• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

[Nintex]

Im afraid I wont survive this E3. First we get this ugly TH shots then we get a new Zelda shot its OMFGWTF every second!

koam

Shit so no one has it (new EGM)? Fine I'll go pick it up.. i won't be able to get scans for you guys until 5:30EST though

Oh man! I can't wait to play with Grandma and Grandpa!

elderwii.jpg

I figure this is as good a place as any to ask, was there any confirmation on if the VC games will have online multiplayer or if it's just straight emulation?

knoo

Can´t remember anything like that being confirmed, and my guess would be that nothing like this will happen... unfortunately :(

Roelatie

Thanx to the baddest MF around :

Koam :)

This info is from Edge!

More info:

Mario Revolution - Fall 2006
Smash Bros - Fall 2006

:D :D :D :D :D

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
According to a guy on n-philes who works at gametrailers, the next mario game is called Mario Galaxy. He saw the name as the show floor equipment was set up.

Nickovic

Dr.Guru of Peru said:
According to a guy on n-philes who works at gametrailers, the next mario game is called Mario Galaxy. He saw the name as the show floor equipment was set up.

Sounds bad and good at the same time, bad is the name but good to what it implys.

Phranky

Banned
One of the non-revolution/Wii IGN editors on the crappy E3 livechat just said that he admits that some of the Wii titles are marginally excite-ing.

So is that almost an excitebike confirmation?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Phranky said:
One of the non-revolution/Wii IGN editors on the crappy E3 livechat just said that he admits that some of the Wii titles are marginally excite-ing.

So is that almost an excitebike confirmation?

It was pretty much confirmed by Gaybrush a few days ago. It's almost a lock for the realistic racing game Reggie was talking about earlier.

Wink

gamergirly said:
Well, Im really waiting to see what Nintendo does after that PS3 disaster showing. Wonder where Reggie is? :D

I would kiss his ass if he made a cool (or better yet aggressive) comment about the sony conference and the rip off controller just to hear the crowd reaction.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I just wanted to say, people should be prepared for a laggy stream during the Nintendo conference. The Sony feed slowed to a crawl and crashed a few times. No way Nintendo's stream survives.

Tomorrow is going to be a huge fucking party on Nintendo's stage. I seriously can't wait, the entire company is going to be swimming in cotton candy and the audience will just roar with aproval after Sony's display of cowardice and poor marketing ability tonight.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I wonder if Nintendo will mention the gyros added to DS3. It will be interesting to see if they respond to it at all. I thought Sony didn't do "gimmicks" :lol

dkeane

Goreomedy said:
I just wanted to say, people should be prepared for a laggy stream during the Nintendo conference. The Sony feed slowed to a crawl and crashed a few times. No way Nintendo's stream survives.
I agree but think it won't be all that bad. Afterall there will be multiple sources streaming the conference.

I can't wait!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Goreomedy said:

Well there are at least 5 places with the Nintendo stream, hopefully they can share the load. Or does it not work that way? I'm not very technically minded.

The Sony stream was absolutely perfectly smooth for me up until it went doen 3/4 of the way through, I couldn't believe it. After that it was a mess. But it gives me hope.

Are you guys all checkin koam's Zelda thread still? Lots of stuff in there, some good, some bad.

pubba

Well seeing that some people are treating post counts as some kind of pissing match.. Heres my pointless contribution to the Nintendo thread...

Im holding out for a Wii Waverace game for launch. Could this be the super secret racing game?

And Reggie should come onstage and say 'Sony PS3' and then burst out into uncontrollable laughter which goes on for just long enough to be surreal (Im thinking 'Family Guy' style)

2am Nintendo conference Australia time - Ill be staying up to watch it and see GAF meltdown :)

Nintendo couldnt have dreamed of a worse Sony conference if they tried really really really hard. This e3 has exceeded my expectations so far!

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
There was some talk of 1up and another site which sounded like gametrailers but isn't doing a stream too. I don't know if those are true or not.

Holy crap, tomorrow is going to be a nightmare. As if Nintendo isn't going to completely demolish everything, Microsoft's conference is tomorrow too.

The internet will explode tomorrow. :(

Jiggy

gamergirly said:
Well, Im really waiting to see what Nintendo does after that PS3 disaster showing. Wonder where Reggie is? :D
I so agree in every possible way.

"Not my problem" might look like nothing in light of how he's able to rip the PS3 price and/or low-grade Wiimote ripoff. :eek:

MrNibbles

Banned
I have work tomorrow
8am to 11am.

What do I do?

Do I wake up at 5:30, get my ass to work by 6:30, and try to weasel my way out early?

Do I just say "fuck it" and go to work 8-11 and then do my CS project that's due tonight at midnight (yes, it'll be late), and then download it later?

HALP.

And wtf with AOL's first to play. Winners still not announced. I can only assume it wasn't me.

Johnas

Can somebody tell me about when we'll probably be able to download and watch Nintendo's conference after the live feed?

I really want to see it live, but if I do I gotta somehow leave work early.

Ancestor said:
Can somebody tell me about when we'll probably be able to download and watch Nintendo's conference after the live feed?

Gamespot should post it a few hours after the conference.

Ancestor said:

The person who runs GameTrailers posted here and said it will be available to download.

11:30 am will be perfect tomorrow. I can grab some lunch and watch the fiesta. Even if Nintendo completely screws up too, Im sure there will be plenty of "entertainment". Plus, the Zelda video should own hard

Wink

pubba said:
And Reggie should come onstage and say 'Sony PS3' and then burst out into uncontrollable laughter which goes on for just long enough to be surreal (Im thinking 'Family Guy' style)

:lol seriously, I imagine how this would be like and can't stop laughing.

mattx5

Damn, I'm in class till 4 tomorrow. Can't skip either.

I'm thinking I'll avoid looking at all the screens and thread titles (ha, yeah right) and try to download the conference video without being spoiled so I can experience it fresh.

We'll see how hard that proves.

gamergirly said:
Even if Nintendo completely screws up too, Im sure there will be plenty of "entertainment". Plus, the Zelda video should own hard
After tonight I do not see how they could possibly screw up. Just when I thought the naming of the Wii was bad, which I've pretty much gotten used to now, tonight was just a train wreck minus MGS4. It's Nintendo's show to steal now.

Benadryl Hitman said:
After tonight I do not see how they could possibly screw up. Just when I thought the naming of the Wii was bad, which I've pretty much gotten used to now, tonight was just a train wreck minus MGS4. It's Nintendo's show to steal now.
Can you imagine how softly they're sleeping tonight? Microsoft probably called to celebrate and they all passed out like babies.

I guess I better call it a night. I really dont think Nintendo or MS can get any worse than this. And it seems like "Wii" is being used consistently now without so much complaining. Im glad the name has finally caught on :lol

Top Bottom