• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2014

Phil S.

Banned
I believe Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams received the patch for sound from the GamePad in Europe, but it never came to North America, did it? (I could be wrong about thinking it even came out in Europe.) The last I heard of it, the patch was being targeted for last March... :/

maxcriden

Nintendo Life posted a review of Monkey Pirates:

Monkey Pirates is a good local multiplayer experience on Wii U, but one that doesn't make the most of the bespoke functionality the system has to offer. Moreover, the game falls down in other key areas, such as a limited single-player mode and AI that is prone to breaking. These issues aside, Monkey Pirates proves to be entertaining and varied when played with friends, and while it's not likely to dominate an evening of multiplayer gaming, it's a strong enough effort to make an appearance at some point during the night. 6/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/wiiu-eshop/monkey_pirates

GRW810

I believe Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams received the patch for sound from the GamePad in Europe, but it never came to North America, did it? (I could be wrong about thinking it even came out in Europe.) The last I heard of it, the patch was being targeted for last March... :/
The patch definitely came to Europe, in May I think.

sörine

Banned
When is the off-tv play patch coming for 1001 Spikes? And any word if the lack of Gamepad sound will be patched for Ittle Dew?

CozMick

Banned
I hope the respective developers know that I cry each and every day that shovel knight and 1001 spikes are not on the EU eshop :'(

flowsnake

I can't seem to access the eshop in Europe. Is it down or is there a problem on my end?

Edit: it JUST started working, huh

Magnus

Club Nintendo Rewards

I've got exactly 600 coins to spend. (Reimbursed like 50 surveys I had lying around from my Nintendo-heavy 2013/2014 - still have like 150 to go for a head start on this year!)

Do I spend em on Mario Party 2? Or do you guys think the odds are good for better games soon?

maxcriden

I've got exactly 600 coins to spend. (Reimbursed like 50 surveys I had lying around from my Nintendo-heavy 2013/2014 - still have like 150 to go for a head start on this year!)

Do I spend em on Mario Party 2? Or do you guys think the odds are good for better games soon?

Definitely hold off. I used to like Mario Party 2 a lot but it doesn't hold up very well.

daydream

Banned

I'll have to disagree with Max here. It's still the best Mario Party, in my opinion, a timeless classic, in fact. All the boards and minigames are just as fun as ever.

tebunker

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=118987436#post118987436

Just going to post this one more time, because Fuzzy Wuzzy has agreed to give away 4 total codes for Armillo, 2 EU WiiShop Codes and 2 NA.

You can enter via mod bot in the thread, 24 hours to enter, you can enter more than once but only win 1 time. You will have to pm me when you win and I will send you the link to register with the email program Fuzzy Wuzzy is using to send out codes. I will then let them know you won and who you are, and they will email you the codes.

I only ask that you support the Game by posting in the Armillo OT. That's all.

Thanks!

maxcriden

I'll have to disagree with Max here. It's still the best Mario Party, in my opinion, a timeless classic, in fact. All the boards and minigames are just as fun as ever.

It's an amazing MP. I love the game and think it's one of the best MPs. It's just blurry as all get out on VC. I imagine on a CRT playing on an N64 it's nowhere near as bad. But it was eye-blurringly bad on Wii VC and I am not usually one to nitpick or be bothered over such things. If you can get past the graphics
and typical MP rubberbanding nonsense
, by all means pick it up as the gameplay itself is stellar and the minigames and boards are, as my pal daydreaming said, utterly timeless. If graphics are a factor, though, I personally would recommend dark horse of the series MP9 if you can find it for a good price.

Just going to post this one more time, because Fuzzy Wuzzy has agreed to give away 4 total codes for Armillo, 2 EU WiiShop Codes and 2 NA.

You can enter via mod bot in the thread, 24 hours to enter, you can enter more than once but only win 1 time. You will have to pm me when you win and I will send you the link to register with the email program Fuzzy Wuzzy is using to send out codes. I will then let them know you won and who you are, and they will email you the codes.

Thanks!

Oh man, you're doing a giveaway, that's awesome! I can enter both US contests, right? That is too cool. I'll buy if I don't win but I'd love to win. Fingers crossed!

daydream

Banned
It's an amazing MP. I love the game and think it's one of the best MPs. It's just blurry as all get out on VC. I imagine on a CRT playing on an N64 it's nowhere near as bad. But it was eye-blurringly bad on Wii VC and I am not usually one to nitpick or be bothered over such things. If you can get past the graphics
and typical MP rubberbanding nonsense
, by all means pick it up as the gameplay itself is stellar and the minigames and boards are, as my pal daydreaming said, utterly timeless. If graphics are a factor, though, I personally would recommend dark horse of the series MP9 if you can find it for a good price.

Ah yes, I only play it on my N64. That's a pretty big difference, then. What rubberbanding are you referring to, though? AI? :eek:

maxcriden

Ah yes, I only play it on my N64. That's a pretty big difference, then. What rubberbanding are you referring to, though? AI? :eek:

Yeah, on an N64 it's a whole other experience entirely. I long for those CRT days on a system like that! Anyway, yeah, it's mostly AI, but it also happens with individual human players. Basically MP has a tendency to reward whoever is doing the worst, the most strongly, and to go the hardest after whoever's in first. The AI algorithms seem customer-tailored to that effect and it can be maddening in a game like MP to have Bowser give all of your stars away when you're doing well or to be rewarded extensively when you know you haven't done nearly as well as your peers, be they AI or human...it's much worse than in MK because a much bigger investment of time is involved.

jholmes

The patch definitely came to Europe, in May I think.

This might sound like a dumb question, but did the Giana Sisters patch make the game smaller? Seems like a weird thing to ask about but that thing takes up over 3 GB. What a memory hog.

daydream

Banned
So, I'm temped to just go out tomorrow and buy enough eShop credit to just clear out my wishlist (or get close to it). Probably a crazy idea. :p

Yeah, on an N64 it's a whole other experience entirely. I long for those CRT days on a system like that! Anyway, yeah, it's mostly AI, but it also happens with individual human players. Basically MP has a tendency to reward whoever is doing the worst, the most strongly, and to go the hardest after whoever's in first. The AI algorithms seem customer-tailored to that effect and it can be maddening in a game like MP to have Bowser give all of your stars away when you're doing well or to be rewarded extensively when you know you haven't done nearly as well as your peers, be they AI or human...it's much worse than in MK because a much bigger investment of time is involved.

Got it. Well, I won't go into it here (since I talked about it at length in a recent Mario Party thread), but I actually like the balance in 2. Let's discuss it in private, though. ;)

maxcriden

So, I'm temped to just go out tomorrow and buy enough eShop credit to just clear out my wishlist (or get close to it). Probably a crazy idea. :p

Got it. Well, I won't go into it here (since I talked about it at length in a recent Mario Party thread), but I actually like the balance in 2. Let's discuss it in private, though. ;)

As long as Kung Fu Rabbit is on that list I support that idea! Haha. And I'll check out your lengthy MP post and pick it up in PMs from there. :)

donny2112

I hope the next System Update for Wii U allows you to start with the Quick Menu, and then switch back to the Quick Menu to change to something else instead of having to go to the full Wii U main menu to change. Quick Start Menu rocks! :D

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Someone, answer super quickly.
How long is the ramp up for Shin Megami Tensei 4. I want to start playing it before I go to sleep but I actually want to play it.

I'm actually rotating between a couple of games right now. Bravely Default and Zelda : OoT (borrowed from the same friend).

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

How long is the ramp up for Shin Megami Tensei 4. I want to start playing it before I go to sleep but I actually want to play it.

I'm actually rotating between a couple of games right now. Bravely Default and Zelda : OoT (borrowed from the same friend).
Well, the beginning of SMT4 is arguably the hardest part of the whole game. Although personally I didn't have any problems with it and I know other people who didn't either, I've read/heard some people refer to it as the part that "you gotta push through" to get to the good part. I think it's a great beginning and love it, but beware, I guess.

I can't remember how long it takes before you start playing, but I'm pretty sure it gets going pretty quick or at least I don't remember having any problems with that and I'm usually pretty easilly annoying with games that take a while to let you play. You can save and stop playing pretty much whenever you want, so there's that if you want to go sleep (or you could just close the 3DS and pick up in the morning where you left off, the 3DS can sleep as well).

oatmeal

Banned
Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

3 VC titles at once?

FUCKING NOA.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Thanks!

Fuzzy is great, you are great, I hope the game will be great too.
About supporting it: what do you think if I download the game? that is even a better support! I like to support the project, especially after the launch price initiative, that is something I'd really like to see as a standard on the eshop
I'll probably download armillo tonight

GRW810

Do you title every single one of your posts?

69wpm

Fuzzy is great, you are great, I hope the game will be great too.
About supporting it: what do you think if I download the game? that is even a better support! I like to support the project, especially after the launch price initiative, that is something I'd really like to see as a standard on the eshop
I'll probably download armillo tonight

Do it. The game is fun and quite unique. It's really something people haven't played before.

WAT ALIEN CRUSH WAT

Give it to me, NoA. That was probably my most played game on Wii. I'd really love to see the other platforms return to the VC, that's the biggest thing the U is missing over its predecessor.

rjc571

Banned
WAT ALIEN CRUSH WAT

Give it to me, NoA. That was probably my most played game on Wii. I'd really love to see the other platforms return to the VC, that's the biggest thing the U is missing over its predecessor.

LOL it's not gonna happen. Alien Crush has been on the 3DS VC for months in Japan, along with several other Turbo Grafx games, with no indication that they're ever going to be released elsewhere.

Neifirst

To be fair, Konami has been supporting the Wii U VC a fair amount outside of Japan, so TG-16 releases could come here eventually.

Refyref

To be fair, Konami has been supporting the Wii U VC a fair amount outside of Japan, so TG-16 releases could come here eventually.

They're supporting it in the sense that they're actually releasing some titles from time to time. They're not releasing anything that isn't big in one way or another, and even significant games, they sometimes ignore. Where's Contra, Operation C, Belmont's Revenge, Ghost Babel, almost every single Bomberman game, and it goes on...

sörine

Banned
Yes they're the 3rd most prolific behind Capcom and Bandai Namco. I just wish they'd bring their TG16 and MSX stuff over.

Meanwhile I've got no clue what's going on at Square Enix. They have like 10 games they could release already but we've seen nothing.

I feel like I've been posting this same thing for many many Nintendo Download month threads now, but maybe this month I'll get to play Shovel Knight. :(

(PAL)

Closest its ever been surely, and even then I still don't have much confidence.

Somnia

Got $40 from the deluxe plan yesterday after buying all my games for my new WiiU, have $70 on the eshop now... hm

Armillo and Guac for sure, no idea what I'll get after that. May hold onto it for upcoming VC/Indie games.

Top Bottom