• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct focused on ARMS + Splatoon 2 trailer (over)

Hate that I was spoiled the new characters but oh well. Its a fighting game so I don't care as much but it was only 30 more minutes till the direct...

Robot and the new girl looks pretty cool. I hope the girl is a proper poc and Nintendo doesn't pull a dumb tanned Japanese stunt.

oti

Banned
It will be interesting to see if in 20 years the Splatoon characters and ARMS characters become household Nintendo names. Perhaps Mario doesn't connect with kids like he did in the 90's

Nah, there's something genius about Mario's design and I don't know what that is. When my cousin was 5 he was way into Spider-Man and Batman and yet when I asked him who the most powerful hero was he said Mario without hesitation.

He's also in love with Splatoon since he first saw an ad on TV. He just calls the inklings "Splatoons" though.

It will be interesting to see if in 20 years the Splatoon characters and ARMS characters become household Nintendo names. Perhaps Mario doesn't connect with kids like he did in the 90's

At the end of the, she's a girl, so it make sense that the Mario design isn't what she likes to play as. I mean, with Super Mario 3D World, she only ever played as Peach and Rosalina.

Mario has proven to be a transcendent character/franchise up to this point. He's been able to adapt to the times and remain popular every single generation.

mas8705

TWINTELLE THIRST IS REAL

Just waiting to see reactions for her look like this.

latest

Chatbox is such an enigma on this and Twitch. Always wondered why they couldn't make a better delayed chat implementation of that or something LOL.

Top Bottom