• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

neo2046

Japan's Nintendo Channel has both Zangeki no REGINLEIV and Last Window preview video
who can capture them ? :D

AceBandage said:
And completely random things, like localizing Span Smasher and Glory of Hercules.

Weren't the complains for Hercules the battle speed? I saw somewhere that the increased the speed for the Western release.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I like how straightforward the text is in the trailer: "SLAY HUGE ENEMIES"

It's like "Yeah, I'm gonna cut those giant mofos into pieces, because I can!"

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Looks cool. Too bad its gonna sell like 10 copies in Japan and not have a prayer of coming to the U.S

schuelma

gerg said:
And we base this on...

As far as what I'm basing this not coming to the U.S, I think that track record speaks for itself.

As far as sales, I also think that speaks for itself.

farnham

Banned
schuelma said:
As far as what I'm basing this not coming to the U.S, I think that track record speaks for itself.

As far as sales, I also think that speaks for itself.
well at least its probably comming to europe :D :D

Dascu

schuelma said:
Looks cool. Too bad its gonna sell like 10 copies in Japan and not have a prayer of coming to the U.S
I'm getting tired of your Nintendo trolling, schuelma. Why don't you just go back to your media create sales threads and drool over PS3's sales.

schuelma

Dascu said:
I'm getting tired of your Nintendo trolling, schuelma. Why don't you just go back to your media create sales threads and drool over PS3's sales.

Sorry guys, but I'm done making sarcastic two line remarks. There are plenty of others who can contribute.

gerg

schuelma said:

That track record speaks of not localising games that NoA thinks would perform badly. Why would this necessarily be the case with this game? Do we know how well previous Sandlot games have sold?

I don't understand why people think that NoA ignores games "just because". Their reasoning may often be wrong, but there's still method to their madness.

schuelma

gerg said:
That track record speaks of not localising games that NoA thinks would perform badly. Why would this necessarily be the case with this game? Do we know how well previous Sandlot games have sold?

I don't understand why people think that NoA ignores games "just because". Their reasoning may often be wrong, but there's still method to their madness.

Ok, I will grant you that the gameplay of Reginliev makes it slightly more likely to appear in the U.S than other titles such as Captain Rainbow. However, the fact that it didn't show up in any form at E3 tells me the odds are very low.

jay

gerg said:
And we base this on...

A mod should just change your tag to "we don't know yet, Nintendo may surprise us," so you don't have to have this conversation in every thread.

Dascu said:
Given how badly recent non-huge IPs sold on the Wii lately even when Nintendo published them (Sin and Punishment II, Takt of Magic and others) he does have a point though.

schuelma

magicalsoundshower said:
Given how badly recent non-huge IPs sold on the Wii lately even when Nintendo published them (Sin and Punishment II, Takt of Magic and others) he does have a point though.

Yeah Dascu!

gerg

schuelma said:
Ok, I will grant you that the gameplay of Reginliev makes it slightly more likely to appear in the U.S than other titles such as Captain Rainbow. However, the fact that it didn't show up in any form at E3 tells me the odds are very low.

This thread is from early December. It is being released in February in Japan. I think expecting it to have been showcased at E3 is a bit much.

jay said:
A mod should just change your tag to "we don't know yet, Nintendo may surprise us," so you don't have to have this conversation in every thread.

Perhaps.

But I don't want my comments to be misunderstood as the result of some feeble "anything can happen" belief, either.

schuelma

gerg said:
This thread is from early December. It is being released in February in Japan. I think expecting it to have been showcased at E3 is a bit much.

Nintendo had 2 relatively obscure Japanese games at E3 which don't even have Japanese release dates.

Game looks awesome, minus a very little thing : the MS paint blueline that shows where you slashed. Like the pointer in HOtD, I hope it can be disabled.

gerg

schuelma said:
Nintendo had 2 relatively obscure Japanese games at E3 which don't even have Japanese release dates.

I can presume you are referring to Monado, here, yes?

That game was announced at E3. If that game had been announced beforehand, I would not have expected its appearance.

I can't remember the other game you reference. Span Smasher, perhaps? Again, that game was announced at E3 - of course it's going to make an appearance.

schuelma

gerg said:
I can presume you are referring to Monado, here, yes?

That game was announced at E3. If that game had been announced beforehand, I would not have expected its appearance.

I can't remember the other game you reference. Span Smasher, perhaps? Again, that game was announced at E3 - of course it's going to make an appearance.

Yes, Span Smasher, which initially showed up on the same press roll as Reginleiv in October 2008. And Monado wasn't really announced..it just appeared with the Nintendo press materials.

samratty

gerg said:
Span Smashers was announced in October 2008, just like Reginleiv was. Also Line Attack Heroes is coming to US/EU, which was also at E3 and from the October 2008 conferance.

schuelma

magicalsoundshower said:
Crap, I've been found out. Time to go troll somewhere else, I guess.

You're not supposed to admit our collusion!

Time for a new trolling partner. Resumes will be accepted by PM only.

duckroll

Reginleiv isn't going to sell 10 copies, don't be retarded.... it'll sell at least 25. :lol

OH SHIT LOOK I'M A TROLL TOO!

schuelma

CreatureX3 said:
Sin & Punishment 2 sold like five copies in Japan, and it is coming to the U.S.

Sin and Punishment 2 was announced for the U.S 1 day after being announced in Japan.

gerg

schuelma said:
Yes, Span Smasher, which initially showed up on the same press roll as Reginleiv in October 2008.

samratty said:
Span Smashers was announced in October 2008, just like Reginleiv was. Also Line Attack Heroes is coming to US/EU, which was also at E3 and from the October 2008 conferance.

My mistake.

Nevertheless, I don't see the significance of whether or not a game appears at E3. Is it not the case that these games may have been in a more presentable state, and that's why they had demos of the game?

schuelma

gerg said:
Nevertheless, I don't see the significance of whether or not a game appears at E3. Is it not the case that these games may have been in a more presentable state, and that's why they had demos of the game?

That doesn't make sense to me.

Monado didn't have a demo.

And I doubt Span Smasher was in more of a presentable state than Reginleiv given we actually have a release date for Reginleiv.

gerg

schuelma said:
Monado didn't have a demo.

I wasn't referring to Monado. As I said before, I don't think you can use games that were announced or first mentioned at E3 as fodder against Reinleiv's lack of an appearance there.

And I doubt Span Smasher was in more of a presentable state than Reginleiv given we actually have a release date for Reginleiv.

Perhaps.

It might also be the case that NoA thinks of Span Smasher (and Line Attack Heroes) as bigger and/or more important titles than Reginleiv, but will still release all of them.

schuelma said:

Can you try to be a little less apparent schuelma? We don't even have numbers yet and you've been super eager to spin Reginleiv's doom while praise PS3's demand every chance you get. It comes off as kinda annoying and smug.

lololol

I can't see the vid (school blocks YT) but is the gameplay like Earth Defense Force?

Also I think this will come over.

schuelma

gerg said:
It might also be the case that NoA thinks of Span Smasher (and Line Attack Heroes) as bigger and/or more important titles than Reginleiv, but will still release all of them.

Yes, anything is possible. I just think it is really really unlikely- we heard about Reginleiv 14 months ago in Japan, we have a final Japanese release date, and we have never heard one word about the possibility of it coming out in other regions. How many other times has a game in that situation made it to the U.S?

gerg

schuelma said:
Yes, anything is possible. I just think it is really really unlikely- we heard about Reginleiv 14 months ago in Japan, we have a final Japanese release date, and we have never heard one word about the possibility of it coming out in other regions. How many other times has a game in that situation made it to the U.S?

Glory of Heracles?

I don't know, because I don't pay much attention to these things.

Awesome, I loved the hell out of Hotel Dusk except for the part at the end where I got stuck and couldn't do anything about it. Hopefully it makes its way overseas soon.

botticus

Effect said:
Thanks.

I so hope this gets brought over to North America but not going to get my hopes up. Nintendo of American can just as easily put it's stupid hat back on.
Did they take it off at some point?

Top Bottom