• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.9.13 - Sep. 13, 3AM EDT

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can't announce them because of anti-price fixing stuff.

They're the same content that US is right? probably €=$

Are they? Someone mentioned a ZombieU bundle which I havent seen in the US stream.

Coolwhip

Banned
gaijin4koma_peersblog_1200684654.jpg

JoeInky

So, which bundles were mentioned for EU? What do they contain?

Going by memory they have the basic and premium packs which are the same as japan basic and premium except the EU premium includes nintendo land as well.

The zombi u bundle includes zombi u, the console, game pad and a pro controller.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Going by memory they have the basic and premium packs which are the same as japan basic and premium except the EU premium includes nintendo land as well.

The zombi u bundle includes zombi u, the console, game pad and a pro controller.

Ah thanks.

cajunator

Banned
I think Nintendo have a pretty good launch setup here considering how sparse information was. It should be successful. Now publishers really dont have an excuse not to support the console, so we will see if this changes much with third party relations. Im still not very hopeful there though.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
For the absence of OS info, it could be explained by the fact third-parties just received it so it's not ready to be demonstrated in a conference like this.

Also a little assessment of the info of my sources confirmed or not by these conferences:

Confirmed

- 1 GB for games
- 1 GB for OS so 2GB total
- Multiple SKU
- Nintendoland packed-in
- A bundle with a pro-controller (it was planned since a moment now)

Changed
- For the launch date, it's weird because it was expected to be a few days before the 18th until recently (those sources were correct for 95% of the stuff relayed), someday if developers will be able to talk they will confirm this. Maybe Nintendo choose to advance the european launch in november then push further the US one (a matter of units produced). It's very likely considering la Fnac here listed the Wii U launch for early december too, and they are so big there were surely warned by Nintendo of that date.
Edit: new info, apparently, NOA is late for several things, including for receiving games submissions, compare to NOE folks who are ready (and usually it's the contrary), hence this little shift for the expected launch date.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So it's 5/6 (6/6 if those schedules news are confirmed later), with special kudos for all the "OS" ram story revealed first in February, and a lot of people didn't believe me at that time :p

They will surely talk about the online, the OS, etc, in a few weeks when it will be settled and fully fledged.

All in all, good conferences, but please Nintendo, next time, think about the gamers who follow your news and don't do them at the same hour ><

jerd

Damn I didn't get to watch the conference and haven't been able to find a replay yet but by the looks of it, it annihilated my expectations. Didn't expect any legit game announcements really at all besides BLOPS2.

Monster Hunter and that Dynasty Warrior looking game will sell tons of Japanese units.

North America (and Europe?) will go crazy over NSMB:U and BLOPS2.

Bayonetta 2 exclusive is amazing too!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Did EA really showed no games at the conference other than maybe ME3? That's kinda surprising, although i wonder if that's better or worse than the Activision games that apparently all look like shit except COD.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I heard that he said that Monolith is still working on their Wii U project. Just an update if I'm not mistaken. Same thing with Super Smash Bros. like he also mentioned.

I understand not showing a video, but would showing a little piece of artwork really hurt? It could get people a lot more hype than "We're working on something!".

Top Bottom