• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct focused on ARMS + Splatoon 2 trailer (over)

Geg

Japanese Nintendo twitter says the new Splatoon 2 trailer is about two minutes long. That's a nice length if it's going to be about the story mode

Plum

Yes! Hoping for a demo announcement but, if not, I'm fine with just more info about the game. Should see some info about singleplayer, they haven't talked about anything of the sort so far and it can't just be that training mode.

Zedark

I kinda like that we are getting info for those two known games right now, since it means there's more time at E3 to dedicate to new announcements and to new information for games we know very little about (Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Mario Odyssey, FE Switch?). This Direct makes me more excited for the E3 Direct too.

Some Nobody

Feels like Pokémon Stars might not be a thing or they would've found space to hype it by now?

Anyway, an ARMS direct isn't a bad idea. Game is due out soon, right?

I knew they needed to do an ARMS focused direct. I really hope there's some substantial single player content, otherwise I probably won't be buying this.

And the fact that they don't say "focus" or anything should tell everyone quite clearly that this will be only ARMS with a Splatoon 2 trailer.

J@hranimo

Banned
rx2l4sf.png

Loyalty, got royalty inside my DNA!

I knew they needed to do an ARMS focused direct. I really hope there's some substantial single player content, otherwise I probably won't be buying this.

And the fact that they don't say "focus" or anything should tell everyone quite clearly that this will be only ARMS with a Splatoon 2 trailer.

I'm sure everyone will all of a sudden read this one and understand what it says lol.

Soul Lab

They heard me!!

From the ARMS twitter thread yesterday:

Soul Lab said:
ARMS launches in a month. Now they should start to push it more imo.
Where's the direct? I need it.
E3 is a bit late for the big info dump

JoeFu

Banned
Woo a new Splatoon 2 trailer!
Yay more arms info. Guess they are gonna show the remaining characters?

How long until we get a deluge of people thinking we'll see a surprise announcement at this Direct?

- Nintendo announces a direct with a "focus" on one or two games
-- Gaf - "Wow, they're only showing those two games what a piece of shit"

- Nintendo announces a Direct for one specific game
-- Gaf - "Holy shit, bets on a surprise XYZ game announcement?!"

Feels like Pokémon Stars might not be a thing or they would've found space to hype it by now?

A lot of past precedents have been broken by the Switch so far so I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo managed to talk TPCI into letting the announcement be part of their E3 presentation.

Penguin

Imagine we'll get a handful of new characters

And some form of "Testfire" like with Splatoon. If nothing else they had to have seen how well that helped the game

ggx2ac

I'm expecting an online testfire rather than a demo. If you give people too much time with a demo of a fighting game where they are most likely to only fight AI, they might lose interest quickly.

Zedark

How long until we get a deluge of people thinking we'll see a surprise announcement at this Direct?

- Nintendo announces a direct with a "focus" on one or two games
-- Gaf - "Wow, they're only showing those two games what a piece of shit"

- Nintendo announces a Direct for one specific game
-- Gaf - "Holy shit, bets on a surprise XYZ game announcement?!"
Here's my predictions.

ZELDA BOTW DLC
METROID
RETROS GAME
NEW PUNCH OUT
F-ZERO

Or gtfo
lol