• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation announced for tomorrow

Razmos

The hyrule warriors announcements surprised me and made me happy, glad to see that there will be a lot more Hyrule Warriors for the foreseeable future :)

Free Medli for both versions especially! Glad to see the Wii U version still getting stuff.

Would be nice if the fans who bought the season pass in the Wii U version got a discount on the new season pass in the 3DS version, but I can't see that happening :(

javac

Wii U
UK: 22/04/2016
US: 4/22/2016
StarFox Zero & StarFox Guard
bqhlX7Mm.png
Dor7DEz8.png

Sr5bWYFA.png
582dA52m.png

6PcfmfB.jpg

CcqSIL_UUAApF57.jpg:orig

dT0oSlnK.png
-----
UK: 24/06/2016
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
-----
US: 6/24/2016
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
-----
UK: 2016
US: 2016
Paper Mario: Color Splash
-----
3DS
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
-----
UK: 15/07/2016
Disney Art Academy
-----
UK: 20/05/2016
Fire Emblem Fates
-----
UK: 10/06/2016
US: 6/10/2016
Kirby: Planet Robobot
-----
UK: Summer 2016
US: Late Spring 2016
Metroid Prime: Federation Force
-----
UK: Summer 2016
US: Summer 2016
Monster Hunter Generations
-----
UK: 2016
US: 2016
Rhythm Paradise Megamix

I've seen all the Nintendo Directs that were ever produced and I have to say that this was definitely the worst one ever. No exaggeration.

Metroid Prime: Federation Shitbuckets still looks like it's going to ruin my childhood, more patches for games that should've had the content they're adding in do one, no Zelda (no NX news at all!?) and a Paper Mario that shows Nintendo clearly doesn't get why I personally loved one of the games in the series once upon a time.

Seriously, where were all the game announcements in this direct!? Metroid Prime 3, a true Paper Mario 2 sequel, a new Legend of Zelda handheld that isn't about playing dress up, Splatoon 2. These are all things I've either seen people talking about on the Internet or seen in my dreams, so tell me why, exactly, Nintendon't didn't show off any of it.

I think I'm done with Nin(zero)do. I'm throwing my Wii U out the window and vow to never buy the NX (which looks like shit anyway) until they get their act together.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The lack of Style Savvy 3 and Disney Magical World 2 stings, but otherwise it's end to end games that I want to play but don't have enough time to.

So torn on Hyrule Warriors news but there doesn't seem to be a thread for it so I'm going here.

On one hand, all the new content on the 3DS version just seems like a slap to the face of the Wii U owners. I mean, I get it, but... I would have much rather them just make more DLC for the console version than do the new version on the weaker system.

On the other hand, Medli is going to be playable and I smiled so hard and nothing hurts. Nothing hurts.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen all the Nintendo Directs that were ever produced and I have to say that this was definitely the worst one ever. No exaggeration.

Metroid Prime: Federation Shitbuckets still looks like it's going to ruin my childhood, more patches for games that should've had the content they're adding in do one, no Zelda (no NX news at all!?) and a Paper Mario that shows Nintendo clearly doesn't get why I personally loved one of the games in the series once upon a time.

Seriously, where were all the game announcements in this direct!? Metroid Prime 3, a true Paper Mario 2 sequel, a new Legend of Zelda handheld that isn't about playing dress up, Splatoon 2. These are all things I've either seen people talking about on the Internet or seen in my dreams, so tell me why, exactly, Nintendon't didn't show off any of it.

I think I'm done with Nin(zero)do. I'm throwing my Wii U out the window and vow to never buy the NX (which looks like shit anyway) until they get their act together.
Well, I'm not sure why you'd be expecting those kind of announcements at this direct instead of at E3 where they'll probably be NX games.

Literally the most hype thing in this trailer was the reappearance of the Smash Bros. power in the new Kirby game. That power was SO broken in Amazing Mirror and it was like the best thing ever.

I love how the developer of Fed Force was trying to apologize for the whole mess and justify why, and then he's like "I wish I had more time to tell you why this game is as terrible as it looks. But trust me, it's going to be good, I promise!"

Please understand.

Ansatz

This Direct delivered.

Color Splash - amazing
Federation Force - started out as "let's make an online Metroid for handhelds" as I said
Mario Maker - gamechanger for traditional exploratory levels and boss fights

A whole lot of filler in the direct hopefully means that NX launch lineup will be robust

I don't see it happening or wouldn't expect it.

I think you'll get Zelda, maybe a new 3D Mario from EAD Tokyo and Pikmin 4.

That's pretty good actually from Nintendo for a launch but I wouldn't expect more.

Not

Banned

Hahaha this post has to be ironic. Either way, I'm laughing

Ninzerodo

Pandy

You almost got me.

Kansoku

+ Fast paced, lots of stuff
+ RHYTHM HEAVEN
+ MH GEN
+ new Kirby looks sick, especially the RPG hing.
+ Did I say Rhythm Heaven?
= Wtf why are they releasing Solitoba now?
= New Paper Mario looks like Sticker Star.
= Star Fox look better
= Cool Mario Maker stuff
- No Picross 3D 2 (now that i'm thinking about it, wasn't it confirmed for Europe or something? Did there was any US news about this? I don't remember =S)
- I never even played Style Savvy, but I feel you guys, so shout out to "No Style Savvy 3"
- Fed Force explanation
- Fed Force trailer
- Fed Force narration at the beginning of the trailer oh god WHY?!

syUmFgN.gif

JonnyKong

There's two things I've mainly taken away from that Direct.

1) I can't actually believe we got a genuine leak for a Direct.

2) Federation Force looks like one of the ugliest, blandest games I've laid eyes on.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I thought it was a solid Direct. I don't care much about a new Paper Jam or Rhythm Heaven, but there was a lot in there to love.

Federation Force and what looks like another remake of the original Star Fox just don't intrigue me though.

I'm throwing my Wii U out the window and vow to never buy the NX (which looks like shit anyway) until they get their act together.

You don't know what it looks like yet...

Ansatz

I don't see it happening or wouldn't expect it.

I think you'll get Zelda, maybe a new 3D Mario from EAD Tokyo and Pikmin 4.

That's pretty good actually from Nintendo for a launch but I wouldn't expect more.

Yeah many of their teams are accounted for, NX won't be this barrage of high quality games some expect. Even if it's safe to assume Retro Studios and EAD Tokyo show up, some people will still be disappointed unless it's Mario 64-2 and Prime 4 in the same way Color Splash is not what they want.

Yeah this is definitely trying to be the new 'I'm an expert'.

Sorry buddy, too obvious :)

hatchx

Banned
Pretty disappointing Direct, but I think the point stands that the 3DS and the WiiU are getting pretty solid 1st party support their last year, better than I remember the Wii, Gamecube, or N64 getting.

If the NX comes out this holiday, I'd say the WiiU is getting a fairly good send-off.

With that said, Metroid Federation Force looks awful and Paper Mario has me worried for the franchise, it actually looks like a lower-cost effort than a full-fledged Paper Mario game. Even it's reveal was meh.

AdanVC

I got hyped for .0001 micro-seconds when I immediately read the "No NX or mobile info" I understand about NX but why no mobile info when Miitomo is actually launching this month? Nintendo...

Looking forward for this Direct anyways. Not that hyped because really, what else they have left to show? Especially on Wii U. My bets:

- Paper Mario U reveal trailer. Carbon copy of Sticker Star but in HD. Meltdowns across the interwebz.

- More animu RPGs for 3DS (ugh)

- 10 minutes of Metroid Prime Federation Force and lot's of "screw you fans we do what we want despite the massive negative reception with this game. Here's your new Chibi-Samus amiibo wich is the only way to play with Samus on the actual game"

- Pokkén footage nothing exciting.

- Mario and Sonic at the Olympics footage. Megaton

- #FE footage nothing exciting only weirdness that only 5 people are gonna buy.

- New amiibo announced

-Star Fox Zero exciting trailer with a special message by Miyamoto at the end to announce it'll be delayed again.

- Peeeeeeeeeeerhaps a lil trailer for Zelda's 30th anniversary like they did with Mario last year and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe another 3 second teaser of Zelda U of Link running on the same old grassy field we have seen for two years now.

Hype...

Quoting myself from the predictions I did yesterday. Bolding the ones I actually nailed and wow I actually nailed most of them! Wich is kinda sad in this case though : / Not a very good Direct IMO.

Neff

Not a great Direct for me. SNES titles on N3DS are very welcome though (because I have one).

When you make a game as bad as Other M you deserve to have the franchise taken away from you. Sakamoto doesn't understand Metroid anymore. Letting him make another one would be like letting George Lucas make another Star Wars movie.

Case in point, a staggering number of individuals have no problem with Lucas or Sakamoto's respective work (in fact a lot of viewers are missing Lucas' touch post-TFA, but that's another subject), before, during or after that event horizon moment of purported fan betrayal.

A certain kind of zealotic 'fan' will not only forever question said artist's right to work on their favourite franchise again, they'll also put forward revisionist ideas that past works weren't as attributable to the creative minds in charge as generally believed. We've seen this kneejerk, emotional need to selectively shift blame and praise alike from spurned, over-emotional fanbases, time after time.

Your shit is only gold until it sucks.

So torn on Hyrule Warriors news but there doesn't seem to be a thread for it so I'm going here.

On one hand, all the new content on the 3DS version just seems like a slap to the face of the Wii U owners. I mean, I get it, but... I would have much rather them just make more DLC for the console version than do the new version on the weaker system.

On the other hand, Medli is going to be playable and I smiled so hard and nothing hurts. Nothing hurts.

A slap in the face?

Oersted

I'm throwing my Wii U out the window and vow to never buy the NX (which looks like shit anyway) until they get their act together.

The NX looks like shit. Just what. You gotta be parody.

pariah164

All this Direct needed was a Style Savvy 3 announce for NA and it would have been perfect.

I'll have to get Kirby later; Odin Sphere owns my wallet in June.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So...the big news items from this much touted Direct were:

- New Starfox trailer
- Paper Mario: Color Dash
- Kirby: Roboto

Not exactly Earth shattering stuff here.

A slap in the face?
It kinda sucks that so soon after the original game released they're porting it to a different system and moving most of their support there, including new missions, maps, and a new season pass. It's doubly a bummer because the port is to a significantly weaker system, so the "ideal" version of Hyrule Warriors is now split between whether you want content or more solid core gameplay.

So...the big news items from this much touted Direct were:

- New Starfox trailer
- Paper Mario: Color Dash
- Kirby: Roboto

Not exactly Earth shattering stuff here.
I mean, it wasn't really much touted? It was announced two days ago and was never going to be Earth-shattering - I'm surprised we got new games at all. E3 is pretty soon and I can only imagine much of Nintendo's focus right now is on the NX.

Cuburt

So do people retroactively consider Super Mario Galaxy 2 a "cheap cash-in filler game" now? Metroid Prime 2: Echoes? Majora's Mask?

Just want to know so I can get a sense of where this is all coming from.

slit

Okay this was good and pretty much sums up all the crocodile tears from people in this thread.

lol

AdanVC

The good thing about this so so Direct is that they literally got all the remaining Wii U and 3DS stuff out of the way so now everything they announce from now on would be either about mobile stuff or N X

MK_768

well since you threw your brain out the window I guess this is an understandable overreaction lol.

Seriously, what was up with Bill dropping a new Paper Mario game like it was nothing?

That doesn't at all give me confidence in the game or in how Nintendo views the franchise now. =/

ReyVGM

3 months to go for E3, possibly less if they decide to reveal the NX before to get all the possible negative and controversial comments out of way for E3.

Top Bottom