for a decade and then get a real, Japanese-developed sequel to DMC4 VS a DmC2 in 2-3 years....

And much better characterization for sure.
'I've got a bigger dick, BROTHER'
'LIQUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID'

So this is why they shut down their forums?

I'm not sure what stealth could mean. Strider third person reboot with bullet time and ninja vanish in steady 24fps?

Mega Man Legends reboot where you play a smart-ass Volnutt who is an international cyborg agent who steals weapon plans from the evil space ninja corporation lead by sexy slavic Tron Bonne in an assless M. Bison inspired latex ensemble?

Darkwing Duck in Mallard With a Shotgun?

Actually, they were planning on having crowd mechanics and a more open setting in their original vision for the game. They talked about it at their GDC talk back in March, which was a lot of fun. When going into limbo, the crowds would become warped and you'd be able to manipulate them in some way.

So basically nothing like a DMC game. Gotcha.

Keep these people away from Devil May Cry.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
lol, another thread with the same paltry number of DmC/Ninja Theory supporters that remain just as overtly dismissive of any criticism as always.

Hopefully this isn't anything related to any franchise I care about. I wish them the best of success as long as it is.

Lucent

Fuck. No.

NO.

I won't be to fussed if they make DmC 2 if Capcom somehow makes DMC5 themselves. But Ninja Theory making DMC5?
i636.photobucket.com_albums_uu90_vanessa68_2009_Macros_20and_20gifs_shakehead.gif

Exactly. DmC can be Ninja Theory's thing. I don't want DMC to be touched by them.

I hope they're working on their own game and bringing all the combat system knowledge they gained from DmC so they can finally shed their downright terrible reputation.

It sucks how people seem to want them to fail, instead of hoping they improve so we can get more great games.

No, we want our damn franchise back! It's not NT's ip and their sales shouldn't make for a sequel. It was meh. sss for collections. Forever aerials AND neros devil arm. And that "buy in". Needed a lot of balance

I would not purchase DmC 2

sleepykyo

Heavenly sword 2. Sawny please.

Well Tameem did show up in that Sony reel a while back.

Darn, I was getting used to the idea of NT being contained within Crapcom.

Fuck. No.

NO.

I won't be to fussed if they make DmC 2 if Capcom somehow makes DMC5 themselves. But Ninja Theory making DMC5?
i636.photobucket.com_albums_uu90_vanessa68_2009_Macros_20and_20gifs_shakehead.gif

They already made DMC5. The naming is pretty irrelevant at this point since it is NT's DMC or none at all while anyone with talent at brawlers is working of Capcom's fighting games or Capcom's Skyrim (be it called Deep Down or Dragon's Dogma).

Astarte

So this is why they shut down their forums?

I'm not sure what stealth could mean. Strider third person reboot with bullet time and ninja vanish in steady 24fps?

Mega Man Legends reboot where you play a smart-ass Volnutt who is an international cyborg agent who steals weapon plans from the evil space ninja corporation lead by sexy slavic Tron Bonne in an assless M. Bison inspired latex ensemble?

Darkwing Duck in Mallard With a Shotgun?

Kojima gave them the go ahead to remake Metal Gear Solid 1. Snake and Vergil argue over who has the biggest dick, Otacon is a sick Japanese man with a fetish for abortions.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Kojima gave them the go ahead to remake Metal Gear Solid 1. Snake and Vergil argue over who has the biggest dick, Otacon is a sick Japanese man with a fetish for abortions.

Holy shit. I could actually see this being true. Wasn't Kojima looking for someone to remake it?

Evilisk

Holy shit. I could actually see this being true. Wasn't Kojima looking for someone to remake it?

Something like that. I think he refused or wasn't super serious about that idea IIRC

Eh, I guess this is probably a job resume for Enslaved 2 then.

Heavenly Sword had the Kai sections too.

I'm hoping it's Heavenly Sword 2. Wasn't there a rumour of a movie a while back?

Apeopleman

lol, another thread with the same paltry number of DmC/Ninja Theory supporters that remain just as overtly dismissive of any criticism as always.

Hopefully this isn't anything related to any franchise I care about. I wish them the best of success as long as it is.

You know, like, some people actually enjoy things you might not enjoy.

And lol @ as long as it's not a game you care about, you wish it success. So if it is a game you care about, you wish it failure?

Yes because Internet tears are more important than franchise quality.

Also this may be a Strider remake.... AWW SHIT!!!!

I actually did like DmC though, is the thing. Finished it multiple times, which is more than I can say for the dull as dishwater DMC4. Got the Vergil DLC too. Been a fan of the series since I played the demo that came with Code Veronica X all those years ago, so whatever.

I guess I should've said that I would legit be happy with a DmC2 and the internet tears would just be a nice bonus, then.

Jac_Solar

gamers are just going to have to come to terms with big budget triple A games aiming for the cinematic experience. Unless gamers show that Bayonetta-like games will sell just as well.

True, for now. I hope that, once gaming has matured a bit more, and there's a large pool of established games they can sell to, gameplay will eventually start dominating again.

As in, the best selling games are cinematic games because they appeal to people who don't normally game, and only buy the games that share similarities with movies -- which is a lot more people than gamers at the moment.

If that's not the case, then I don't know what the deal is. I wouldn't understand why people who are familiar with games would generally prefer a movielike experience in a game, when they could get a full movie experience in a movie. A game that aims for a movielike experience, or tries to be "cinematic", always turns out mediocre at best.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
And lol @ as long as it's not a game you care about, you wish it success. So if it is a game you care about, you wish it failure?

Of course. People enjoy their games, which is evidenced by this thread, no matter how small a population of gamers. I, personally, do not. As long as it doesn't interfere with something I care about, then I hope everyone who likes them gets what they want. If they take up their own IP, or an IP that has no significance to me, I hope they do well. If they decide to ruin another franchise for me, then I don't.

Pretty simple, actually.

imagine if its a new MH(impossible because hell would break loose)
the entirety of Japan(yes all of Japan) would attack Ninja Theory

rvy

Banned

Oh my God, I'm bleeding from my eyes!

I wouldn't be able to deal with that, I'd just quit gaming altogether. Hell, I'll take DmC2 over a new Strider, no point in ruining two franchises, really. Hooray for DmC 2.

I actually do hope it's another Capcom franchise reboot. If Capcom wants to sink every franchise in their back catalog I hope they can all go out in the same blaze of glory that DMC did. Don't let Strider or RE go out with a whimper like Dino Crisis, Megaman, Lost Planet, or Onimusha.... let us remember the "FUCK YOU"s and sniper abortions for the rest of time.

Top Bottom