• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Channel is live.

Polari

Amir0x said:
Earthbound will be a divine effort of ultra gifting proportions.

Sent to die on May 19, I bet. You're going to have to do a lot of gifting in order to make a difference.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
STUPID Channel!

Let me recommend NO MORE HEROES!!

Arrgh, i hate now. You're nothing but a spyware-installing marketing tool to increase sales of catalogue Nintendo games! poohie.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Dragona Akehi said:
So I see this thread and then decide to download. Then I realise I have no blocks.

Fuck that shit, I won't bother getting this channel till there's a storage solution. I'm not about to delete my VC games which I happen to actually PLAY.

Not that I want to offend those of you in this thread whose names Jesus spake, but those of us who want a storage solution would prefer it if you did take the time to clear just enough space for this channel, and then allow your stats (which includes remaining block count) to be sent to Nintendo. It certainly can't hurt our cause.

VegaShinra

Finally, you can view videos for nearly every VC title available with this channel. Should have had this feature on the Wii Shop Channel at launch.

beelzebozo said:
damn, we ski looks fun as hell.

I am still curious if I should buy it or not. On EGM Live, it sounded like tons of fun, but there is already snowboarding and skiing that come with wiifit anyway.

oh, and Microsoft and Sony need to do something similar. Sony already does have something similar with download titles, but not games in stores. I am talking about just a way to get facts about a game and a short video.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Tenbatsu said:
The Ghost Squad commercial is out of this world.....
Nothing says "buy me" like watching androgynous stage hands from the 80s playing the game.

I have to say, at first I was ticked because of all the opt-ins and stuff, but I have to say, I am impressed by the presentation and stuff on the channel.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Metaphoreus said:
Not that I want to offend those of you in this thread whose names Jesus spake, but those of us who want a storage solution would prefer it if you did take the time to clear just enough space for this channel, and then allow your stats (which includes remaining block count) to be sent to Nintendo. It certainly can't hurt our cause.

Yeah yeah yeah I know. I deleted the Mario Kart Channel and the useless Everybody Votes Channel and Mario64 JUST so I could help with your cause. :p

PS: CrossworDS demo is fucking rad

Banned
Dont you all know you should use the power of MAGIC to store these videos, channels and games?

Magic002.gif

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
Yeah yeah yeah I know. I deleted the Mario Kart Channel and the useless Everybody Votes Channel and Mario64 JUST so I could help with your cause. :p
Hey, with MKW, there's no need for MK64, right? The lack of the voting channel might be a problem, though... how will you ever know if most folks think that elephants can purr?

The Crosswords game is amazingly fun... much better interface than the NYT one.

DavidDayton said:
Hey, with MKW, there's no need for MK64, right? The lack of the voting channel might be a problem, though... how will you ever know if most folks think that elephants can purr?

MK64 is an abomination that I'd never buy anyway. I'll never understand why I downloaded the voting channel though...

The Crosswords game is amazingly fun... much better interface than the NYT one.

I never bought the NYT one as I presumed it would be amero-centric. Is this the case for Nintendo's offering? It didn't appear to be in the demo, asides from some american spelling...

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dragona Akehi said:
MK64 is an abomination that I'd never buy anyway. I'll never understand why I downloaded the voting channel though...
Oh, wait... I misread earlier... you deleted the MKWii channel thingy. Gotcha. I'm still curious what's filling up your system memory: a variety of smaller VC games, or a few of the N64/TurboCD games?

I never bought the NYT one as I presumed it would be amero-centric. Is this the case for Nintendo's offering? It didn't appear to be in the demo, asides from some american spelling...
I don't have the real game at the moment; I was just going by my impressions of the demo. The Nintendo Crosswords interface is much, much better than the NYT one... the puzzles (demo, at least) seem easier as well.

DavidDayton said:
Oh, wait... I misread earlier... you deleted the MKWii channel thingy. Gotcha. I'm still curious what's filling up your system memory: a variety of smaller VC games, or a few of the N64/TurboCD games?

Mainly Turbo games. Best system ever.

I don't have the real game at the moment; I was just going by my impressions of the demo. The Nintendo Crosswords interface is much, much better than the NYT one... the puzzles (demo, at least) seem easier as well.

Hrm... well if you get it, let me know. I don't like the sound of it being "easier" than NYT... I beat the "hard" puzzle in the demo in under ten minutes...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
JavyOO7 said:
HDD storage solution is needed.

But where the fuck is my online multiplayer for VC games Nintendo? FUUUUUCCCK :mad:
Never, ever going to happen.

Wii Ware versions will have it though.

Defcon7

A Link to the Snitch said:
My prediction for EB's release:

"Four new RPG titles released in the Wii Shop Channel! EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, and Halo 3!"

Now, I know you probably meant VI... but I'm a jerk who just felt like pointing it out.

I'm gonna probably go pick up an SD card for my Wii instead of constantly having to remove and re-download stuff for the Wii Channel, although for now I think I'm fine with that.

Defcon7 said:
Now, I know you probably meant VI... but I'm a jerk who just felt like pointing it out.

I'm gonna probably go pick up an SD card for my Wii instead of constantly having to remove and re-download stuff for the Wii Channel, although for now I think I'm fine with that.

I'm gonna be a jerk and point out you're wrong.

batbeg

JavyOO7 said:
HDD storage solution is needed.

But where the fuck is my online multiplayer for VC games Nintendo? FUUUUUCCCK :mad:

I don't know why people would ever expect this. Sony doesn't do it, why would Nintendo?

Delio

I really would like a HDD but if it doesn't come then i'll work around it. It's just a hassle thats all espically with devolpers annoucing so many Wiiware titles lately.

Ril

Defcon7 said:

No, I'm pretty sure he meant VII. He's saying that he's convinced that Earthbound being released on VC is about as likely as the most famous Playstation and Xbox 360 games being relased. IE, NOT VERY LIKELY.

Protip ; )

Ranger X

This channel is pretty cool. People still didn't make much recommendations in my region though. When i search with the recommendations only i can't get any results. :lol

Also, Wiifit looks interesting o_O

please forgive me

Delio

layzie1989 said:
So does the channel take you to the internet channel if you say you want to purchase the game? If so that's kinda cool.

Yeah take's you to the internet Channel and looks for sites selling the game. You can set in your prefered ordering site and it will go there first.

Why dont you copy all your games to a SD card? (yes it takes ages but you only have to do it once)

Copying the games back to the wii is faster. You don't have to deal with the slow wii shop channel and you don't have to rely on your internet connection.

Stencil

Ril said:
No, I'm pretty sure he meant VII. He's saying that he's convinced that Earthbound being released on VC is about as likely as the most famous Playstation and Xbox 360 games being relased. IE, NOT VERY LIKELY.

Protip ; )

Don't naysay. In the new issue of NP it's the readers number 1 pick for game most wanted on the VC, and it's been re-esrb rated. Though I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to NOT release it. Oh what an abusive relationship.

santouras

batbeg said:
I don't know why people would ever expect this. Sony doesn't do it, why would Nintendo?
I expect it because every pc emu for the past 10 years has allowed you to play online. There's no reason why Nintendo couldn't add this into their emulators

Ril said:

Protip ; )

Actually, I was saying they'd release it alongside the VC releases of CT, FFVII, and Halo 3, JUST to say "well EB didn't sell very well, so we're destroying any and all assets related to the series in all regions until all traces of its existence are wiped from the face of the Earth".

That's NoA for you.

batbeg

santouras said:
I expect it because every pc emu for the past 10 years has allowed you to play online. There's no reason why Nintendo couldn't add this into their emulators

Sony are clearly ahead in online content, and they don't provide this, but I've only ever heard bitching from the Nintendo side of things.

This just isn't going to officially happen.

tetrisgrammaton said:
i really thought the combat wasn't that precise. and i seemed to jump a lot when i wasn't trying too. maybe i suck though. i'll give it another shot

Yeah it's a gorgeous game but the controls left a lot to be desired... I ended up just throwing stars at the enemies most of the time.

Tim-E

I was having fun with Ninja Guiden DS...but this room will not fucking end. I'm already kind of sick of it. :lol

Now time to try Disney Friends. :lol

Top Bottom