• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Vans making some Sneakers

Joqu

These are pretty sweet.

I've never worn Vans sneakers though. Do they run narrow? Do they expand? I've got wide feet and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go with an online purchase to get my hands on a pair.

georly

Huh. Mall near me has a vans store. I'll stop by today and see if they know what the deal is, as far as retail goes. I've never owned vans before, so I'm not sure what my size is for them, either, so maybe i'll get fitted. I'm usually an 11 for most brands, but sometimes a 10 or 12.

Penguin

Might as well copy the rest of the presser

Seems like will be available online and in-stores, and also seems like only the beginning

The Vans x Nintendo Classic footwear assortment kicks off with four variations of the Authentic silhouette. Travel to the Mushroom Kingdom for the first colorway, the Super Mario Bros. Tie-Dye, which showcases an all-over character print of Mario alongside several “power-ups” and the villainous Goomba over an 8-bit tie-dye pattern. A second color-up features the original damsel in distress, Princess Peach, awaiting rescue from her brave hero. Duck Hunt comes to life atop a digi-camo backdrop featuring the hunting dog and flying duck, and the final execution of the Authentic is an ode to Donkey Kong and incorporates imagery from its first level to present the title character in a unique floral arrangement. Vans’ iconic lace-free silhouette, the Classic Slip-On, appears in the sneaker lineup with graphics and quotes from The Legend of Zelda. A Sidestriped trio of the Sk8-Hi, Old Skool and Sk8-Hi Slim for women pay homage to the NES with prints and colors inspired by the console. Lace-up styles are trimmed with special details, including Nintendo game logos on the tongue label and NES controller lace caplets. For the greatest feature, kick up your heels to reveal Vans iconic waffle sole printed with ‘Game Over!’

To present a throwback-styled, head-to-toe look, the Vans x Nintendo collaboration extends into apparel and accessory items for men and women. Co-branded tees, backpacks, bags, socks and hats are offered in prints that tie back to the Classic footwear.

Vans invites the newest generation to join in on the fun with sneaker styles sized down to youth and toddler fits. Tiny tykes can get their hands on patterns designed just for kids with characters from Mario Kart and Super Mario across the Sk8-Hi Zip, Classic Slip-on and Authentic.

The Vans x Nintendo collection is available to all gamers around the world with the collection available this Friday in the US and at international retailers throughout the month. Travel through a warp zone and visit vans.com/Nintendo to shop or find a store near you.

Any sneakerheads here have experience with vans releases online? like on a scale of crocs to yeezys how likely are they to sell out in <1 min?

georly

Will this be available or only the ones on this page? http://www.vans.com/article_detail/nintendo.html

nintendo-vans-sneakers-04_o6lvxg.jpg

npa189

Huh. Mall near me has a vans store. I'll stop by today and see if they know what the deal is, as far as retail goes. I've never owned vans before, so I'm not sure what my size is for them, either, so maybe i'll get fitted. I'm usually an 11 for most brands, but sometimes a 10 or 12.

"true to size" is the official line but I would say a little wide. I always get a half size down. Used to work there for a few years selling and stocking shoes. Never thought I would get another pair, let alone at full price but the DK authentics are pretty rad. Go try a normal pair on before you get these.

Bazry

So these are out in 2 days and we have no idea what price they are nor which ones are available at launch

Sounds very Nintendo

Stalk

I need new shoes desperately, I've had mine so long they don't make them anymore nor can I find any...

The Zelda slip ons aren't awful but I prefer the more basic red stripe ones.

MashKing

Any one have any experience with vans and new balance. I wear a size 14 new balance and. Wondering if I should get the same size for these.

ZeroX03

Banned
These are pretty sweet.

I've never worn Vans sneakers though. Do they run narrow? Do they expand? I've got wide feet and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to go with an online purchase to get my hands on a pair.

They run wider than most, you should be good.

This.. friday... why couldnt it be next week when i get paid? still getting the NES ones but i could have sworn someone said there would be more shoes.

Glix

Yeah Splatoon is a weird omission. Nintendo should just create legit merchandise and release them under the various Splatoon brands.

This is dope though:

nintendo-vans-sneakers-04_o6lvxg.jpg

They have some shirts and stuff branded like that at the Nintendo World NY store.

georly

Vans store in the mall said they have them already and will put them out Friday but couldn't tell me what they're getting or how much. Just show up at open on friday and pray.

Also made it sound like they're only getting the vans on the nintendo page: http://www.vans.com/article_detail/nintendo.html but we'll see what they actually get.

She did say no Zelda styles for women, though :( Only mario, i think.

Gameboy415

Anyone know the size range on these?

I really like some of these designs but I wear a size 15 in Vans and always had to special-order them in the past so I'm probably out of luck. :S

AdanVC

Vans store in the mall said they have them already and will put them out Friday but couldn't tell me what they're getting or how much. Just show up at open on friday and pray.

Also made it sound like they're only getting the vans on the nintendo page: http://www.vans.com/article_detail/nintendo.html but we'll see what they actually get.

She did say no Zelda styles for women, though :( Only mario, i think.

Thanks for the info! Ughh just hoping this doesn't become a nightmare to get like amiibo because I really want to buy a pair or two :(

Oh man might have to go in on these even though I never rep video game swag. Just an FYI the regular editions of these shoes are about $50-$70, so expect all of these to be $60+ for the slip ons and $70+ for the high tops

early90spants

Neo Member
I work for an online shoe retailer and these were made available to us from Vans, so these will be available for purchase online. (Not sure if this has been established already)

kubus

Ordered :D

Hopefully they'll be here before Sunday but not counting on it. Also got a 10% discount by signing up for the newsletter back when this collection was announced. It said the code would expire after 3 weeks or something but it was still working. Might be worth a shot if anyone else wants to order them online.

prateeko

Wait when did these start to go on sale???

Whoops. Should've specified that I was asking about USA. Didn't see the € in the screenshot

Top Bottom