• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS North American Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glix

wwm0nkey said:
So what are you guys going to do to hold yourselves over till launch? I picked up FFXI compete edition ($10) for 360 but the serves wont be up till Friday :(

MVC3. I like my games salty, baby!

Clipper

Naked Snake said:
Amazon ships it to Australia? It says it can be shipped to selected countries outside the US but it doesn't specify. I just tried selecting an address in Jordan but got a No-Go. I'm having it shipped via a mail forwarding service so it will take at least a week to get here and probably be delayed a few days by customs *sigh*
Yeah, I was amazed to find that they hadn't blocked it, given that they have always disallowed every Nintendo-published DS or Wii game I tried to get through them in the past. I just tried again and they still allow it to Australia too. They are shipping all my 3DS games too. I'm sorry you aren't so lucky, mate.

PKrockin

BY2K said:
No! Not her! No!... No!

No! Fuck that bitch!

4CEvN.jpg

ZZMitch

wwm0nkey said:
So what are you guys going to do to hold yourselves over till launch? I picked up FFXI compete edition ($10) for 360 but the serves wont be up till Friday :(

Pokemon White.

Probably the same thing next week too! :p With some SSFIV and PES ofcourse.

Izayoi

Banned
dallow_bg said:
I don't know which case!

These are the only two I've seen that look decent:

"Official" Executive Case
$20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JLO65Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lEa5bL4dL._AA300_.jpg[IMG]

"Leather" Case
$10
[URL]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MKN3XK/?tag=neogaf0e-20[/URL]

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/315IrLoXJzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
What about the Pull and Go Folio?

Has a detachable pouch that holds the 3DS and two games, much like the Executive Case, costs less, and comes with the rest of the case that can hold the charger and 27 games.

wwm0nkey said:

I'm finishing up Kingdom Hearts:Recoded on my DS lite (which imo is suprisingly good). I also have work and school.

Belfast

wwm0nkey said:

Sounds like a bad idea. By the time you finish installing/updating/creating an account, the 3DS will be on store shelves. :p

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Izayoi said:
What about the Pull and Go Folio?

Has a detachable pouch that holds the 3DS and two games, much like the Executive Case, costs less, and comes with the rest of the case that can hold the charger and 27 games.
I do like that little pouch that you can remove since I just want a slim case that can hold a couple games.
But I honestly wouldn't use the larger part of the case ever.

wwm0nkey

Belfast said:
Sounds like a bad idea. By the time you finish installing/updating/creating an account, the 3DS will be on store shelves. :p
Is it really that bad for installing everything? Will be my first time trying FFXI

Emitan

wwm0nkey said:
Is it really that bad for installing everything? Will be my first time trying FFXI
FFXI took me several hours to get working, and that's excluding downloading anything. Just try a WoW trial or something.

dallow_bg said:
I don't know which case!

These are the only two I've seen that look decent:

"Official" Executive Case
$20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004JLO65Q/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41lEa5bL4dL._AA300_.jpg[IMG]

"Leather" Case
$10
[URL]http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004MKN3XK/?tag=neogaf0e-20[/URL]

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/315IrLoXJzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Will either clip to my belt?

wwm0nkey

Billychu said:
FFXI took me several hours to get working, and that's excluding downloading anything. Just try a WoW trial or something.
I COULD renew my sub to WoW but really don't like WoW too much to be honest.

I think with the exception of the "Executive" case, all the US cases look terrible. I planned ahead about bought this case (http://www.play-asia.com/Easy_Pouch_3DS_Black/paOS-13-71-18g-49-en-70-439w.html) from Play-Asia, as well as some screen protectors, game card case and cloth. The pouch case is really low-profile and looks nice.

Now that the TRU deal is all but official, I cancelled my pre-orders at Gamestop and returning Ridge Racer 3D to Amazon. I plan on picking up Street Fighter, Nintendogs, Steel Diver, Pilotwings and Ridge Racer 3D... I need a 6th game to pair Ridge Racer with for that TRU deal. I can't decide between Monkey Ball or Lego Star Wars. I was going to get Rayman, but apparently it's a terrible port. Such a shame. :/

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Amazon says I should get my 3DS on the 31st and Play-Asia says I should get my copy of Lego Star Wars III on the same day.

Now we wait....

:\

HomerSimpsonPicture.gif

It's silly I'm getting this at launch considering none of the launch games interest me and it doesn't even play DS games very well, apparently. My justification is I could afford to upgrade from my launch Phat DS and it might be difficult to procure a 3DS for the next year.

So why isn't the 3DS games list link in the OP? :p

I hope that PDP Case is good, I bought it with Evangelion 1.11

I'm trying to post my impressions on my blog on wordpress but they are having problems right now. -_-;

dvolovets

It looks like Amazon is updating shipping estimates based on one's position in the queue. Lucky for me, it seems like I got one of the consoles in the initial batch. :D This is gonna be a long week.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
kitchenmotors said:
I think with the exception of the "Executive" case, all the US cases look terrible. I planned ahead about bought this case (http://www.play-asia.com/Easy_Pouch_3DS_Black/paOS-13-71-18g-49-en-70-439w.html) from Play-Asia, as well as some screen protectors, game card case and cloth. The pouch case is really low-profile and looks nice.
Low profile yeah... because it's a zip pouch. :)

For home use I'll be using that reversible pouch from the Club Nintendo store.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
dvolovets said:
It looks like Amazon is updating shipping estimates based on one's position in the queue. Lucky for me, it seems like I got one of the consoles in the initial batch. :D This is gonna be a long week.

I wish I hadn't canceled my original order. :( I jumped back on the train once I actually played it.

wwm0nkey said:
Still playing Pokemon.

And Radiant Historia.

And Dissidia (1)2.

And need to start Okamiden and Monster Tale.

And I told myself I'd actually try Halo 3 this week, which I bought years ago and never got more than an hour in to because I had a headache when I first tried to play it and can't dissociate that from the game.

And MvC3 will keep going especially with the new Sentinel nerf.

...fuck, why am I buying a new system again?

Oh right. Technology whore.

dallow_bg said:
Low profile yeah... because it's a zip pouch. :)

For home use I'll be using that reversible pouch from the Club Nintendo store.

Yeah, I have two of those, but they're far too big for the 3DS. They fit my XL just fine though. I also have a Mario hat DS case from Club Nintendo Japan that I've used for years, the 3DS should fit just fine in that too. Never can have too many cases, haha.

dvolovets said:

What is your estimated delivery date, and how much does 1-day shipping cost?

GDGF

Soothsayer
wwm0nkey said:

Playing some Quake Live. Maybe I'll finally finish Fallout: New Vegas.

ICallItFutile said:
HomerSimpsonPicture.gif

It's silly I'm getting this at launch considering none of the launch games interest me and it doesn't even play DS games very well, apparently. My justification is I could afford to upgrade from my launch Phat DS and it might be difficult to procure a 3DS for the next year.
I'm getting it at launch because:

1) My DSi is falling apart
2) I'm importing and thanks to currency fluctuations, I'll likely never find it any cheaper than at launch

Also, all I've heard about DS game issues is that it plays the games just fine, just with a little extra loading when your first boot up, which is manageable. It's not like it introduces extra loading after that.

Marvie_3

Banned
ICallItFutile said:
Explain please.

Edit: Nevermind. Post above this one.

wwm0nkey said:
Since you got the complete edition you may only need to download a couple gigabytes of patches. Unfortunately, unlike more modern MMO's, FFXI doesn't use any sort of bittorrenting, so it can be pretty slow.

Jetku

Got to satisfy my 3DS hype a little bit today!

Stopped at gamestop and they had the ubisoft games in stock, plus some accessories

I picked up Ghost Recon and the pull and go folio.

Good on ubisoft with releasing games earlier. Had I had a whole launch lineup to choose from, I may have passed it up

Already posted but worth repeating: Amazon is currently offering $10 credit with some games (Street Fighter and Monkey Ball are the only ones I know for sure). Here's hoping they end up matching TRU deal before Sunday.

angelfly

I'll be hitting up the mall on launch day for some street pass action. Hopefully people start using them as soon as they leave the store.

Az987

all good things
Cool, so now that I know Toys R Us is having a sale, I will get all 4 games im going to get on Sunday, and then I'll get the system on Tuesday from Amazon.

Wow that's going to suck not being able to play any of them for 2 more days!

Ahh the wait is killing me!

MrMephistoX

Naked Snake said:
What is your estimated delivery date, and how much does 1-day shipping cost?

Pre-ordered my Blue one on Jan 19th and am at March 29th shipping as well. It would be nice if there were some way for them to ship on Saturday for delivery on Monday but oh well.

wwm0nkey

Dreamwriter said:
Since you got the complete edition you may only need to download a couple gigabytes of patches. Unfortunately, unlike more modern MMO's, FFXI doesn't use any sort of bittorrenting, so it can be pretty slow.
Ok good :lol

Was worried it was going to be like a day or something

Az987

all good things
MrMephistoX said:
Pre-ordered my Blue one on Jan 19th and am at March 29th shipping as well. It would be nice if there were some way for them to ship on Saturday for delivery on Monday but oh well.

I've had things from Amazon ship on Sunday and I got them on Monday. And that was with 2 day shipping too. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol

Az987 said:
I've had things from Amazon ship on Sunday and I got them on Monday. And that was with 2 day shipping too. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol

yep usually have things ship on sat from them with delivery on monday, while they have delivery estimates saying wednesday.

demolitio

I'm taking a guess you can't preorder the 3DS at Best Buy anymore? One employee said it was probably too late since that stupid preorder machine just said "coming soon".

Man shit, I'm so torn on getting either blue or black. I like the blue most of the time in pictures but sometimes it looks bad, so I guess it's just based on lighting. The black one just seems like kind of plain to me, but it has a certain appeal to it at the same time. I already preordered the blue so I guess I'll stick with it, since I usually don't go with the black, I'm just hoping that I don't regret getting blue. Atleast it doesn't look like the original DS rofl.

StickSoldier said:
Man shit, I'm so torn on getting either blue or black. I like the blue most of the time in pictures but sometimes it looks bad, so I guess it's just based on lighting. The black one just seems like kind of plain to me, but it has a certain appeal to it at the same time. I already preordered the blue so I guess I'll stick with it, since I usually don't go with the black, I'm just hoping that I don't regret getting blue. Atleast it doesn't look like the original DS rofl.

Neither of them are best color. Stick your choice now and sold it for RED later.

StickSoldier said:
Get both, take the back panel off of one and put it on the other, to make your own unique color! The entire back panel comes off for battery replacement.

inner-G

Banned
StickSoldier said:
I'm getting black.

I figure the more plain it looks, the more the image will stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom