• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces the New 3DS XL for North America to be released February 13

ChrisD

Wal-Mart had five of them in the case yesterday. Didn't try to purchase one, but the stock is definitely there. If you don't want to buy from GameStop/didn't pre-order, that's a viable option.

Fox Mulder

There were Nintendo vendors at my target this morning and they let me try this out. They said that target would have two or three MM LE's to sell.

Pretty neat messing with the screen.

Wal-Mart had five of them in the case yesterday. Didn't try to purchase one, but the stock is definitely there. If you don't want to buy from GameStop/didn't pre-order, that's a viable option.
I talked to Best Buy and they are getting 5. So I think BB/Target/Walmart are getting 5 per regular SKU and GS is getting the most.

I haven't, but I paid for next-day shipping, so I would think they would be able to ship tomorrow and it still gets to me on Friday. If after tomorrow, there is no movement, then I think you start worrying.

I went with next-day shipping as well so hopefully I'll get it Friday.

The weirdest thing about this whole thing is that I think I'm more excited about MH4 than the actual new hardware.

kaskade

I might try and grab one friday. Wasn't planning on it really but I guess we'll see. They better have a fucking adapter to buy though.

DMiz

I'm really thinking about getting one for the purpose of speeding up load times for MH4, but if I don't find one in store on Friday, I'm willing to forego it.

It looks so nice, but I'm just not sure if I can justify the purchase since the bonuses aren't so extraneous that they feel necessary.

Just tried this thing out at Best Buy. The face tracking seems to work pretty well, but it seemed like the 3D would flicker quickly trying to keep focus on the eyes. I didn't like that... and also didn't like that the "black" is actually pretty much grey.

Is Xenoblade the only game that is needed for this console that's been announced so far? I think I'm actually going to wait to see if the smaller one comes this way and if there is a killer game that I have to have that I can only play on the n3DS. I am sad to even be saying this!

MadmanUK

pUl4h1hl.jpg

Well impressed with the Skull Kid.

FLAguy954

Don't buy it. Send a message to NoA.

I'm voting with my wallet because of the AC adapter bullshit. I demoed the New 3DS XL at my local Game Stop and was impressed but I'll wait for NoA to get their shit together and include all necessary accessories. My little brother isn't as strong as I am though.

Risible

I'm voting with my wallet because of the AC adapter bullshit. I demoed the New 3DS XL at my local Game Stop and was impressed but I'll wait for NoA to get their shit together and include all necessary accessories. My little brother isn't as strong as I am though.

I suspect you'll be waiting a long, long time. Now that they've crossed that line you won't see them bundled together for a long time if ever.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Seems I can't order from Best Buy for in store pick up. I'll have to wander in Friday and hope they have some in stock.

EDIT: Can you get the charging cradle in NA?

komorebi

Not gonna happen, fellow FL bro. You'll be waiting for no reason.

melman101

I tend to think the AC Adapter is gone for good.

Mel

Worthless wait given how the n3ds didn't include it in other territories that were depraved of one with the 3ds xl

Derpyduck

Banned
The packaging is really the reason why. Although I still don't agree with not at least including a coupon for a free adapter.

There's plenty of room in the packaging for a USB charging cable. There's also no reason why they couldn't have just removed the proprietary connection on the new 3DS when they redesigned it. Sony showed that the world won't revolt if you do that.

dukie85

There's plenty of room in the packaging for a USB charging cable. There's also no reason why they couldn't have just removed the proprietary connection on the new 3DS when they redesigned it. Sony showed that the world won't revolt if you do that.

Sony *also* showed what happens when you use proprietary memory cards.

Damn. I paid $22.99 US for mine.

You need to buy a charger locally but the charging stand should work just fine.

Ive never bought anything from overseas before..with play-asia how long does it take approximately for something to arrive from them to let's say..California..Also, is this charging cradle compatible with a US 3DS XL I know silly question but just want to be sure..they charge 6 bucks for shipping but that is understandable considering where its coming from

So if I order this one off Play Asia it will work? What about the plugin?

EDIT:
This one is for the LL
http://www.play-asia.com/new-3ds-ll-charger-stand-black-paOS-13-49-en-70-86cz.html

Damn. I paid $22.99 US for mine.

You need to buy a charger locally but the charging stand should work just fine.

Yeah, $22.99 for mine as well. But P-A will work out to the same with shipping. Or potentially more expensive with an expedited shipping option.

Ive never bought anything from overseas before..with play-asia how long does it take approximately for something to arrive from them to let's say..California..Also, is this charging cradle compatible with a US 3DS XL I know silly question but just want to be sure..they charge 6 bucks for shipping but that is understandable considering where its coming from

Standard shipping from P-A is unregistered AirMail. So you're looking at at least two weeks before you receive it.

And that cradle is only compatible with the NEW 3ds XL. Not the older model.

I agree on both counts. I mostly meant the normal charger wouldn't fit in the packages.

AdanVC

Yep.
Cover Plate No. 12 is really nice.
Here is an image of a felt cover:
20141215_1847481.jpg

There are even glow-in-the-dark...
3e4bd596-s.jpg

Makes the fact that NA is never getting it that much worse.

HNNNNGH This is the coolest thing! I'm so pissed we're not getting this in America I HATE YOU Nintendo of America!!

Edit: Ok I just took a cup of coffee and I'm not pissed anymore. I don't hate you NoA, I just hate the people who took the decision to not bring N3DS to America. :'(

Derpyduck

Banned
Sony *also* showed what happens when you use proprietary memory cards.

Yep, and they addressed that too by building memory into the Vita 2000 as well as including a memory card with every Vita bundle in the US. Nintendo is doing the reverse of that. It just illustrates that Nintendo knows their device isn't going to be attractive to new customers anyway. They probably learned that with the DSi.

Yeah, $22.99 for mine as well. But P-A will work out to the same with shipping. Or potentially more expensive with an expedited shipping option.

Standard shipping from P-A is unregistered AirMail. So you're looking at at least two weeks before you receive it.

That's fine..and they are a reliable site? Never purchased from overseas before..and this charging cradle can work for a US 3DS XL..

That's fine..and they are a reliable site? Never purchased from overseas before..and this charging cradle can work for a US 3DS XL..
Play-Asia is very reliable, I imported OTO! 1 and 2 from them.
All accessories are region free, so it will work on the new models, but not the old ones since the charge port is located in a different location.

Mob

Just tried this thing out at Best Buy. The face tracking seems to work pretty well, but it seemed like the 3D would flicker quickly trying to keep focus on the eyes. I didn't like that...

Turning off auto brightness eliminates that flicker, at least it has for me.

Play-Asia is very reliable, I imported OTO! 1 and 2 from them.
All accessories are region free, so it will work on the new models, but not the old ones since the charge port is located in a different location.

Thanks I appreciate you letting me know..will end up ordering from them(Unless I could find it cheaper somewhere else) since it looks really nice..it only comes in black or other colors too? Do they give tracking info or anything so I can at least track the package

R0ckman

Is NoA okay, doesn't anyone know, have any data? They seem to REALLY be conservative with EVERYTHING now. Pretty soon it will be required to preorder almost ANYTHING that comes from them. It's also strange when there is clearly a problem they don't directly address their customers and treat us like children. I hate when I feel like I have no voice when I give them my money, if I don't give it to them they draw the wrong conclusion. It's a lose, lose.

Thanks I appreciate you letting me know..will end up ordering from them(Unless I could find it cheaper somewhere else) since it looks really nice..it only comes in black or other colors too? Do they give tracking info or anything so I can at least track the package
I think the standard shipping does come with tracking.
Also new LL dock is only in black for some reason. Regular stand comes in white, blue, and pink. No black regular stand.
If it helps, I really like my white standard dock.

I wonder if it's the 2DS's fault we aren't getting the smaller N3DS in NA. I imagine retailers would ve hesitant to give shelf space to a fourth (fifth? I've seen original 3DS's in some stores still) version of essentially the same hardware.

Japan and Euroland didn't get the 2DS, did they?

Hope I can find one of these Friday...doubt it though.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I wonder if it's the 2DS's fault we aren't getting the smaller N3DS in NA. I imagine retailers would ve hesitant to give shelf space to a fourth (fifth? I've seen original 3DS's in some stores still) version of essentially the same hardware.

Not only did we get the 2ds in Europe, we got it with a much better selection of colors than the US. NoA is rather conservative, it seems.

Onaco

I still see DSi's on shelves.

Derpyduck

Banned

I don't think there's any question about it. Most stores I go to don't give the 3DS much space to begin with, but ever since the 2DS came out the original 3DS has been absent from stores.

Could be, the retailers in my area can't even get rid of the DSi, 3DS, 2DS, XL, and a many of the random XL LE systems.

Top Bottom