• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo ditches main E3 conference, still there with games, press events, N-Direct

I'd be more inclined to think people would know if Nintendo had a conference like everyone else. Talking at the water cooler about Nintendo's E3 press conference is more hype inducing then:

"Oh Jim, did you hear about the new Nintendo Direct?"

"The Nintendo what?"

Do you even know anyone who isn't on sites like GAF/GameTrailers constantly that know about e3? Most of my friends all have video game consoles. Every year I put up a status saying "X days until e3" and every year people ask me what the hell is e3.

It's not even remotely close to the superbowl like some of you guys are thinking. It's a trade show like CES and CEDIA. The same way the average person doesn't realize that LG is releasing a new line of smart fridges in 2013 is the way the average doesn't realize the PS4 has 8GB of RAM.

RagnarokX

Hopefully they announce the date and time really soon, they got to make sure people know about this.

The only people that watch E3 are us enthusiasts. As long as their conference appears on the gaming E3 websites prior to and after it occurring it should be fine. It'll be there in big bold letters like every year:

WATCH MICROSOFT CONFERENCE (countdown)
WATCH SONY CONFERENCE (countdown)
WATCH NINTENDO CONFERENCE (countdown)

People will get home from work and it'll be there waiting for them like always.

We're really not the ones Nintendo needs to reach though, and the ones they need to reach would never be reached with a conference anyway. What they need to do is hit the mainstream and gaming press hard.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Flawed English and all, nothing gets me more pumped than Iwata showing big games.

Yeah he is so much better than Reggie, and even Miyamoto at announcing titles (IMO).

Besides that though, it just seems weird to me that the president of Nintendo will not be present for the big unveiling of the WiiU games slated for the second half of 2013 and beyond. He could have easily just filmed a section in his little white room like he usually does for Nintendo Directs.... so why he won't be present at all is beyond me.

Meelow

Banned
The only people that watch E3 are us enthusiasts. As long as their conference appears on the gaming E3 websites prior to and after it occurring it should be fine. It'll be there in big bold letters like every year:

WATCH MICROSOFT CONFERENCE (countdown)
WATCH SONY CONFERENCE (countdown)
WATCH NINTENDO CONFERENCE (countdown)

People will get home from work and it'll be there waiting for them like always.

We're really not the ones Nintendo needs to reach though, and the ones they need to reach would never be reached with a conference anyway. What they need to do is hit the mainstream and gaming press hard.

Yeah buy, some people still think Nintendo isn't even doing anything at E3.

Yup. So... should I post a new thread yes/no?

just add rumor for now since they removed the news

Do this, if the mods need anyone that seen the site with the information than they could ask us.

Remember to put "Rumor" though.

Sadist

Miyamoto, not Iwata.

I got the link via my twitter feed btw

jAaqoDedd5r7y.png

Edit: I guess this will be revealed soon enough then. We'll just have to wait when others will spill the beans

Meelow

Banned
Yeah, but those people are illiterate. :p

Won't comment lol.

I'm stupid, I forgot to exit out a window and I had the article up before it was taken off, I thought they put it back on so I refreshed it...I could of shown everyone that it was up there...

Sadist

It's back up again. It's about the press specific event apparently.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34121

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

Let your bodies remain ready.

Before the E3 show floor opens, Reggie Fils-Aime and Shigeru Miyamoto will host a presentation to the media prior to E3.

Previously, Nintendo had announced that it would not be holding its regular, worldwide-focused pre-E3 press conference, instead hosting two smaller presentations, and using the expo to focus on upcoming software for North America. Despite this, Nintendo still plans on letting everyone know exactly what games are going to be on the show floor.

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

RagnarokX

It's back up again. It's about the press specific event apparently.

I doubt it will be. The way I read the original press release from Nintendo was that there would be 3 specific conferences for 3 different viewer demographics going on simulatneously, one for distributors, one for the press, and one for the home viewers. The press conference will probably feature slow, drawn-out explanations of game features that gamers hated last year while the conference we get to watch will get more to the point. I think it's a smart strategy.

PhantomR

Banned
Yeah he is so much better than Reggie, and even Miyamoto at announcing titles (IMO).

Besides that though, it just seems weird to me that the president of Nintendo will not be present for the big unveiling of the WiiU games slated for the second half of 2013 and beyond. He could have easily just filmed a section in his little white room like he usually does for Nintendo Directs.... so why he won't be present at all is beyond me.

I didn't see Kaz Hirai at the PS4 unveiling.

I'm pretty sure Steve Ballmer won't be showing off the next Xbox.

It's not that big of a deal.

Top Bottom