• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct focused on ARMS + Splatoon 2 trailer (over)

Are folks looking forward to Arms? It just doesn't look that interesting to me.

Yeah, and those people elaborate extensively as to why they're excited each time this is brought up. Versus the sea of "people are excited for this?" posts that can apparently explain their opinions further than "fighting game" or "all you do is side to side lol."

It's going to be good. Not sure how anyone is getting dud from what's been shown so far at all.

marmoka

Banned
Midnight in my location. It used to be at 23:00/11:00pm in other Directs.

Well, another night where I sleep less than 7 hours... And if I do it, is because I want to...

Edit: congrats Detective GAF

J@hranimo

Banned
Dear DetectiveGAF,

You was right

Alright Nintendooooo announce that Arms Demo. It's time! Sell me and others on the fence on the game!

Effect

Are folks looking forward to Arms? It just doesn't look that interesting to me.

I will say this. It's being done by the Mario Kart team. I think at the very least ARMS should get the benefit of the doubt even if one isn't super interested in it.

That said I'm super interested and can't wait for this direct!

I'm hoping for a beta or demo to be available soon after the Direct.

I also hope this means that ARMS won't showcase in the E3 Spotlight and can give more time to other unnaunced projects.

Another one? What else can they talk about?

There's still a lot we don't know about ARMS. Don't know the total amount of characters, what major single-player modes there are, not sure we know about the control options aside from the joycons... This will probably be a massive blowout like the Mario Kart 8 direct back when that game was coming out.

Also presumably they want to clear the air a bit so ARMS and Splatoon 2 don't use up too much time at E3, in favour of new announcements.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Good.

This should mean in theory ARMs and Splat should basically already have their story told pre E3.

Frees up space for other shit during their E3 presentation.

jmizzal

Sweet, Nintendo's main presentation will have very little of ARMS and Splatoon 2, get those out two out the way more time for Metroid ;)

Yukinari

They really gotta show off the amount of modes and online features in this one. Im getting concerned that the game is gonna be SF5 tier with little to no content.

Baleoce

rx2l4sf.png

ggx2ac

Makes sense, they wouldn't want to have an ARMS focused direct during E3 a couple of days before the game releases.

Plus, with the ARMS event happening at E3. It helps to let people know more about the game now than later.

I will say this. It's being done by the Mario Kart team. I think at the very least ARMS should get the benefit of the doubt even if one isn't super interested in it.

That said I'm super interested and can't wait for this direct!

I'm definitely open to them changing my mind. I'd love more games to play on my Switch!

Steiner

Banned
Press release:

A new Nintendo Direct presentation arrives on Wednesday, May 17, providing a deep dive into the upcoming ARMS game for Nintendo Switch. As a bonus, a new trailer for Splatoon 2 will also premiere at the tail end of the video, so make sure you stick around for everything! Watch the Nintendo Direct presentation live by visiting http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct on May 17 at 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET.

Looking forward to this! I'm literally on the fence about this game, but more to falling over on the buying side.

Plus, new Splatoon 2 trailer as well! :D

Hell yeah! I just pre-ordered the game last night, but its nice to know we have more information coming. Sell me on this game pre-release Nintendo. A demo would also be neat.

sleepnaught

Game doesn't look too hot to me, but there's not much for me to look forward to on the Switch this year so I'll give it a chance.

Top Bottom