• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS North American Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed my mind about the Blue 3DS & Pilotwings. The blue 3DS looks more like teal, I even took a picture of it with my phone and the picture of it looks better (just like all of the pictures from the internet)

Pilotwings...the 3D effect was a little interesting, but I felt kind of bored playing it because I had already played it before in Wii Sports Resort.

I played with the 3D slider, I could see the full effect once I bent down to see it, they had it sitting pretty low, but I guess that's for the kids.

GregLombardi said:
Reserve it fast, my local gamestop said they're getting 3 copies. You won't have it on launch day or in the first week if you don't.
hahahahahaha@3 copies.

Man, so much for not reserving ANY games this launch.

I guess it's not in high demand.

Thanks for the info.

BY2K said:
s9yy9.jpg

+
xxs9I.jpg

BRING IT!

That's the same combo I ordered from Amazon. The only other games I have ready for my 3DS' arrival is Okamiden and Ghost Trick :) Haven't owned a DS in over a year so there are alot of games I need to catch up on. I was looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor as well but I'm going to wait it out and just pick up the better 3DS version, Devil Survivor Overclocked, in June :D

MrMephistoX

Crazypanda_85 said:
That's the same combo I ordered from Amazon. The only other games I have ready for my 3DS' arrival is Okamiden and Ghost Trick :) Haven't owned a DS in over a year so there are alot of games I need to catch up on. I was looking forward to Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor as well but I'm going to wait it out and just pick up the better 3DS version, Devil Survivor Overclocked, in June :D

I'm in the same boat but I've got $80 in Best Buy gift cards and $250 tied up with Amazon so sadly it looks like I'll be buying software on Sunday and waiting on hardware till Tuesday. Probably going to pick up Street Fighter, Pilot Wings or Ridge Racer and Dragon Quest IX or Okamiden. I sold my DS Lite right around the time this was announced so I've got a lot to catch up on as well.

dvolovets said:
25s0dit.jpg

That would amazing, if true.

Keep Metroidvania out of Contra. Arc System Works deserves a crack at a sequel: play Hard Corps Uprising.

Sanic

GregLombardi said:
Reserve it fast, my local gamestop said they're getting 3 copies. You won't have it on launch day or in the first week if you don't.

I kinda wonder if all of the Ubisoft launch titles are like that. My Gamestop only got in four copies of Rayman, and said it'll be quite some time before they get anymore in, due to the tsunami.

YourMaster

Amir0x said:
I begrudgingly got my copy of Ridge Racer 3DS today from Gamestop. It almost feels like I just purchased a DS game, the cartridge looks so close if you took out that little ridge.

Turn on the 3d to max, play it, then come back and tell us it's the second coming!

So, here's kind of an odd thought.
At GDC, Reggie announced Netflix for the 3DS, but he also announced 3D videos.
Stuff like music videos and comedians.
Do you think this implies a parternship with Viacom (who owns MTV and Comedy Central)?
I wonder if this also would mean they could push commercials at us at any time via SpotPass.

botticus

Well, my Target was told to pull their preorder cards, bummer. Might still get it there, but I don't know if that means they exceeded their allocation or what.

Bizzyb

Banned
AceBandage said:
So, here's kind of an odd thought.
At GDC, Reggie announced Netflix for the 3DS, but he also announced 3D videos.
Stuff like music videos and comedians.
Do you think this implies a parternship with Viacom (who owns MTV and Comedy Central)?
I wonder if this also would mean they could push commercials at us at any time via SpotPass.

If it means a free service? I wouldn't mind too much. Ads are everywhere, you can't escape them, only ignore them.

botticus said:
Well, my Target was told to pull their preorder cards, bummer. Might still get it there, but I don't know if that means they exceeded their allocation or what.

Are there any preorder places that let you reserve when they have exceeded that store's allocation number???

Like for the next shipment or do they only let you preorder until the amount they are initially getting is taken up???

What I am really asking is basically: If you were able to preorder, will you be able to get the system at launch at any place???

Linkup said:
Since when did Amazon offer $10 credit with SSF43D? I probably would have got it if I had known.

They've been offering that for at least a couple of weeks I think. I mentioned it in another thread and preordered one.

mrklaw said:
I've used a USB cable on and off with the DSi since launch and I've not noticed any difference.

Thanks for letting me know! I'm still feeling a bit worried about it though, I have this assumption that rechargable batteries need a fixed and precise voltage to charge optimally, and I don't think the power out of a USB port happens to exactly match the voltage from the official charger... I bet it's a baseless worry though as plenty of devices and phones charge via USB.

Clipper said:
I'm just glad it should arrive before the Aussie launch day. With courier shipping via Amazon, it should arrive on the 30th, or something like that.=?

Amazon ships it to Australia? It says it can be shipped to selected countries outside the US but it doesn't specify. I just tried selecting an address in Jordan but got a No-Go. I'm having it shipped via a mail forwarding service so it will take at least a week to get here and probably be delayed a few days by customs *sigh*

Amir0x

Banned
Izayoi said:
You're going to be hounded from the launch of the 3DS until the launch of Nintendo's next handheld to try it out.

I have tried autostereoscopic 3D and 3D gaming before.

People just like punishment I s'pose, 'cause then if I did the 3DS janky version I'd have to shit on it again and people would be like "Why you gotta troll for and why do you hate Nintendo SO MUCH" and blah blah blah...

Amir0x said:
I have tried autostereoscopic 3D and 3D gaming before.

People just like punishment I s'pose, 'cause then if I did the 3DS janky version I'd have to shit on it again and people would be like "Why you gotta troll for and why do you hate Nintendo SO MUCH" and blah blah blah...

amiroxdoesntlike3d.jpg

FoneBone said:
So what's the retail word? How close are stores to selling out their launch allotments based on preorders?

I'm going to be picking one of these up but I didn't preorder. I don't like buying LCD-based items online where it is a pain to exchange them due to dead/stuck pixel issues so I'm just going to see how hard it is to get one locally. If I can't, then no big whoop. There's nothing in the launch software that was a must-have so if I have to wait a few weeks that's fine too. Excited but not too excited.

My prediction for around here? You'll be able to find one at Wal-marts and the like if you avoid the busiest stores, but all they will have is the blue/teal model. I don't think this is going to be like Wii but I could be wrong.

ZZMitch

I am in for a Blue 3DS + SSFIV 3DS (have never really played a fighting game before, I am excited) and PES 2011 3D.

I was going to get Lego Star Wars... but I don't think I will be able to get over the fact that it is the prequals and droids and all that... bleh.

Amir0x

Banned
Fernando Rocker said:
Who would win in an epic battle between EviLore and Amir0X?... hahaha... I asked that question in the Stupid Questions thread... good to see the question turned into a comic!

How is it even a question? Evilore would win because he holds the key to GAF :p

FoneBone said:
So what's the retail word? How close are stores to selling out their launch allotments based on preorders?
Interested in this too, basically I just want to know if Gamestop got enough to cover preorders. I will be so pissed if I don't get a system on Sunday.

Sammy Samusu said:
Better than nothing, at this point SpotPass sounds a lot like WiiConnect24, which, you know...

I think Spot Pass will be more easily used, simply due to the fact that more people will have 3DS's connected to online than Wiis.

AceBandage said:
I think Spot Pass will be more easily used, simply due to the fact that more people will have 3DS's connected to online than Wiis.
Maybe, but how many companies are interested in distributing free content? I'm pretty sure this is all about sending promotional material, like trailers and TV ads (both in 3D). Which is great in my opinion.

darkressurection said:
The REAL waiting starts:

x1mDS.jpg
314dvg8.gif

So what games are you guys getting? I might pick up Pokemon Black if none of the launch games are that great. What's the consensus on Pilotwings and Steel Diver?

Shalashaska161 said:
So what games are you guys getting? I might pick up Pokemon Black if none of the launch games are that great. What's the consensus on Pilotwings and Steel Diver?

Both are light on content but a lot of fun.

wwm0nkey

So what are you guys going to do to hold yourselves over till launch? I picked up FFXI compete edition ($10) for 360 but the serves wont be up till Friday :(

Jikagi

wwm0nkey said:
So what are you guys going to do to hold yourselves over till launch? I picked up FFXI compete edition ($10) for 360 but the serves wont be up till Friday :(
I'm playing more of P3P since I haven't played for a long time, so I think I'll be okay until launch.

Izayoi

Banned
Shalashaska161 said:
Pilotwings is short but supposedly great.

I'm getting Pilotwings, SSFIV, Okamiden and probably one other DS game that I haven't decided on yet.

wwm0nkey said:
I've got Pokemon and Radiant Historia.

Will also be reinstalling LoTRO, probably.

So far all I got is Pokemon Black. It's been staring at me still wrapped in plastic since the day of release. MIGHT get Ghost Recon but I don't know. Wish PilotWings had more content.

Amir0x

Banned
wwm0nkey said:

Working the rest of the week, maybe play a little Bulletstorm. No different than any other week :p

Gravijah

wwm0nkey said:

Playing through Persona 4, mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom