• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed [N-CONF] - Releasing in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Damnit Nintendo, you did it again. Again with the awesome handheld, again with finally giving me exactly what you made me want for many years with your other games, again with having the perfect timing just as everyone else gets lame. Here is my wallet. Fuck you Nintendo, you always trick me like this.

GCX said:
It was confirmed in the Nintendo Q&A to be a real game and not just a tech demo.
Uh, I read the exact opposite. It was a tech demo Miyamoto wanted done - he thought the big open field would look great in 3D, so he had a team throw that demo together to see what other people thought. He said it may or may not ever progress from its current state (but the experience they gained from making it can apply to future games).

MGS is a confirmed game, guys.

Kojima tweeted about it a week ago. He said he was breaking a gaming industry taboo, someone asked him if it was Rising, he said no.

He is directing this game. It should be actually shown at the Konami conference tomorrow.

Dreamwriter said:
Uh, I read the exact opposite. It was a tech demo Miyamoto wanted done - he thought the big open field would look great in 3D, so he had a team throw that demo together to see what other people thought. He said it may or may not ever progress from its current state (but the experience they gained from making it can apply to future games).
NOA twitter absolutely 100% clarified it is a real game. Ocarina of Time 3D

Dreamwriter said:
Noa Twitter trumps Miyamoto?
But Miyamoto said it was a game.

Aonuma even said they were fixing the Water Temple Iron Boots issue in the 3DS version.

Beyond putting it on shelves tomorrow, I am not sure what else you want.

tomegatherion77

Neo Member
Dont mean to sound like a hater, but im not really impressed with this. My hats off to them for doing 3D, but other than that, it doesnt seem like much has changed. I will probably end up getting one eventually, because Im sure there will be a few titles I want, just like the DS. Thats about it.

Miyamoto is playing with it at the briefing (no press hands-on, sadly), but like a few other 3DS titles shown off so far is merely a tech demo for the new hardware. He says he liked the openness of Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time, and wanted to recreate that sensation in 3D to see how people liked it.

- Miyamoto says he doesn't just want to port old games to the 3DS, and that the Ocarina and Star Fox demos we've seen today are things the company is actively developing, at least in terms of scope and design if not in terms of literally developing.

Aonuma is quickly back onto Ocarina on 3DS, saying that it should make some of the tougher parts of the game easier; the Water Temple, for example, because with the touch-screen things like changing boots are a lot quicker and easier.

loosus

Banned
Yes, Wave Race would be great on this, but...

(A) Based on the Nintendo 64 version, not the entirely horrific GameCube version.

(B) Made by the original developers, not NST, not Retro, not Paon, not Eighting, not Suzak, and not anybody else who could put their grubby hands on it.

(C) With fucking racers as characters, not the shitty Mii characters.

I am sure the water would look good.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Dreamwriter said:
Miyamoto is playing with it at the briefing (no press hands-on, sadly), but like a few other 3DS titles shown off so far is merely a tech demo for the new hardware. He says he liked the openness of Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time, and wanted to recreate that sensation in 3D to see how people liked it.

- Miyamoto says he doesn't just want to port old games to the 3DS, and that the Ocarina and Star Fox demos we've seen today are things the company is actively developing, at least in terms of scope and design if not in terms of literally developing.

Aonuma is quickly back onto Ocarina on 3DS, saying that it should make some of the tougher parts of the game easier; the Water Temple, for example, because with the touch-screen things like changing boots are a lot quicker and easier.
If this is from the IGN feed, then it's just the writer injecting what he think's the case with the game.

It's real. and if it isn't i'll suck my own dick.

actually that's kind of gross. but my point is that it's real

Easy_D

never left the stone age
EmCeeGramr said:
It's on the Nintendo press site right now under 3DS products.

Miyamoto and Aonuma said that the 3DS version would make the Water Temple easier.
Not the Water Temple itself, they said switching from regular to iron boots would be simpler.
They're remaking the inventory screen obviously :p.

Dreamwriter said:

So, you agree. Since those last two things say that they're developing it.

Nintendo has screenshots of the game listed above Kid Icarus, a retail product, alongside every other retail product, without any word of "demo."

The moment I can pre-order this, I will. I will pay for it in full, I will even go to a midnight launch. Once the launch line up is revealed I will likely pre-order a number of titles. Metal Gear Solid 3d? Zelda Ocarina of Time remake? Star Fox 64 remake? A new Ridge Racer? A new Professor Layton? Super Street Fighter 4? Sold, sold, sold, sold, sold and sold.

I have well and truly quaffed the handheld koolaid this generation, and I'm ready for more.

Dreamwriter said:

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6265821/zelda-skyward-sword-unsheathed-at-nintendo-round-table
[6:37] Nintendo of America has now apparently confirmed a full-fledged remake of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, so those demos opening up the show are a taste of a real game.

[6:53] He asks how many people have played Ocarina of Time. ALL the hands go up.

[6:54] He apologizes for the long time it took to change out of iron boots going through the Water Temple.

[6:54] He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.

I know, I know

Those guys were only in the room so what the hell do they know

But between that AND THE ACTUAL NOA ANNOUNCEMENT, it seems like it kinda maybe indicates it's real

BUT WHO KNOWS MAYBE EVERYONE IS LYING

loosus

Banned
Did something happen to make people think Zelda might not be real today? I mean, I saw the fucking screenshots on Nintendo's site...:lol

EmCeeGramr said:
So, you agree. Since those last two things say that they're developing it.

Nintendo has screenshots of the game listed above Kid Icarus, a retail product, alongside every other retail product, without any word of "demo."
Eh? Miyamoto specifically said its just a tech demo, he wanted to see what people thought. Then he said they were not really developing it, but if they did it wouldn't be just a port (that second paragraph is kinda weird). Then Aunoma said that the touch interface would make the game's water temple easier/less frustrating, due to being able to quickly switch boots.

Btw, this is from Kotaku, who was in the same room, and goes into more detail than heat was quoted above.

Salsa

loosus said:
Did something happen to make people think Zelda might not be real today? I mean, I saw the fucking screenshots on Nintendo's site...:lol

some thought that it was just a tech demo.

Dreamwriter said:
Eh? Miyamoto specifically said its just a tech demo, he wanted to see what people thought. Then he said they were not really developing it, but they did it wouldn't be just a port (that second paragraph is kinda weird). Then Aunoma said that the touch interface would make the game's water temple easier/less frustrating, due to being able to quickly switch boots.
What do you keep referring to

Is it this

[6:11] He mentions an R Wing that was shown briefly during this morning's presentation as part of the Starfox N64 announcement.

[6:12] He said as soon as he started work on the 3DS, he wanted to make a Starfox game, since the 3D screen offers depth perception for maneuvering.

[6:12] He said he wants to bring back many old games, but with enough new features to make them feel like a new experience.

[6:13] He said 2D visuals make it difficult to accurately gauge spatial relationship on the screen.

[6:15] He said "we have a lot of ideas" about bringing back old games and creating new games.

Dreamwriter said:
Eh? Miyamoto specifically said its just a tech demo, he wanted to see what people thought. Then he said they were not really developing it, but they did it wouldn't be just a port (that second paragraph is kinda weird). Then Aunoma said that the touch interface would make the game's water temple easier/less frustrating, due to being able to quickly switch boots.
He said it was a real game.

Every single journalist who was at the event is saying that it's a real game, Nintendo is saying it's a real game, Miyamoto and Aonuma said it's a real game.

ScrubJay

Ever since the announcement I've been grinning like an idiot all day. The software lineup they announced is probably the most stacked I've ever seen. There's no way they all come out at the same time but having this kind of support tells me this things lineup will be legendary. This is kind of a personal peak in my gaming wants - Gamecube level graphics on a portable console from a company with the best track record in the handheld business. This thing is going to be epic.

EmCeeGramr said:

Every single journalist who was at the event is saying that it's a real game, Nintendo is saying it's a real game, Miyamoto and Aonuma said it's a real game.
Yeah

But what if they didn't?

Instro

loosus said:
Yes, Wave Race would be great on this, but...

(A) Based on the Nintendo 64 version, not the entirely horrific GameCube version.

(B) Made by the original developers, not NST, not Retro, not Paon, not Eighting, not Suzak, and not anybody else who could put their grubby hands on it.

(C) With fucking racers as characters, not the shitty Mii characters.

I am sure the water would look good.

Oh fuck you buddy. Blue Storm was better in every way.

ShockingAlberto said:
What do you keep referring to

Is it this
I quoted what I keep referring to. It was from Kotaku's live blog as it happened. If this is a real game guaranteed to come out, how come Nintendo never mentioned it in their press conference or any press releases, when they were going on and on about all the great gamesmthat were in development? How come they didn't have it as a demo the media could play?

Altazor

EmCeeGramr said:

and the fact that, uh, nintendo of america's twitter anounced the game... and that nintendo's e3 website also lists the game for the 3DS...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
EmCeeGramr said:

then it must be a tech demo

Here is what Kotaku says

http://kotaku.com/5564636/nintendo-searching-back-catalogue-for-3ds-reboots

He also says that both the Ocarina demo and Star Fox 64 3D, another concept shown off today, aren't just concept pieces specifically designed for E3. Both are being "actively developed", and while this doesn't guarantee they'll ever be released to retail, it does mean Nintendo is looking seriously at what improvements could be made to the classics to make a re-release worthwhile.

Zelda director Eiji Aonuma uses the example of Ocarina of Time's Water Temple. A notoriously difficult stage on the Nintendo 64, he says that a 3DS version could be made more enjoyable by making it easier, as touch-screen capabilities would make things like swapping boots and items a lot less of a hassle.

Here is what NOA says

http://twitter.com/nintendoamerica

Zelda fans, one more thing... We're proud to introduce The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D! #NintE3ndo #E3

Here is what IGN says

6:15 Update: Nintendo confirms! It's not just a tech demo, friends, as the Big N has given official word that this is the real deal.

So Kotaku says maybe. Everyone else, INCLUDING NINTENDO, says yes.

Guys, I'll be honest. Kotaku used a lot more words, so I am pretty sure they're right.

Boney

Banned
Dreamwriter said:
Eh? Miyamoto specifically said its just a tech demo, he wanted to see what people thought. Then he said they were not really developing it, but if they did it wouldn't be just a port (that second paragraph is kinda weird). Then Aunoma said that the touch interface would make the game's water temple easier/less frustrating, due to being able to quickly switch boots.

Btw, this is from Kotaku, who was in the same room, and goes into more detail than heat was quoted above.
That's your problem.

Dreamwriter said:
I quoted what I keep referring to. It was from Kotaku's live blog as it happened. If this is a real game guaranteed to come out, how come Nintendo never mentioned it in their press conference or any press releases, when they were going on and on about all the great gamesmthat were in development? How come they didn't have it as a demo the media could play?
how come they didn't announce mario kart 3DS, pilotwings 3ds, animal crossing 3ds, and paper mario 3ds at the press conference

because nintendo are fucking weird

Boney

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
how come they didn't announce mario kart 3DS, pilotwings 3ds, animal crossing 3ds, and paper mario 3ds at the press conference

because nintendo are fucking weird
It really is.. they justed needed to say: "Oh hey guys, we're also working on mario kart 3DS, pilotwings 3ds, animal crossing 3ds, and paper mario 3ds and a legendary surprise."

They probably didn't want all of us to have a heart attack.

Gravijah

Boney said:
It really is.. they justed needed to say: "Oh hey guys, we're also working on mario kart 3DS, pilotwings 3ds, animal crossing 3ds, and paper mario 3ds and a legendary surprise."

They probably didn't want all of us to have a heart attack.

...ANIMAL CROSSING 3DS ANNOUNCED? WAIT, ARE YOU JUST BEING SARCASTIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom