• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct NA on 9/4 at 3 PM PT for Bayonetta 2 for WiiU

jimi_dini

Prediction time!

90% gamerankings average! 10 in EDGE and GamesTM. 9 from Gamekult.

Yes I'm hyped!

My prediction for Gamespot:

The Good
- Fluid, flexible, and fun combat system
- Witch time and witch walk add new dimensions to battle
- Fantastic, memorable boss fights
- Intuitive scoring system with online leaderboards
- Superbly animated
- online coop

The Bad
- is exclusive on Wii U
- Wii U gamepad adds little and hurts immersion

6/10

i-Jest

sloth-no.gif

Love that GIF.

My prediction for Gamespot:

The Good
- Fluid, flexible, and fun combat system
- Witch time and witch walk add new dimensions to battle
- Fantastic, memorable boss fights
- Intuitive scoring system with online leaderboards
- Superbly animated
- online coop

The Bad
- is exclusive on Wii U
- Wii U gamepad adds little and hurts immersion

6/10

Lol is gamespot this bad now?

jimi_dini

mrmickfran

The Japanese direct has a lot more gameplay than the NA one.

Remember those times where you had to protect Cereza, And it avoided being frustrating by having her heal immediately? The parts with Loki look to be just like that, except, it doesn't look like he heals ._.

Also, when clearing a verse, Bayonetta doesn't give a kiss of death anymore, he makes bullets into a fucking heart and shoots it down.

TreIII

Also Luka has clearly been hanging out with Uncle Dante, judging by his new style.

It just makes the notion that Luka is supposed to be "DMC1 Dante, if he had no super powers" that much more apparent.
If the silvery-colored eyes and Redgrave surname weren't enough indicators

Astral Dog

Jesus christ Luka's desgn absolutely shits on his previous design
Eh, i prefer his old design, in that render he looks fine, but in the game
that hat, the pants, haircut and thos
e glasses
dont fit him and he looks too ridiculous and exaggerated, its funny, but he looks more as a parody of himself,if that makes sense, and i hate those strings he has in his hat.

Also their ZombiU review (I feel dirty linking to it).

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-6400225/

Rayman Legends review also criticized the Wii U version because the Gamepad co-op stuff wasn't as fun if you didn't have someone to play with, i.e. co-op things aren't as fun by yourself. Imagine that.

Edit: Also I have to second the ZombiU support. The initial lukewarm critical response really undercut that game and the Gamespot review is a prime example, it's just so lazy. Reminds me of W101 critical reception.

Eh, i prefer his old design, in that render he looks fine, but in the game
that hat, the pants, haircut and thos
e glasses
dont fit him and he looks too ridiculous and exaggerated, its funny, but he looks more as a parody of himself,if that makes sense, and i hate those strings he has in his hat.

I agree. He had a stylish Dandy look in the first game, it was a great design. The new cowboy outfit makes him look like a clown. Shame, because I think all the other designs are huge improvements, especially Bayonetta and Jeanne. Their old hairstyles look atrocious after seeing the new ones.

Really liked the direct, just wish i could have watched it live. Anyway, I know it doesn't mean much, but it is nice that Bayonetta 2 has entered the top 50 on Amazon's video games best sellers.

That triple scythe is everything. I can't tell what the hell is going on during its combos, but it's awesome. I'm looking forward to exploring the move list myself.
It's hold ability fires the blades out in a spread pattern.
Yes, a history teacher if my memory serves right.
Yeah.
Jeanneschoolteacher.jpg

Remember those times where you had to protect Cereza, And it avoided being frustrating by having her heal immediately? The parts with Loki look to be just like that, except, it doesn't look like he heals ._.
He moves fairly quickly and can actually dodge. Plus he has a barrier that protects him from most attacks.
It just makes the notion that Luka is supposed to be "DMC1 Dante, if he had no super powers" that much more apparent.
If the silvery-colored eyes and Redgrave surname weren't enough indicators
Then who dis?
Bayonetta_Art_book_-_Enzo_%26_Dante_-_Poker.jpg

sfried

The extent of PEGI's Bayonetta 1 rating:

Ignoring that the online thing isn't actually true, games are not rated by "This game has X, so the sequel having X must involve the same ratings." Could be different people, different standards since 2009, etc.

The probable culprit? Bayonetta 1 used the word "Fuck," Bayonetta 2 might not.

I'm guessing Bayonetta 1's "Extreme" (i.e. "realistic") Violence comes from the part where
Bayonetta shoots Balder in the head...with a lipstick bullet. In any case you are shown him bleeding as the bullet lodges itself in his skull...as he tells you May Jubilleus grace you or somesuch.

Kouriozan

Yeah Wonderful 101 was crazier as you approach the ending and it didn't disappoint.
I have a strong feeling it'll be the same in Bayonetta 2, even more that Kamiya is confirmed to have written the story.

OryoN

Yeah Wonderful 101 was crazier as you approach the ending and it didn't disappoint.
I have a strong feeling it'll be the same in Bayonetta 2, even more that Kamiya is confirmed to have written the story.

I remember them saying that both teams(Bayo2 & TW101 teams) developed the games practically side by side up to a certain point, and they were always trying to top each other's content. I never thought we get a game with more insane over-the-top action than TW101 - this soon and on the same console! - but Platinum may pull it off again with Bayonetta 2!

Who's with me that the thread title should be changed to reflect the direct airing has passed?

Same goes for any similar thread, especially the Senran Kagura livestream thread, that doesn't even have a date in the title!

Monocle

I remember them saying that both teams(Bayo2 & TW101 teams) developed the games practically side by side up to a certain point, and they were always trying to top each other's content. I never thought we get a game with more insane over-the-top action than TW101 - this soon and on the same console! - but Platinum may pull it off again with Bayonetta 2!
That's awesome. Competing with TW101's insanity? Bayonetta 2 is going to blow people away.

i-Jest

So now that the DIRECT is over, are we going to start talking about gameplay mechanics? What's returning and what's not, for better or worse? Witch Time was a given. Any impressions on button execution when doing stronger techniques?

Rodin is gonna be playable online. His gameplay didn't interest me enough. My first impression from looking at his normals was "this dude maybe effective as a mid range kind of dude". I'd have to watch the Direct to get a better impression of how he'll play. I wonder if Father Rodin by proxy will be available? Not as a separate character but as a power up form. That would be interesting. Also, I hope Jeanne won't turn out to be some cheap pallet swap. I remember hearing they're gonna do something different with her in online play. Don't know how different she'll be in the final product.

Has anyone purchased a prima game guide recently? Will the Bayonetta 2: Prima Official Game Guide have any art or will it strictly be a walkthrough the game?

TreIII

Then who dis?
Bayonetta_Art_book_-_Enzo_%26_Dante_-_Poker.jpg

Well, obviously, "that guy" still exists in that world! :lol

But still, you can't ignore that there's more than several parallels between him and Luka, and I think that was intentional on Kamiya's part. Hell, Luka reminds me more of the classic Dante from DMC1/VJ-PS2 than any of the other DMC games that starred a Dante.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Bayo 1 was about 15 hours long.

Bayo 2 looks like it has a ton of content.

Wonder how long the SP is?

I'd bet that campaign can probably be cleared in 10-15 hours, just like its predecessor.

Ambitious

Well worth watching for the new combat and co-op footage. The trailer is mind blowing but kind of spoiler heavy. I turned away at parts because I don't want a good look at mid to late game locations before I play.

The Direct itself showcases all of the weapons revealed so far, a new playable character, new costumes, a few new enemies, and a vehicle-like sequence.

Thanks. Got no time for the Direct right now, but I've just watched the trailer.
This is the best thing ever.

I hope they'll offer a Wii U bundle for the holiday season.

TheMoon

Has anyone purchased a prima game guide recently? Will the Bayonetta 2: Prima Official Game Guide have any art or will it strictly be a walkthrough the game?

The amazon product listing doesn't mention anything. However, for Hyrule Warriors's PRIMA Guide, basically half of the thing will double as an artbook. (288 pages total, according to amazon, 70 pages of artwork)

http://www.primagames.com/games/hyrule-warriors/feature/guide-hyrule-warriors

So not sure if they did that to fill up the remaining pages because there's not much to write or if Bayo2's guide will also have artwork pages since that is 288 pages as well, according to amazon, again.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Prima copublished the hardcover MGR guide and there was a lot of artwork in there aswell

Not sure it'll live up to the standard set by the original though, which has become a collector's item

I'm buying two anyways

KooopaKid

Banned
No, sorry. A third person Metroid should not be a brawler.

Only talking about the general character movement, the camera, the platforming and the morph ball here. Of course Samus needs to shoot stuff. Pointer controls would be the best option I think. SMG2's Yoshi style.

TheMoon

Only talking about the general character movement, the camera, the platforming and the morph ball here. Of course Samus needs to shoot stuff. Pointer controls would be the best option I think. SMG2's Yoshi style.

Pointer controls means no camera control. Bad idea.

Otherwise you guys realize this is basically Other M, right? Ignoring all the narrative drama (please, don't start), that already showed how to do third person Metroid in 3D the right way purely on a mechanics level.

KooopaKid

Banned
Pointer controls means no camera control. Bad idea.

Yeah I thought of that too. Z to get the camera behind the character?
But anyway, Other M shooting solution was fine.

Otherwise you guys realize this is basically Other M, right? Ignoring all the narrative drama (please, don't start), that already showed how to do third person Metroid in 3D the right way purely on a mechanics level.

Yeah kinda, except for the on-rail camera and 8 directional movements.

Top Bottom