• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct NA on 9/4 at 3 PM PT for Bayonetta 2 for WiiU

Kouriozan

Do you think (Bayonetta 1 spoiler)
Father Rodin
will be one of his costume?

Edit : might be kinda hard without some changes, at least
the Santa one
will be there, I hope.

Nice. Can someone tell me the taunt input? I'm assuming it's down on the d-pad since ZL is Umbran Climax.

I think you are right.

I can't read Japanese but GoogleTranslate says the first line below is "Provocation", which must mean taunt.

bayo2_tauntgis22.png

Pikma

Banned
Will every copy in NA come with Bayo 1 included or is it just a "first print" thing? :eek:
The difference between what each of the regions is getting confuses me so horrible

Will every copy in NA come with Bayo 1 included or is it just a "first print" thing? :eek:
The difference between what each of the regions is getting confuses me so horrible

They say it's every copy, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's a first/second print sort of thing. Sales will ultimately determine how many prints it gets obviously, but if it hits like 5 I don't think they'll want to keep printing the first game as well

However, full disclosure, I'm talking out of my ass

Kouriozan

It's the first.
So in NA, single SKU with Bayonetta 1 included.
Japan : only a Special Edition with 1 included.
Europe : 3 SKU, one is Bayonetta 2 only, the other two will have Bayonetta 1.

Monocle

I think you are right.

I can't read Japanese but GoogleTranslate says the first line below is "Provocation", which must mean taunt.

bayo2_tauntgis22.png
Ah, thanks. I just watched some gameplay again, and I think Umbran Climax might be tied to L instead of ZL like I said before, which would free up ZL for the taunt. I don't know for sure. Anyway, the d-pad should be fine for taunting if that's what it's mapped to.

Adaren

I recall Taunt being on L3 (left-stick in) during previous demos (never played, but saw it during the load screens). They might have changed it to ensure you never accidentally hit it, though.

Mat-triX

Ah, thanks. I just watched some gameplay again, and I think Umbran Climax might be tied to L instead of ZL like I said before, which would free up ZL for the taunt. I don't know for sure. Anyway, the d-pad should be fine for taunting if that's what it's mapped to.

'L' is Umbran Climax. I remember hearing that the most recent build remapped the lock-on button from 'R' to 'ZL' (so now it's more like Zelda Targeting) with 'R' now being weapon switch.

Monocle

I recall Taunt being on L3 (left-stick in) during previous demos (never played, but saw it during the load screens). They might have changed it to ensure you never accidentally hit it, though.
I hope they did change that because it sounds really awkward. Not a huge deal, but taunt offset would be a lot harder with taunt mapped to the same stick you move with.

'L' is Umbran Climax. I remember hearing that the most recent build remapped the lock-on button from 'R' to 'ZL' (so now it's more like Zelda Targeting) with 'R' now being weapon switch.
Oh, that's weird. I hope the controls are customizable because right trigger for evading and left trigger for weapon switching are pretty well locked into my muscle memory at this point. I still play the original Bayonetta every so often.

Mat-triX

Oh, that's weird. I hope the controls are customizable because right trigger for evading and left trigger for weapon switching are pretty well locked into my muscle memory at this point. I still play the original Bayonetta every so often.

I understand because the original did it, it's werid to change it, but I think the ablitity to dodge with the right trigger, while locking-on with the left trigger is more important. There's not too many times you'll need to dodge and change weapons at the same time, right?

Monocle

I understand because the original did it, it's werid to change it, but I think the ablitity to dodge with the right trigger, while locking-on with the left trigger is more important. There's not too many times you'll need to dodge and change weapons at the same time, right?
Maybe this is a matter of personal preference, but dodging gives you a nice little window of safety to change weapons and start a fresh combo. This is useful in some situations, like when you're in the middle of a crowd of enemies. Hard lock-on actually isn't so important to use most of the time, I've found, except for command attacks like Stinger and High Time. The alternate inputs where you double tap directions are so awkward.

I like how the original Bayonetta's control scheme is very similar to Devil May Cry 3's. Hopefully Platinum keeps it that way or at least allows players to modify it. I actually have no idea what Bayonetta 1 offers for custom controls. The default settings work so well that I never thought to change them.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Platinum historically does not support custom controls.

The most you can hope for is that you'll like one of the A,B or C layouts they provide.

Chances are good though since iirc the layouts in the original Bayo shifted or flipped shoulder buttons

Personally though I have no problem with taunt being a stick push, Taunt offset is a neat gimmick but the game doesn't really lose much if it's gone, and it loses absolutely nothing if it's just harder to do.

Lernaean

Banned
The demon designs in this game are absolutely stunning, and they share design principles with the Geathjerk, which is awesome imo.

You really should link the video this is from.

You guys, the Power Suit has Morph Ball Bombs and the Screw Attack. And its charge shot functions differently from the ones Love Is Blue and the Arwings have(Power Suit's charge shot goes through enemies).

Now I'm kinda curious to see if the other costumes have exclusive abilities like this.
iwHVgRQGENjCa.jpg

INSIDIOUS demon designs by Shimizu Eiichi

http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~n_circus/

Remove the second image. Scans get you banned.

Top Bottom