• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Games: what does this thing have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpbaa

At least in 2D they add some anti aliasing, unlike Mario 3D land which is jaggy even in 2D. I prefer 3D, no matter how small the amount because I notice the resolution bump, makes everything look clearer and more crisp.

While this doesn't bother me because I always have 3D on, but I wish Nintendo and 3rd parties were more consistent with 2D mode (they should always have AA)

think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
devil survivor overclocked
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
harvest moon :L
doctor lautrec

am i forgetting something noteworthy?

think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
doctor lautrec

depends on if you like ace combat, or GR shadow wars "great strategy game can be picked up cheap also"

Portugeezer

think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
doctor lautrec

Don't forget some eShop games like Pushmo, Mighty Switch Force, and Mutand Mudds.

I'm hoping an obsessive 3DS owner such as myself can jump in and help me here so I don't seem too weird.....
The fact I can't unlock all of the Usage Tips in the Sound and Camera apps is driving me crazy!

Has anybody got in Sound the numbers:
003, 005, 040, 089, 090, 091

and in Camera:
005, 030, 043, 084, 085, 087, 088, 089, 091-096, 098-108, 110

and if so, what are they? I really want to unlock them all :lol

Well it is all a matter of context. Amongst real people it would be weird but you are amongst many obsessive gamer nerds so that is perfectly normal behaviour.

:p

I bought Pyramids on a whim today. Am I a bad person for thinking it's worth $4 and that it's actually a decent little Solomons Key clone?

No. Like what you like and don't worry how it is congruent is with other's likes or dislikes, Colonel!

Ocarina of Time is so good that I went ahead and bought Links Awakening. I'll play it after OoT

Oh, was Ocarina your first Zelda? You will find Links Awakening quite different in that case! Enjoy! :)

tolkir

think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
doctor lautrec

If you like oldschool games, Shinobi.

think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
doctor lautrec

Dead or Alive: Dimensions

For Zack's Alt. Costume. Opoona!!!!!

Edit: I have Harvest Moon. I like Harvest Moon. You might want to wait for the ground up Harvest Moon. The DS up port has freezing issues.

Wow I just played the second demo for Theathrythm Final Fantasy on my Japanese 3DS, and I must say I feel like I might import this game. I wish Square Enix would hurry up and announce a localization for it, would rather support the western release.

I love music/rhythm games as you can probably tell. :)

Tunavi

Banned
think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
doctor lautrec

how do you have time/money to play all those....

Bumhead

Banned
Oh, is Nano Assault due in the EU/UK in March?

Its continued recommendation in this thread has been teasing me for weeks.

Pachimari

I'm actually pretty impressed with the 3DS line-up so far, they got some well-known franchises out the door already and that was fast.

Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 (currently reviewing), Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Pilotwings, Nintendogs and soon Kid Icarus: Uprising and Luigi's Mansion 2.

Now, they just got to get Pokémon Gray out for 3DS.

limaCAT

Banned
Weren't we promised last year a 3DS pokemon game for the spring? I can't seem to recall. Or am I just thinking about the Nobunaga crossover game?

I remember that announcement, but it was soon rectified as it was a translation error and nintendo was announcing some 3DS games and the Nobunaga crossover (and IIRC the 3DS games were mainly confirmations about E3 and TGS titles).

think i'll be grabbing
tales of the abyss
super mario land 3ds
starfox
pilotwings
mario kart 7
zelda oot
kid icarus
doctor lautrec

eShop!

VVVVVV
Pushmo
Mutant Mudds
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure

Virtual Console!

Donkey Kong
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Gargoyle's Quest
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Bionic Commando

After 100 odd hours of SM3DL I am only now at the point where I feel the urge to move onto something else. So I fired up the Revalaitons demo for the first time and ohmyword! :eek: I only played for a few minutes [because I died :/] but I think I am already in love! :) This is the next game that is going to be jammed into my 3DS methinks! Frankly, they had me at the title screen with that music! :)

VanWinkle

I have really been enjoying my 3DS I got a few days ago. I love the 3D effect. However, I can't help but feel disappointed in the graphics quality of Super Mario 3D Land. It just looks way worse than Super Mario Galaxy, which is not on a platform that is by any means a technical marvel itself. I am still loving the game, though.

Effect

I have to say I'm feeling better about Heroes of Ruin after viewing the screen shots of it in the eShop. The 3D effect seems like it will be pretty good. I do wish the video of it on the eShop was a direct feed video.

I'm also hoping Code of Princess comes over. The animation in the game looks so fluid and it looks really nice.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
working all day today but once finished i can update on how good/bad Zoo Keeper is

I assume someone else has covered Rhythm Thief ?

oh, and i decided to buy Jaws - i liked the Xbox version in a cheesy LOL way, and it was cheap so....

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Any impressions on Sakura Samurai, for those who have it?

Highly recommended. People describe it as like a Punchout samurai. Gameplay is fun, music is excellent. It can get a little repetitive, but it's the good type of repetitive where it gets to be addictive. I find it to be quite challenging because my reflexes suck, but I'm having a lot of fun playing it.

NFreak

Any impressions on Sakura Samurai, for those who have it?

I am also finding the game to be extremely fun. If you like a Punch Out style game then I think you'll love this. The last boss is a pain in the ass though. I'm having a hard time beating him. Can't wait to start up a new game on hard mode when I'm done though!

Tyeforce

I'm hoping an obsessive 3DS owner such as myself can jump in and help me here so I don't seem too weird.....
The fact I can't unlock all of the Usage Tips in the Sound and Camera apps is driving me crazy!

Has anybody got in Sound the numbers:
003, 005, 040, 089, 090, 091

and in Camera:
005, 030, 043, 084, 085, 087, 088, 089, 091-096, 098-108, 110

and if so, what are they? I really want to unlock them all :lol
...No way!! I'm not the only person who's crazy obsessive over things like this here!! XD This is also bugging me to no end. Those damn parakeets! Let me check to see what I have...

Here's what I need:

Nintendo 3DS Camera:
005, 030, 062, 087, 088, 089, 092, 094, 096, 099, 101, 102, 103, 105, 106, 107, 110

Nintendo 3DS Sound:
003, 005, 040, 091

And here are the ones I have that you're missing:

Nintendo 3DS Camera:
043 Photo Save Location
084 Switching Cameras
085 3D shots: Video
091 Something different
093 Tricks: Afterimages
095 Pro: Blown-out highlights
098 Ideas: Plant growth
100 Stop Motion + B/W
104 Tricks: Interval animation
108 Ideas: Teleportation

Nintendo 3DS Sound:
076 Top 10 Most Played
089 Hit Parade
090 StreetPass at concerts!

It would be awesome if we could figure out exactly what triggers the ones that we don't have yet. Surely someone out there has to have gotten them...

I don't know why I find Sakura Samurai so addicting? Maybe I'm just a Japanophile? I mean I didn't really like Punch-Out!! but this really reminds me of it with the whole dodging aspect. I lost to the first castle's boss, I guess my reflex was too slow lol.

Any other games out that truly deserve to be in the OP?

I'm so tempted to go to Best Buy today and pick up some more games but it would be a bad idea because I still have a bunch of PS3 games from Christmas to play...>.<;

So hard being a gamer when you have multiple systems ;-;

EDIT: Crap, Resident Evil is out on Tuesday already, I AM SO SCREWED >,<;

Got my 3DS today after a looong gap.

4382-2746-2624 <---Add me!

I have an unopened copy of 3D land but I'm thinking I will trade it for another game that interests me more. Nothing against Mario but I havent been able to finish one since 64.

jgkspsx

James Noir hit $20 new with $4 shipping on Amazon Marketplace just now. I bought it. I suspect it should have launched at no more than $25.

Got my 3DS today after a looong gap.

4382-2746-2624 <---Add me!

I have an unopened copy of 3D land but I'm thinking I will trade it for another game that interests me more. Nothing against Mario but I havent been able to finish one since 64.

SINNER! Seriously give the damn game a try, sometimes I get bored of Mario games but I played this one all the way through (and I'm still not finished because I have a huge backlog of other games to play)

Also get Mario Kart 7! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom