• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces the New 3DS XL for North America to be released February 13

How likely is it the GameStop will have extra MM Or MH4 N3DS XL's in stock on Friday? Do they usually have extra's of any limited editions? I preordered the red one just in case but I'd like the Mh4 model

How likely is it the GameStop will have extra MM Or MH4 N3DS XL's in stock on Friday? Do they usually have extra's of any limited editions? I preordered the red one just in case but I'd like the Mh4 model

I can tell you my GameStop isn't even getting extra normal models. It's preorder or get nothing there.

Chibot

Does anyone know if Target implements any kind of 1-per-customer thing on limited items? I know my location has 4-5 of the MM units and I'm hoping that no one can just buy them all if they happen to be there before me.

18-Volt

Wow, this must be the worst Nintendo handheld launch for me. I really want the New 3DS but I really don't want the XL. I'm tired of handhelds I can't fit in my pocket. Also, color options suck, I don't understand what NoA have against white and other colors.

I am going to buy a Red new XL, aren't I.

Maximus.

It's a shame there aren't more videos yet of the red 3DS XL, I want to see that thing in more detail. I do have the MM 3DS XL preordered, but man that red is sexy...

co1onel

Fred Meyer always seems to have popular games/systems available in bulk at launch, since I guess most people don't think to buy video games there. I didn't pre-order one either, so I'm counting on being able to find one there.

Effect

Anyone have their gamestop orders charged or shipped out yet?

I think they either charged or put a hold on my credit card for my order as I see when I check my balance. Nothing on the site though saying it shipped or was even charged.

Tabris

Why is NOA so anti-white coloured consoles/handhelds right now?

Can't get any XL handheld or 32GB in white.

EDIT - Doesn't the iPhone sell better in white vs black or gold in North America? It's not a regional trend thing.

sörine

Banned
Planning to stop by the Nintendo World Store Friday afternoon for a black unit, they essentially never run out of stock. I'll download MM3D and MH4U midnight before and just transfer.

Fred Meyer always seems to have popular games/systems available in bulk at launch, since I guess most people don't think to buy video games there. I didn't pre-order one either, so I'm counting on being able to find one there.

I would suggest this as well. I even considered just dropping by in the morning to get one but I have my preorder in

Jzero

Yes.

Looks like I'd better post this here as well:

Thanks, this is very well made. I was wondering if i could re-use my current micro SD and this answered it.

One more question though: Do i remove the micro SD card (and leave the slot empty) that comes with the New 3DS before transfering?

Thanks, this is very well made. I was wondering if i could re-use my current micro SD and this answered it.

One more question though: Do i remove the micro SD card (and leave the slot empty) that comes with the New 3DS before transfering?
If you got a bigger micro SD card then remove it from the n3dsxl and put the new on in before transferring.

Jzero

If you got a bigger micro SD card then remove it from the n3dsxl and put the new on in before transferring.

Awesome thanks, i have a 32GB card in there at the moment. I just don't want my SD card contents to be deleted while transfering.

Wubbys

I am on board with this console but I am confused a bit by it. Are there going to be games that can only run on new3ds? If so what are some of the games? I am really excited for the new fire emblem if that is only new 3ds then I am sold.

I am on board with this console but I am confused a bit by it. Are there going to be games that can only run on new3ds? If so what are some of the games? I am really excited for the new fire emblem if that is only new 3ds then I am sold.

So far, only Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. But you can bet that more first party N3DS only games are coming.

The same thing was proposed for the DSi(if I'm remembering right) but we never saw a huge amount of exclusive content for it at the end.

I'm kind of unsure if we can expect a lot of exclusives for n3DS but it feels like we may see more ambitious efforts since we're getting Xenoblade and not a gimmicky game.

The same thing was proposed for the DSi(if I'm remembering right) but we never saw a huge amount of exclusive content for it at the end.

I'm kind of unsure if we can expect a lot of exclusives for n3DS but it feels like we may see more ambitious efforts since we're getting Xenoblade and not a gimmicky game.

the whole of the eShop was exclusive to DSi

Is this really true? It didn't say anything about this on the website when I ordered, so I'm hopeful, but skeptical. I'd love to have it for the three day weekend.

Yes it say's it at the bottom of the product page.

Street Date Guarantee:
Pre-order this title by 11am CST one business day before the release date posted, choose USA Overnight as your shipping option and get guaranteed delivery on the street date posted! If your product does not arrive on the street date, we will fully refund your shipping charge. Continental United States only. Must have overnight service available in your area. Offer void if you are unable to accept a delivery that was attempted. Not responsible for orders delayed due to inclement weather, incorrect address or credit card information. Any other shipping option besides One Day will arrive 2 to 7 business days after the street date.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-edition/119888

Wow, this must be the worst Nintendo handheld launch for me. I really want the New 3DS but I really don't want the XL. I'm tired of handhelds I can't fit in my pocket. Also, color options suck, I don't understand what NoA have against white and other colors.

I am going to buy a Red new XL, aren't I.
Don't buy it. Send a message to NoA.

R0ckman

So I was going to check walmart at midnight for the new zelda 3ds, as well as target in the morning, which one would be more likely to have it? I don't usually deal with walmart because the incompetency level of the employees is usually quite high. Was there some kind of a new policy added to wlamart? It seems everytime I ask about a new release that is not out on the shelves the employees just seem reluctant to go to the damn back and check. When I worked at Target during college we almost had to check in the back for goods, at walmart they are like "Derp, if it's not out here it must not be here yet/ it might be in the back but I'm not getting it for you."

shiyrley

Banned
I'm extremely, EXTREMELY angry right now. Since I am a junior member and I can't create new topics, allow me to explain myself in this topic, although I am european and I am talking about the small New 3DS.

I preordered a New 3DS at GAME. I had to pay 20€ for the preorder. They are offering an upgrade plan. Essentially, I take my 3DS XL there, and I get a small New 3DS for 50€. Thing is, you can preorder the New 3DS, but the upgrade plan is limited to the first 2000 New 3DS units sold for all Spain's GAME stores.

Okay, so I live in Spain, but not where you think, I live in the Canary Islands. Look at this:
J5tKVjd.jpg

As you may imagine, things take a bit longer to reach here when compared to the rest of Spain. Okay, now with that out of the way, let's move on to the next point.

In spain, stores NEVER pay attention to the actual release dates. Almost every store is already selling the New 3DS and Majora's Mask 3D. I think this is bad but that's no the point.

The point is, the consoles have not reached the Canary Islands yet.

And they are selling them.

And the upgrade offer is limited to 2000 units across the whole country

We may run out of upgrade offer units before we are even ABLE to actually buy the damn thing.

They don't even have the COMMON SENSE to say "okay, so we are selling this thing ahead launch, the Canary Islands do not have the console yet, hey, let's save some offer units for them!" no no no. I asked the actual stores and they say that GAME won't do it and they can't do anything about it. The employees are fine of course, the problem is GAME itself. I keep asking them about this via twitter, me and many other Canary Islands users and they keep ignoring us. They simply don't answer us. But of course they do RT to any "I HAEV MY NEW 3DS!11!!!!!!111! THX GAEM!!1!!" kind of tweet.

I'm not asking to get the thing ahead of release date, I'm asking about having a chance to use the upgrade offer I was promised.

I don't really know what I expect GAF to tell me. I just want to say all this stuff I guess. GAME is crap.

tl;dr: GAME sells the New 3DS ahead of launch time and offers a limited upgrade offer, console did not reach my Spain zone yet, we may not get a chance to get the offer before it runs out

shiyrley

Banned
Sucks they are delivering it on foot and it's going to take another 151 hours to arrive. Quite an amazing feat, walking over the ocean like that, btw.

They should really respect the official launch date in Spain
Okay I laughed. But I just wanted to show the distance :(

18-Volt

Don't buy it. Send a message to NoA.

Sorry, I'm not that strong. I HAVE TO play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with C-stick and try that awesome jet skins in Ace Combat as soon as possible.

I'm still protesting though. I have already complained to them about subject.

Ibuki

Banned
The manager at my GameStop said that they'd probably have a few of the handhelds for those that didn't pre-order.

Corporate cut off preorders because they wouldn't be getting more than enough to fill the current ones. Unless he is talking about later in the month it's a possibility. Not on launch though.

Sorry, I'm not that strong. I HAVE TO play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with C-stick and try that awesome jet skins in Ace Combat as soon as possible.

I'm still protesting though. I have already complained to them about subject.
I am buying a PAL version as my protest.
It is funny that people who have both say new regular > XL every time.

Jarnet87

I will be doing the trade in at gamestop. Anxious to see how long a transfer will take (which they said they can do in store.) All I have on my old 3DS XL is Zelda ALBW. Don't really care for the saves just want the game.

@ Pancakes, I bought the third party adapter they sell and they said it was fine to trade in. Just to have it opened like I had been using it when I trade the system in.

My local GameStop said they were requiring the ac adapter for trade ins on old 3dsxl. Pretty lame.
Yeah, we have known about that for awhile. I am going to see if Gamestop will let me trade in my OG 3DS if I have the order number. If not, then someone on NeoGAF may like it for $75 bucks.
The policy does say the charger can be third-party though, so you can trade a cheap one and keep the good one.

TheGrue

Has anyone gotten a shipment confirmation from GameStop. I'm kinda jonesin' over here.

I haven't, but I paid for next-day shipping, so I would think they would be able to ship tomorrow and it still gets to me on Friday. If after tomorrow, there is no movement, then I think you start worrying.

FaintDeftone

Best Buy is still taking online and in-store preorders.

I went ahead and preordered one on Best Buy's website. It includes free expedited shipping right now, plus I had a $5 reward coupon.

I did plan on just walking in and grabbing one Friday afternoon but since everyone seems to be shut down on preorders and rumors of no extras, I went ahead and secured one through BB. I'd rather have it a couple of days late instead of waiting forever for Nintendo to restock.

Top Bottom