• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Zangeki no REGINLEIV (Wii), Last Window [Hotel Dusk 2] (DS)

Amalthea

Banned
I hope that REGINLEIV will be called "Headslasher of REGINLEIV" and feature cheesy 80's-metal à la Lords of Thunder. Mixed with the EDF-gameplay this would make it the best game ever! :lol

Luigiv

Pennywise83 said:
What does Zangeki no REGINLEIV means?
REGINLIEV of beheading hammer... Maybe. The two Kanji in Zangeki both have multiple meanings so I'm not 100% sure but I like beheading hammer :D.

Pennywise83 said:
What does Zangeki no REGINLEIV means?

Well, I think "Zangeki" translates as something like "slash", and Reginleif was the name of a valkyrie in Norse poetry, so it may be something like "Slash of Reginleiv", or "Reginleiv's Slash", but with perhaps a more subtle meaning than my slightly brute-force Google translation for "Zangeki"!

Luigiv

You guy's are forgetting to switch the object and subject. It's Reginliev of Zangeki (whatever that actually translates too) not Zangeki of Reginliev.

Amalthea

Banned
Luigiv said:
You guy's are forgetting to switch the object and subject. It's Reginliev of Zangeki (whatever that actually translates too) not Zangeki of Reginliev.

Then it could mean Reginleiv the Headslasher wich is even more awesome! :D

Luigiv said:

Ah, of course (Zelda no Densetsu etc...)

Makes it sound even stranger though if the meaning of "Zangeki" is something like cut or slash...

MechaX

grandjedi6 said:
Oh god, more games for NoA to never release :'(

Given how well Hotel Dusk did overseas, it would be a blunder on Namco levels if they passed that up.

... NoA certainly isn't as bad as Namco... Right?

... Right?

Luigiv

Cosmonaut X said:
Ah, of course (Zelda no Densetsu etc...)

Makes it sound even stranger though if the meaning of "Zangeki" is something like cut or slash...
Well I searched up the Kanji and apparently Zan means either kill, murder or beheading and Geki means either attack, conquer, beat, defeat or hammer. So I'm not sure (Throwing them in Google translater just got Zan Hammer).

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Yay for new Sandlot game! Almost forgot about it. How long have they been working on this anyway? Seems like it was announced a long time ago.
Online co-op on the Wii at that!? I hope it means they're doing online co-op in future EDF games as well.
Will be interesting to see exactly how the game works though, I imagined a fantasy-styled EDF, but not sure how well that would work with melee weapons (but maybe they could throw in some magic as well). :)

And Hotel Dusk sequel? No thanks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MechaX said:
Given how well Hotel Dusk did overseas, it would be a blunder on Namco levels if they passed that up.

... NoA certainly isn't as bad as Namco... Right?

... Right?

Hotel Dusk, Japanese sales: 212k.
Hotel Dusk, US sales: 150k.

Ruh roh.

GhaleonQ

Stumpokapow said:

Ruh roh.

Well, OBVIOUSLY, they held Another Code back so that a dual release can maximize the attention paid to both properties!

...*cries*

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Stumpokapow said:

Ruh roh.
1z3z9cx.gif

Effect

..pakbeka.. said:
and neither of them will ever come to the americas

This is what I fear. Nintendo of America has made some dumb decisions in terms of what games to bring over and what games not to. Really at this point why even have them. Might be better to let Nintendo of Japan handle everything. Don't see how things could be worse.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Effect said:
This is what I fear. Nintendo of America has made some dumb decisions in terms of what games to bring over and what games not to. Really at this point why even have them. Might be better to let Nintendo of Japan handle everything. Don't see how things could be worse.
::looks at sales in Japan::

::looks at sales in America::

From Nintendo's perspective, the better question is: Why have NoJ? :lol

Effect

NintendosBooger said:
Considering the production value of Hotel Dusk, I think any number above 5000 would have yielded enormous profit.

That is something people really have to keep in mind. We sometimes forget that I think. Not every game takes millions of dollars to make. Most really don't in the end I think.

TunaLover

ShockingAlberto said:
Wasn't he the one pushing Rockstar to make a GTA for Wii and the two eventually compromised on Chinatown Wars

Yes, but they fall under Rockstar brand, the EDF game is a Nintendo M rated game, mmmh like FF4... doesn´t have a chance.

TunaLover said:
Yes, but they fall under Rockstar brand, the EDF game is a Nintendo M rated game, mmmh like FF4... doesn´t have a chance.

As the story goes, the issue with Fatal Frame 4 was that the two parties - Nintendo and Tecmo - had some kind of disagreement over the issue of bug-fixing or other work Nintendo wanted done on the game before they would release it in the West. It wasn't anything to do with rating or content.

TunaLover

Cosmonaut X said:
As the story goes, the issue with Fatal Frame 4 was that the two parties - Nintendo and Tecmo - had some kind of disagreement over the issue of bug-fixing or other work Nintendo wanted done on the game before they would release it in the West. It wasn't anything to do with rating or content.

Or maybe Nintendo doesn´t feel the need to worry about on a non multi million seller. I have FF4, and the so called bugs, were just 1 (a game breaking bug, triggered by an specific action), I doubt change a couple code lines could mean a deal breaker between stablished, and serious companies. Even I think the M rating lead to cold interest on NOA part, being there´s not M Nintendo published games on Wii.

TunaLover

Ranger X said:
The sequel to Another Code on Wii... Is there a date announced for America??

Nope, don´t get your hopes high. Some Nintendo games released on Europe eventually never makes its way to America.

Vexidus

WOW! Sequel to Hotel Dusk on the DS is really huge news for me! The first game is one of my favourite games ever, I've played through it three times and it never gets old. I love to curl up with it and just soak up all the dialogue and atmosphere. Can't fucking wait for the sequel!

Ranger X

TunaLover said:
Nope, don´t get your hopes high. Some Nintendo games released on Europe eventually never makes its way to America.

It's released in Europe? Do you know any good webstores I can import from?
(wait, I need to know if the game supports 480p though)

So glad Dynamic Slash is still in development.
It had better get a damn NA release, though.

Edit: Now, where's my Cosmic Walker info, Nintendo.

TunaLover said:
I doubt Reggie wants bring a M game, Nintendo published to America. Even more to Wii.

Yea, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. People need to stop pushing this Nintendo is kiddy crap. They're not going to keep a game from being published because it's rated M. This isn't the early freakin 90s

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zoramon089 said:
Yea, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care. People need to stop pushing this Nintendo is kiddy crap. They're not going to keep a game from being published because it's rated M. This isn't the early freakin 90s

List of M-rated Nintendo games, ever:
Perfect Dark
Eternal Darkness
Geist

... and Conker if you count that as Nintendo.

I mean, I'm not saying they WON'T publish an M-rated game, but they certainly don't focus on them.

TunaLover said:
Or maybe Nintendo doesn´t feel the need to worry about on a non multi million seller. I have FF4, and the so called bugs, were just 1 (a game breaking bug, triggered by an specific action), I doubt change a couple code lines could mean a deal breaker between stablished, and serious companies. Even I think the M rating lead to cold interest on NOA part, being there´s not M Nintendo published games on Wii.

As far as I recall, there was a fairly major game breaker and a number of other bugs with menu options, collision etc. (IIRC, duckroll listed some of them here when the game first released). The rumour was that Nintendo wanted those fixed, and changes made to other undefined aspects of the game and neither they nor Tecmo could resolve the issue. As Tecmo can't shuffle it off to another publisher and as Nintendo won't release as is, the game is in limbo.

Stumpokapow said:
List of M-rated Nintendo games, ever:
Perfect Dark
Eternal Darkness
Geist

... and Conker if you count that as Nintendo.

I mean, I'm not saying they WON'T publish an M-rated game, but they certainly don't focus on them.

And all I'm saying is that it's foolish to believe NOA won't publish it because it's rated M

Effect

Cosmonaut X said:
As far as I recall, there was a fairly major game breaker and a number of other bugs with menu options, collision etc. (IIRC, duckroll listed some of them here when the game first released). The rumour was that Nintendo wanted those fixed, and changes made to other undefined aspects of the game and neither they nor Tecmo could resolve the issue. As Tecmo can't shuffle it off to another publisher and as Nintendo won't release as is, the game is in limbo.

If that is the case why wouldn't Tecmo fix these issues? That's the only thing I can think of if the situation wasn't resolved. Tecmo simply didn't want to fix the issues. Which makes no sense.

If they are like this is with this game how are they going to act when it comes to Metroid Other M. Nintendo is gong to be even more critical of their work since they are working on one of their Flagship franchises.

Top Bottom