• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
East Clintwood said:
Is it possible to watch the Gamespot stream with an external player?
or ign for that matter?

I ask for ign as im assuming ign has a 500k stream according to their options?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
koam said:
The way the described was that it tells you it's your turn and things like that which is lame...

Pfff

"Welcome to the game tutorial. Move your controller to the right."

"...your other right"

Hilarity!

dkeane

Father_Brain said:
I'm betting on (and hoping for) a $200 pricetag. I can't imagine it possibly costing more than $250, though.
The only way I can see it being over 250 is if it comes with 2 controllers and a game. Which would be cool.

1 HOUR and 40 MINUTES LEFT!!!

maxmars

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
I wonder what wll happen to this forum if they announce a $399 pricetag or something.

I would quickly disconnect from the Internet, turn off the router and seal the telco jack until the Tsunami wave has passed.

The Black Brad Pitt said:
or ign for that matter?

I ask for ign as im assuming ign has a 500k stream according to their options?

What's your reason? I can't use the Windows Media Player because it's an old version and I won't install a newer because I never use it. There has to be a link for the stream you can open in another player. Or at least a site which doesn't use MP.

Would people still find $250 expensive to purchase the Wii if launch games included a new Mario game and Super Smash Brothers Online?

I think the launch games alone would be the determining factor for me whether I find $250 too much to purchase the Wii for.

Maridia

Benadryl Hitman said:
Would people still find $250 expensive if launch games included a Mario game and Super Smash Brothers Online?

I think if it includes a second controller and something playable, $250's not bad at all.

lancubap

koam said:
The fact that the revolution controller has a speaker is actually pretty cool the more i think about it. The way the described was that it tells you it's your turn and things like that which is lame... but the controller making lightsaber sounds, the bow and arrow example they gave and the sound effects can really turn out to be cool. The irony is that the sound effects where always there.. at the TGS demo.

The sound is the probably substitute to force feedback (because it uses a LOT of energy). When you use the sword agains another, use feel the Wiimote vibrate AND you hear a sound. This paralise you psychologically and you have the illusion af a real battle.
But it is only a possibility.

lancubap said:
The sound is the probably substitute to force feedback (because it uses a LOT of energy). When you use the sword agains another, use feel the Wiimote vibrate AND you hear a sound. This paralise you psychologically and you have the illusion af a real battle.
But it is only a possibility.

Actually the speaker used for sound effects could be REALLY cool.

Maridia said:
I think if it includes a second controller and something playable, $250's not bad at all.
I see what you and others are saying, but even if it doesn't include a second controller and game, don't you think must have games like Mario or Super Smash Brothers Online would sway you to buy the console at $250? I know it would be a rippoff, but I definitely would tempted to fork over the cash.

Benadryl Hitman said:
Would people still find $250 expensive to purchase the Wii if launch games included a new Mario game and Super Smash Brothers Online?

I think the launch games alone would be the determining factor for me whether I find $250 too much to purchase the Wii for.

if it launches with mario and ssbo, i think the only price people wouldn't buy this at is 499-599.

dkeane

Benadryl Hitman said:
I see what you and others are saying, but even if it doesn't include a second controller and game, don't you think must have games like Mario or Super Smash Brothers would sway you to buy the console at $250?
Oh without a doubt I definitely would.

bigNman

As if I needed a reminder of how much i love nintendo, I just dropped by DS from 5 feet onto a marble fireplace and it still works perfectly. That could have ruined my day.

Bring on the show!

FoneBone

Benadryl Hitman said:

SMASH BROTHERS IS NOT A LAUNCH TITLE.

koam

$250 is NOT the price.. they just said that it's an acceptable price. One thing I did notice is that on the plastic cover thing that the issue was in, it says that they revealed "some" of the secrets of the wii in the issue... which basically makes you wonder, is there anything else we don't know that will be shown?

Smash Bros and Metroid Prime being saved is probably one of the best decisions Nintendo have made in awhile. Both games can be made much better with extra months shine on them, and it keeps the releases flowing.

Mama Smurf said:
Why are we still talking about Smash Bros at launch? Do we not believe EGM?
FoneBone said:
SMASH BROTHERS IS NOT A LAUNCH TITLE.

I clearly must have missed the EGM thread, the last I heard I thought it was still on. My mistake. Scratch Smash Brothers online and replace it with Zelda:TTP with wiimote capabilities.

Setanta

I'm just wondering if Gamespot or Gametrailers is the best for streaming? Anyone know off-hand?

*just notices, only 1 Hour 30 mins to go*

Setanta said:
I'm just wondering if Gamespot or Gametrailers is the best for streaming? Anyone know off-hand?

*just notices, only 1 Hour 30 mins to go*

Does Gametrailers use Windows Media Player? Is there a way to stream it with an external player?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
TheGreatDave said:
Smash Bros and Metroid Prime being saved is probably one of the best decisions Nintendo have made in awhile. Both games can be made much better with extra months shine on them, and it keeps the releases flowing.
Plus, you've already got Mario and Zelda hogging attention not to mention some quirkier titles from Nintendo that might be ignored if other big hitters were present.

Nintendo are out to make money. The savings of lower spec hardware pad their bottom line. Sony are gouging earlier adopters for the PS3, we could get gouged too. I'll be happy if its $249.

Maridia

Benadryl Hitman said:
I see what you and others are saying, but even if it doesn't include a second controller and game, don't you think must have games like Mario or Super Smash Brothers Online would sway you to buy the console at $250? I know it would be a rippoff, but I definitely would tempted to fork over the cash.

It will include 2 controllers (the logo says it all!), but, yeah, I see what you're saying. We'll see in an hour and a half.:D

EDIT: Who the fuck am I kidding? I'd probably pay $200 for MP3 alone.

pollo

Banned
thread over/under?

I make it 5000 as conservative, over/under? (By the end of today, meaning 11:59 PM)

i say well over

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
You'd think they'd have a big hitter between launch and the end of the year though, especially if it launches in October as rumoured, so I wonder what that would be. Mario at launch, Zelda a month later?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
pollo said:
thread over/under?

I make it 5000 as conservative, over/under? (By the end of today, meaning 11:59 PM)

i say well over

Under. But close.

You forget that there will be 30 threads which break down each announcement into their own topics of discussion.

lancubap

Mama Smurf said:
You'd think they'd have a big hitter between launch and the end of the year though, especially if it launches in October as rumoured, so I wonder what that would be. Mario at launch, Zelda a month later?

Yeah, probably Mario will launch with the console and Zelda will follow soon. We must remember that George Harrison said that they want to have a strong, different Line-Up at first, and then a strong support in the following 6-12 months.

Shmmeee

koam said:
$250 is NOT the price.. they just said that it's an acceptable price. One thing I did notice is that on the plastic cover thing that the issue was in, it says that they revealed "some" of the secrets of the wii in the issue... which basically makes you wonder, is there anything else we don't know that will be shown?

Oh you one man hype machine you :)

*Please be a camera, please be a camera*

n3ss

aka acr0nym
puck1337 said:
The major sites did it yesterday, so I would expect the same for Nintendo's conf.

Text'd messages to the cell phone? I checked IGN but see no way of setting it up. I'm so missing this. I am cry

East Clintwood said:
Does Gametrailers use Windows Media Player? Is there a way to stream it with an external player?

Yes, or Quicktime at your choice. Also note the little icons on the right side of the pop-up window when you click to view a given video. Click on one of them to immediately download the movie and close out the window to move on without being stuck with the ads or stream.

Top Bottom