• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS North American Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
JohngPR said:
Although I have a Cosmo Black one pre-ordered, I keep wanting to change my preorder to the Aqua Blue one after seeing it at Best Buy. It didn't look as "girlie" as it did in PR shots. What do you guys think?

Can't lose with black, if nothing else it just looks like a smartphone to the casual observer. I personally can't get over the sparkles in the blue. Not that I wouldn't take one if there was no other choice.

Izayoi said:
Have you seen the Blue in person? It looks awesome.

Nah never got a chance to since I don't live close to a BB. I really like the blue from pictures most of the time, just on occasion I'll see it in bad lighting making it look ugly. I think I'll be happy with the blue one.

Dreamwriter said:
Realize that the vast majority of gamers never owned a Nintendo 64, as the Psx demolished it in sales. Same with Gamecube and PS2. Wii had it on the Virtual Console, though...
I remember you tried to push this argument around E3, too.

You also tried insisting Ocarina of Time 3DS was not a real game and just a tech demo Miyamoto was showing off.

You have weird ass thought processes, man.

Super SF4 and a Blue 3DS.. Though I'm thinking maybe black.

I may go through with the TRU deal too..

Shocked no one is saying yes to Samurai Warriors Chronicles.. That bad??? :( It looks like its decent in terms of graphics .. Similar to Dynasty Warriors for PSP when that launched.

ShockingAlberto said:
I remember you tried to push this argument around E3, too.

You also tried insisting Ocarina of Time 3DS was not a real game and just a tech demo Miyamoto was showing off.

You have weird ass thought processes, man.
At the time Miyamoto said the game wasn't in development, it was just something he wanted to make to see what the open world would look like in 3D. Then the next day Nintendo released a press release saying it was in development, contradicting him. Did you think I should have ignored Miyamoto? Assumed he was lying or mistaken?

Dreamwriter said:
At the time Miyamoto said the game wasn't in development, it was just something he wanted to make to see what the open world would look like in 3D. Then the next day Nintendo released a press release saying it was in development, contradicting him. Did you think I should have ignored Miyamoto? Assumed he was lying or mistaken?
But he didn't say that. It was pointed out to you numerous times that it was, at best, a mistranslation. The game was listed on Nintendo's site the day before Miyamoto showed it off as The Ocarina of Time 3D.

Are you seriously still insisting that the game wasn't in development last June?

ShockingAlberto said:
But he didn't say that. It was pointed out to you numerous times that it was, at best, a mistranslation. The game was listed on Nintendo's site the day before Miyamoto showed it off as The Ocarina of Time 3D.

Are you seriously still insisting that the game wasn't in development last June?
All I'm saying is what Miyamoto was quoted to have said from more than one gamesite at the time. I'm sorry, I don't automatically assume everything I read quoted from a major game developer that isn't exactly what I want to hear is a mistranslation.

Sammy Samusu said:
bZH39.png
If you parallel-view the two boxes, her leg is coming out in 3D!

MooMoo said:
Make that a week for us Amazon peeps D:

don't trust delivery estimates on stuff releasing sunday, the majority of the time i've gotten said things on monday with two day shipping, on the other hand it is the most likely heavily preordered 3ds so who knows.

I really wish I would have, at the very least, put my fingerprints on a 3DS by now, but there's no way in hell I'm touching a retail store demo. 9am Sunday can't come soon enough :(

- J - D -

lazybones18 said:
I really wish I would have, at the very least, put my fingerprints on a 3DS by now, but there's no way in hell I'm touching a retail store demo. 9am Sunday can't come soon enough :(

Why? Cuz of cooties?

matmanx1

We got our first unit in the store today. It was a Blue one and since that's the color I'm getting I made the decision to go ahead and open it and claim it as "mine" even though I can't take it home til Sunday.

That machine is dead sexy, I don't mind telling you. It's far more green than blue to me and the gradient and overall paint job look pretty fantastic.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Any impressions on Sims 3? Never played the Sims before and my Girlfriend really wants it. Seems like it could be a cool game that would benefit from being able to play it on the go.

Emitan

Skiesofwonder said:
Any impressions on Sims 3? Never played the Sims before and my Girlfriend really wants it. Seems like it could be a cool game that would benefit from being able to play it on the go.
I'm interested as well. Never played any of them, but from my friend's impressions of the 360 version, it seems like a decent game.

Skiesofwonder said:

It runs at less than 30FPS and has less features than the PC game.

Billychu said:
I'm interested as well. Never played any of them, but from my friend's impressions of the 360 version, it seems like a decent game.

Looks like it has horrible FPS, but other than that, haven't seen any impressions of it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I never understood why anyone would willingly buy a console Sims over the PC/Mac version. In fact, with the limited content provided on disc now (wanting you to buy more from the EA store/expansions), I don't know why people would buy the games at all.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AceBandage said:
It runs at less than 30FPS and has less features than the PC game.

Hmmmm.... well if it runs at a pretty much steady Framerate then a lower then 30 FPS for a game like the Sims 3 wouldn't be SOOO bad.

I'm grasping for straws here...

Was at Fry's today and got to open up a Pull and Go case and look at the Executive Case. Man, I'm torn.... if only the Executive Case held 4 games....

In regards to pull and go executive case, I think i can manage with two games on the go(Pokemon and 3ds game of current interest), and if not i'll revert back to the my ds case with 8 game slots.

Boney said:
If I don't see a Moon gif with 72 hours remaining tomorow, I'll be disapointed.

Best I could find.

33dxbo2.jpg

Teknoman said:
So Ridge Racer 3d got a good review from IGN, actually sounds fun...but no online MP. I'm conflicted.

My advice: Don't support any of Ubisoft's/Namco's games until they get price drops.

Firestorm

Ocarina of Time sold 7.6 million copies. More than most games could ever hope to sell regardles of platform. It doesn't matter how many N64s were sold.

I talked to some dude online today who always says he's going to get this and that system so we can play some online games together and he alwasy puts it off or never gets the system.

Well, I have been throwing the 3DS in his face and he said the same thing and I laughed at him knowing he wouldn't get it(he's pumped for Ocarina).

Well, he got back to me today on some messenger and he kept getting signed off but while I wasn't at the computer, he sent a picture of the 3DS at the Best Buy.

To sum it up, he tried it out, thought people were crazy for doubting or belittling the 3D and that it works REALLY well.

He doesn't even like Pilotwings(like me) and had fun with that game and said it looks way better in 3D(asked him if he'd buy it and he seemed like he possibly would but still doesn't like the game).

He then tried to preorder the system there(this shocked me) and they wouldn't let him so he went to a Gamestop in the area and they were getting in 4 systems and he got to reserve one.

A blue one too!!!!!

Boring story but it's something to make THIS dude spend money on a not-so-cheap gaming system, especially a portable.

angelfly

Teknoman said:
So Ridge Racer 3d got a good review from IGN, actually sounds fun...but no online MP. I'm conflicted.
It's a good RR game and will probably be the last good one if Unbounded is any indication of the future of the series.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
StickSoldier said:
I wonder, is Gamestop the only store still allowing preorders?

Best Buy (and Futureshop in Canada) were still taking them this weekend, and I imagine other stores will as well until they reach their limit.

Marty Chinn said:
Is there a Steel Diver thread yet? A search didn't yield one.

I don't believe there's one, or it disappeared really quickly.

MooMoo

DoomXploder7 said:
I love Amazon, $10 credit on SSFIV. i don't even know what i'm gonna do with all this credit anymore.
Spread the wealth ;D! Haha, but once I logged onto my Amazon account to randomly find $10 credit. I hadn't recently ordered anything, put in any codes, or anything. It was just there one day. Amazon ftw!

I Push Fat Kids said:
So Samurai Warriors? What is the verdict?

Where can I find a bunch of reviews? Ghost Recon?

Eurogamer gave Samurai Warriors a 5, all I saw of reviews for that one besides a Famitsu on way earlier that was positive but not sure if it was real.

Ghost Recon got some positive impressions.

MooMoo said:
Spread the wealth ;D! Haha, but once I logged onto my Amazon account to randomly find $10 credit. I hadn't recently ordered anything, put in any codes, or anything. It was just there one day. Amazon ftw!

I wish they'd up kid icarus and Legend of zelda already though, they can have super mario 3ds in their database but not these games with more info revealed and in one case a launch window/date? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom