• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

I just want an Ace Combat demo.

Same here. I've heard it's good, but I've never played one of those games other than the atrocious demo for Assault Horizons.

If we get any tomorrow, I bet we get Cooking Mama 4, Sonic Generations, Mario Kart, 3D Land, and DOA. Why? Because those are the games I remember seeing in the Best Buy demo kiosk.

Spike

Just going to cross post this here since some of you may not follow the Club Nintendo thread.

TAgav.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Zen Pinball seems to be selling pretty well all things considering.
Leaderboards are packed (and neat, you can check global scores, per table, friends scores and regional per your own Country scores). I'm not fond of Zen Studios' engine on xbla/psn/iOS but I have to admit I'm really enjoying it on 3DS. Looks lovely, impressive 3D and 4 tables for €5 is a really good deal, in line with the iOS prices.

Bummer that it doesn't support upside down gameplay (so to have the scores/matrix LCD on top, Pinball Hall of Fame 3DS does it).

You guys should try it.

Should I get Wily's Revenge, Gargoyle's Quest and or/ Balloon Kid?

What do you guys say?

Gargoyle's Quest is the best of those three, but yeah, the other two are fun games too worth a play eventually.

Mega Man in Dr. Wily's Revenge does have some issues compared to the later GB Mega Man games -- it's got lots of flicker, fewer levels, etc -- but it makes up for it with solid gameplay and a pretty high challenge level. It is worth playing for sure, but do know that the series gets considerably better starting with the third game -- the second one is pretty poor, and one of the easiest and worst sounding Mega Man games ever, while the fourth and fifth are outstanding games that stand as among the best classic-series Mega Man titles. The third's good too, if not quite the equal of its sequels. But anyway, I do like Mega Man I for GB, despite its flaws. It's no match for III-V, but it's a fun little game that series fans should play, yes.

As I said though, Gargoyle's Quest is the best of those three games. That's a great game, with some of the best graphics of the early lineup of GB games, a good difficulty level (it's challenging, but not TOO hard), plenty to do, and more.

I wonder if we'll now see Gargoyle's Quest II and Demon's Crest on Wii VC... (yes, I know, we won't. Thanks for killing off the Wii VC in the US/Europe, Nintendo.)

Oh, and yes, Nintendo BADLY needs to get into the habit of making demos. Nintendo's demo policy on the Wii was insanely disgraceful; what kind of an idiot thought up a program where demos are only distributed for a few weeks and then get permanently removed from download? It makes absolutely no sense at all, and is extremely counter-intuitive... and of course retail games almost never have demos. Demos are important and useful, Nintendo needs to do them more often.

Oh, and the first post still doesn't have the Fossil Fighters 2 DS demo listed... it should have been added some time ago.

BooJoh

Just going to cross post this here since some of you may not follow the Club Nintendo thread.

TAgav.jpg

The site is up and down atm and I can't sign in, so I'll try again later today... hopefully they're not going to limit the number of people who can get the games.

TAgav.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!! I CAN ACTUALLY SPEND MY US C-N COINS ON SOMETHING!!!!

Edit: NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's down!!! What games are available? I MUST KNOW!!!

Fingers crossed we get it for the UK too - I've got a few odds and ends from the Stars Catalogue, but if I could start trading Stars for download codes for WiiWare/VC/3DS software etc. I'd be chuffed to bits.

The ONLY stuff I've ever spent my coins on is stuff that I can actually play (i.e. the Game and Watch titles). This is amazing for me. I don't really have much use for collectables, but games? The more, the merrier!

The ONLY stuff I've ever spent my coins on is stuff that I can actually play (i.e. the Game and Watch titles). This is amazing for me. I don't really have much use for collectables, but games? The more, the merrier!

I blew a bundle of my Stars on a Nintendogs plush for my stepdaughter, and spent more on points, but I'd be happy to spend them directly on DD games.

Yeah, and as I said I've spent Stars on those before. I'd much rather just be able to redeem a certain number of Stars directly for a game I want, though, rather than have to purchase a fixed-value virtual card (and only so many a day, IIRC).

And, yes, the prices stink - 4000 Stars for a single 1000pt card? That works out at 16 game registrations just to earn enough to get ~£8-worth of points.

TAgav.jpg

Umm... HOLY SHIT!

Anyway,
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - DEC. 8, 2011

Dec. 8, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop
Pushmo™ – Push, pull and climb through incredible puzzle-like climbing toys called Pushmo. Enjoy adorable characters, charming 3D graphics and endless replay value. Available in the Nintendo eShop for $6.99. (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo Video™
Foster the People, "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)" – Foster the People and Gabourey Sidibe star in a relentless, stunt-heavy car chase film. When a driving exam goes very wrong, the ensuing chase tears up a small town in this outrageous music video, now available on the Nintendo Video service. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS system update – The latest Nintendo 3DS system update is now available. For a full list of what is included, visit http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare™
Castle Conqueror - Against – You are a great warrior from an ancient tribe. The god of the island bestows his blessing upon you, giving you the power to curse the invaders and save your tribe. (For Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi™)

WiiWare™
MotoHeroz (demo version) – Racing game thrills meet platformer charm in MotoHeroz, a side-scrolling racer with simple controls and engaging physics. The result is a new kind of racing adventure. (For Wii™)

Also new this week:
• Word Searcher 4 (Nintendo eShop / Nintendo DSiWare)
• Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder (WiiWare)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:
http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download9Vr9Q93a.php

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS system, to the Nintendo DSi Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.
Pushmo will be mine! No eshop demos though? BOO-URNS

EDIT Paper Wars actually looks pretty cool. Here's a video review of the PSP Mini version. Looks like Defend Your Castle.

Pretty common misconception on the internet. Hudson's not dead, they shut down their American office.

Hudson have been absorbed 100% by Konami, cancelled the 3DS titles they had in development and are now focusing solely on social gaming. They're dead, at least in the form that most of GAF will care about.

Roto13

I'd rather spend the $7 on Xevious or Mario Kart than 100 coins. There are Club Nintendo rewards I can't easily get with money.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'd rather spend the $7 on Xevious or Mario Kart than 100 coins. There are Club Nintendo rewards I can't easily get with money.
I was worried about saving coins for larger items now that we can get games but you're right.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sealed Game&Watch Collection 1 for NDS on ebay ~$30 or 800 coins
8 eShop games $56 or 800 coins

Choice would be easy for me.

I've seen all the nice US prizes online for sale sealed. None of them are rare or hard to get.

Somnid

Sealed Game&Watch Collection 1 for NDS on ebay ~$30 or 800 coins
8 eShop games $56 or 800 coins

Choice would be easy for me.

I've seen all the nice US prizes online for sale sealed. None of them are rare or hard to get.

Until the plug gets pulled anyway.

Top Bottom