• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2011

That explains why some of us on this forum have 30+h in the game, I guess - we were all trench-fighting the controls.

Probably. I got to the second world before I quit. Maybe if I wasn't trying to get S ranks I could have trudged along, but I can't help being a completionist. Controls are way too inaccurate.

Well, that would instantly make it harder.

I bought it as a GBA launch game, and it got nearly unplayable about halfway through the game. It was a great port technically, but the viewing area was so limited that you were constantly making blind jumps, and the late game was hard enough already. The large, detailed sprites actually worked against the game. I don't know if the DSi version was at all improved, but from impressions it sounded about the same.

EU Nintendo Download lineup revealed (thanks to the Nintendo channel and Nintendo World Report spotting it!)

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28605

3DS Software: Pullblox (That's Pushmo to you yanks)

3DS VC: Blaster Master Enemy Below (A GBC GAME! And a great one at that!)

DSiWare: Christmas Wonderland, Bloons TD 3

WiiWare: Paper Wars Cannon Fodder

No price yet for Pullblox (though I'd guess €5/£4.50)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Great stuff.

vYU92.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software

• Pullbox (Nintendo | €6.00 | £5.40) Upcoming (12/08)

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

• Blaster Master: Enemy Below (SunSoft | Game Boy Color | €? | £?) Upcoming (12/08)

Wii | WiiWare

• Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder (iFun4All | 500 Points) Upcoming (12/08)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Christmas Wonderland (Microvalue | 800 Points | €8.00 | £7.20) Upcoming (12/08)
  • Bloons TD (Digital Goldfish | 500 Points | €5.00 | £4.50) Upcoming (12/08)

Javier

American eShop lists Pushmo in the "Coming Soon" section at $6.99. It's the first title listed so America will likely get it this week too.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Pushmo looks like a nice little game. Will get that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
So, is that Blaster Master sequel any good?

It recycles a lot of assets from the NES game (the graphics, some of the music, many of the bosses) but the levels are all new. Level design is just as good as the original, with maybe a little more emphasis on the overhead dungeons; the smaller screen can be an issue occasionally but it's not a big deal. All the old upgrades are back and there are a lot of optional hidden upgrades - some of 'em are brand new, some of 'em are abilities/perks you had by default in the original (mostly on-foot capacity upgrades, iirc). It's quite hard - harder than the original, I'd say - and you don't have the pause trick to cheese the bosses with, either. No saves, just a password system (not that it matters when you have savestates).

I like it quite a lot. It's among my top five favourite third-party GBC games, for sure (alongside Shantae, MGS: Ghost Babel, Lufia: The Legend Returns and Survival/Stranded Kids).

Celine

I like it quite a lot. It's among my top five favourite third-party GBC games, for sure (alongside Shantae, MGS: Ghost Babel, Lufia: The Legend Returns and Survival/Stranded Kids).
Good top 5 but I would replace Lufia with Dragon Quest III.

Might buy later on ( it will surely priced at more than the 4 euro remained in my account ).
Come on Sunsoft release Trip World!

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yeah, I have a strange soft spot for that Lufia game - there's a ton of music, and the depth of the battle system, amount of gear etc is unmatched by anything else in the GBC's library. If only it had some real, proper dungeons...

mclem

I have 5500 Wii points. Think now is a good time to finally spend them? Any releases with potential coming? No chance cost of games is lowered?

What I have gathered are the best. What else should I consider or get instead of these?

Art of Balance - 800
Cave Story - 1200
And Yet It Moves - 1000
Fluidity - 1200
Super Mario RPG - 800

The VC games should be ones that have a cost much higher if you want a physical copy.

What I've played of AYIM on the PC, I've not been impressed with.

Fluidity is *wonderful*. That's definitely a purchase.

Cave Story, YMMV on. You do have to bear in mind the fact that you can pick it up for free, but it *is* worth paying for. That said, I'm plumping for the 3DS version, myself.

jgkspsx

Cave Story, YMMV on. You do have to bear in mind the fact that you can pick it up for free, but it *is* worth paying for. That said, I'm plumping for the 3DS version, myself.
As somebody who owns both, I'd say the Wii version is superior in every way except portability. Just don't use the new sprites or music. 3DS version is only recommendable to big fans of the game, IMO.

I am all over Pushmi Pullyu and Blaster Master if those are US releases this week.

GeekyDad

Pullblox will be bought... as soon as I read some reviews saying people who are shit at puzzles can still enjoy it.

LOL Sounds like we have similar gaming sensibilities. Pullblox is the same game as Pushmo, right? It definitely looks quaint and inviting, but yeah, I've gotten burned by games like Boxlife. Some games that are said to be great, just aren't great for me personally.

Sinthetic

LOL Sounds like we have similar gaming sensibilities. Pullblox is the same game as Pushmo, right? It definitely looks quaint and inviting, but yeah, I've gotten burned by games like Boxlife. Some games that are said to be great, just aren't great for me personally.

Haha! I definitely have seen you talking about many of the games I've been playing this year and you have very similar thoughts on them.

Pushmo is the same game as Pullblox, it's just Pushmo is the better name! ;\

Celine

I have 5500 Wii points. Think now is a good time to finally spend them? Any releases with potential coming? No chance cost of games is lowered?

What I have gathered are the best. What else should I consider or get instead of these?

Art of Balance - 800
Cave Story - 1200
And Yet It Moves - 1000
Fluidity - 1200
Super Mario RPG - 800

The VC games should be ones that have a cost much higher if you want a physical copy.
I suggest Lost Winds Winter of Melodias (1000 points).
Also for an 800 points RPG I would suggest to check Phantasy Star IV and Ys 1&2 ( but I've already beat most Square RPG on SNES).
Or if you want to try a strange mix between strategy and action rpg you could try Act Raiser.
How i miss you Quintet *sigh*

Teknoman

I suggest Lost Winds Winter of Melodias (1000 points).
Also for an 800 points RPG I would suggest to check Phantasy Star IV and Ys 1&2 ( but I've already beat most Square RPG on SNES).
Or if you want to try a strange mix between strategy and action rpg you could try Act Raiser.
How i miss you Quintet *sigh*

Actraiser is great. Everyone should give Ys 1&2 a shot if only for the soundtrack (once you get used to the combat, its fun).

Ulthwe

The Blaster Master page is up, too - £4.50 / €5.00.
Pullblox seems like a steal next to some VC prices, but I don't wanna start the "learn form iOS store Nintendo!" war again.

Heck I'd pay 10€ for Pullblox, I've been eagerly awaiting it since its japanese announcement.

GeekyDad

Pullblox seems like a steal next to some VC prices, but I don't wanna start the "learn form iOS store Nintendo!" war again.

Heck I'd pay 10€ for Pullblox, I've been eagerly awaiting it since its japanese announcement.

True enough. Just got an iPhone for the first time, and I've been having that great new-toy time with it. But virtual controls just don't compare. I still feel like I have a valid reason to own a 3DS, but I'm not certain this particular game benefits all that much from real controls. Not sure what the conversion is, but I'm guessing it translates to about $7 for the U.S. Considering games like Infinity Blade 1/2, I'd say Nintendo are asking a fair price. Looks like a very good game for what it is.

GeekyDad

Not a Nintendo download, but schwag from my purchases came, unexpectedly, actually:

PJWKs.png

rzy60.png

I know some folks were moaning and groaning about this being the gift (I think it was for Elite status or something like that), but honestly, I love collecting stuff like this.

Just a PSA, the eShop will be down for maintenance before the update is available on Dec 8th. Don't freak out.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28568

Dear customer,

On account of the upcoming system update, which will be available by 8 December, Nintendo eShop will be unavailable for a limited period while the main server undergoes essential maintenance.

Once work on the server has been completed and you have performed the update on your Nintendo 3DS system, you will be able to visit Nintendo eShop as usual and take advantage of the new features. A SpotPass notification summarising all the improvements to Nintendo eShop will be sent out soon.

Nintendo eShop team

Top Bottom