• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct focused on ARMS + Splatoon 2 trailer (over)

DKL

I pray everyone isn't unlocked from the get-go. I hate that.

Not sure how they would resolve this for a tournament setting, but I assume it'll be a non-issue at some point since I think everyone is just gonna lug their shit with them when they go to a tournament or something lol

So yeah, I guess I'd be okay with doing a bunch of random shit to unlock things in this game even though I normally just want all the tools available right away.

Not sure how they would resolve this for a tournament setting, but I assume it'll be a non-issue at some point since I think everyone is just gonna lug their shit with them when they go to a tournament or something lol

So yeah, I guess I'd be okay with doing a bunch of random shit to unlock things in this game even though I normally just want all the tools available right away.

For tournaments they could do like Pokken and make an unlock everything passcode

It's not. At the very least you're going to have to collect coins/buy lootboxes (not microtransactions) in order to unlock the 30 different types of gloves. I doubt they'll have every fighter unlocked at the start, I'm willing to bet we'll get the 5 revealed in January then we have to unlock the rest.

That's dumb.

:O

How the hell I didn't think of that!

DLC:

- Bayonetta
- Dhalsim

a2438bd4a25613d14c1de90b5a954f9705c32789_hq.gif

1828078-spring_man.jpg

Neoxon

I pray everyone isn't unlocked from the get-go. I hate that.
Unlockable characters in fighting games is an archaic method of providing progress that screws over competitive & casual play alike. There are better ways to do unlocks, like alternate colors or costumes.

DKL

For tournaments they could do like Pokken and make an unlock everything passcode

This would be cool, but I assume it won't be completely necessary since everyone will probably have their personal Switches on them whenever they travel to something.

I mean, it's smaller than an arcade stick :v

Really beginning to feel how convenient this console is for this kind of setting.

Like, you could play pools on undocked consoles to save on setup time or whatever.

Unlockable characters in fighting games is an archaic method of providing progress that screws over competitive & casual play alike. There are better ways to do unlocks, like alternate colors or costumes.

Emblems
Taunts
Match Win Poses
Theme Music

etc. Agreed.

TheSun

Huh, new characters look cool.

The dark skinned-pardon, "tanned japanese", is the standout here.

Wonder when the next batch of fighters will be revealed.

DKL

Like, you could play pools on undocked consoles to save on setup time or whatever.

Actually, I'm not sure about this statement since I don't think the actual console has USB on it, so you can't wire yourself up without a dock...

(wireless in tournament is just no)

But I'm not completely sure since I'm too lazy to check my console :v

Regiruler

They're so boring.

Lets do Joy Mech Fight 2. You start Spring Man Only

Well at least they are letting us know in advance so I don't have to watch and be incredibly confused as to why people are interested in ARMS at all.

DKL

Well at least they are letting us know in advance so I don't have to watch and be incredibly confused as to why people are interested in ARMS at all.

I'm interested in the movement tech. Splatoon was pretty glorious in this area.

Also, me and my friends are too lazy to setup Gundam >_>

Care to explain why?

It's tedious to unlocking fighting game characters. It's nothing more than artificial progression cuz your eventually gonna need to have full access to every fighter to learn from them. It's better to unlock emblems, gloves, colors, etc.

DKL

It's tedious to unlocking fighting game characters. It's nothing more than artificial progression cuz your eventually gonna need to have full access to every fighter to learn from them. It's better to unlock emblems, gloves, colors, etc.

Gimme

unlockable costumes

might be dumb question but can you play this game with controller or is it only motion joy cons?

Even though Nintendo has forced the motion controls in the tournaments held so far, I'm to understand there will be pro controller compatibility...

Besides, there's no way I can play this shit for like 10 hours straight using motion controls for attack inputs >_>

It got leaked? That's funny.

Not reading the leak since the Direct is gonna start soon. I mean I already predict three character reveal, so nothing is really spoiled for me

Whaaaaaaat do you mean Switch Force wouldn't jeopardize a press relation with Nintendo just before E3.
It was leaked by Switch Force?

They get free stuff from Nintendo. Why did they leak this?

Probably doesn't matter much honestly, it's not really that big of a deal

Edit: nevermind. I thought all Direct info leaked. Yeah it's no big deal

Kouriozan

It got leaked? That's funny.

Not reading the leak since the Direct is gonna start soon. I mean I already predict three character reveal, so nothing is really spoiled for me

Nah, it's just a gameplay video about those characters, the Direct presentation didn't leak.

It was leaked by Switch Force?

They get free stuff from Nintendo. Why did they leak this?

Probably doesn't matter much honestly, it's not really that big of a deal

They're a good group of guys. I watch their videos all the time. This was a mistake. They probably read the embargo time wrong.

They're a good group of guys. I watch their videos all the time. This was a mistake. They probably read the embargo time wrong.

Nah, it's just a gameplay video about those characters, the Direct presentation didn't leak.
Oh. It's no big deal then.

I thought they leaked everything. I didn't look at the thread because I wanted to just wait for the Direct myself. They'll be fine, honest mistake it seems

you are aware that the gloves do, umm, stuff?

IMHO this mindset is mostly present in competitive community. While I can see their argument, colors and such are not a valid replacement for me precisely for the reasons that I assume you are okay with them being unlockable. Maybe something else can be worked out, single player mission system perhaps.

Top Bottom