• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

Shmmeee

Damn I can't leave work until 5:30, this thing had better get delayed till 6 :( (GMT)

Has anyone tried Nintendo's stream yet (if it's showing anything)? Or is the concensus still gamespot?

Where has the best after the fact download video?

I'm so fucking excited!!

EDIT: :O and I'm a member. My Birthday, Nintendo conference and GAF membership in one day. I might just pass out.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
yeah someone post the link to the gamespot room all the GAFers are in once the conference is about to start

ckohler

Damn it! IGN has DRMed their live stream making it completely unmatchable on my Mac! Stupid fucks. :(

Edit: I meant to say IGN not Gamespot.

Barf_the_Mog said:
I'm going to ask this again, sorry for the repetitiveness:

Why did IGN not carry the Sony conference live? What about people like me with Insider membership?

My next question:

Why do I even bother with Insider membership?

1. Gamespot had the rights to the Sony conference live.

2. IGN hates you.

3. You hate yourself.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
AzureRonin said:
I can't wait to see the stark contrast between Sony's conference and Nintendo's. Nintendo usually puts on a great show even if they aren't releasing huge things.

We could say that last year's Nintendo did put an E3 Press Conference comparable to th one Sony put yesterday in all fairness.

yjs666

Am I wasting my bandwidth by opening up the stream now? Or should I get in early to avoid network overload later?

Panajev2001a said:
We could say that last year's Nintendo did put an E3 Press Conference comparable to th one Sony put yesterday in all fairness.

Wasn't last year the unveiling of TP? At least it was entertaining from what I remember.

dwdw2xe.jpg

No, I'm not making this up. This guy is standing outside the conference area...

We're just about there... it's been so long coming that waiting an hour or so will be nothing.

The Gamespot E3_2006 #3 has the least people in it - you guys want to jump in there?

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
NoE's attempt at E3 coverage...
http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/e3/
Once again NOE shows how awesome it is.

For some reason I feel we won't be very satisfied after this is over. I pray I'm wrong of course but I don't think Nintendo will go all out, or if they do it won't be as amazing as we hope. Ok, you can all come and kill me now.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
thanks for the 1up link. watched that G4 clip, cant wait to see Zelda

where are the gamespot chat rooms?

the-iek

direct link to gamespot's stream: mms://a1217.l1165462712.c11654.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/1217/11654/v0001/reflector:62712?auth=caEbWatd2b7bObabsahdocMalbzaHababb9-beylJE-b4-xBLqFD&aifp=jsd&push=0&prestream=gsad_bestbuy_e3ad2_050406&onthespot=1

Krowley

dark10x said:
Is there a confirmed delay or something? I mean, it seems like it could happen, but has anything been confirmed?

nahh, they are just always about 20 minutes late.

during the delay you get to look at a black screen and listen to tracks of a rock band playing mario and zelda tunes (that's how i remember it anyway)

Saoh

gimmmick said:
Hopefully gamespot will do a better job with nintendo's conference stream.

you mean compared to last year or this year? ´cuz SONY conf. was great, except for the part where the live feed guys fell asleep and disconnected everybody :lol

last year it was terrible.

Top Bottom