• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

ManaByte

Gold Member
Remember the amazing surprise when Twilight Princess was shown off at E3 2004? Nintendo's press conference on Tuesday will be something on the order of two dozen of those "holy shit!" moments, all strung together. Fanboy tears will flow.

I'm guessing Kid Icarus will show up in a reborn Dead Phoenix from Capcom. That game has be MIA since it was "canned", and it's the obvious fate for it.

Then they'll announce that the Wii will have Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Icarus in the "Launch Window".

Then again, Miyamoto can blink and fanboy tears will flow.

"He blinked!"

"Can anyone confirm that?"

"Yes, I can confirm Shiggy blinked!"

"Video of the BLINK compressing now!"

"Was it one eye or both?"

"I believe it was both eyes."

"BLINKATON!"

trilobyte

ManaByte said:
I'm guessing Kid Icarus will show up in a reborn Dead Phoenix from Capcom. That game has be MIA since it was "canned", and it's the obvious fate for it.

Then they'll announce that the Wii will have Mario, Metroid, Zelda, and Icarus in the "Launch Window".

Then again, Miyamoto can blink and fanboy tears will flow.

"He blinked!"

"Can anyone confirm that?"

"Yes, I can confirm Shiggy blinked!"

"Video of the BLINK compressing now!"

"Was it one eye or both?"

"I believe it was both eyes."

"BLINKATON!"

OMG Do you have video of said blinks?

Top 5 for me

5) Zelda TP(again)
4) Wii Pilotwings
3) Wii Mario
2) Starfox 2 DS (or whatever they change it to)
1) Super Smash Brothers Wii

Oh and honorable mentions are phantom hourglass, and anything that Intelligent Systems touches. Come on Fire Emblem DS/Wii...

Nobody seems to be expecting WarioWare at the show. I'd put that down as a title that has to be at launch, personally. It's another platform that seems tailor made for it.

*As awesome as NSMB will be, it won't be the best DS game on the show floor. And to really throw you for a loop: neither will Zelda.

Hmm I just went back and saw this....

I am gonna put my money on the DS shooter(starfox 2?) that was mentioned in that french interview with Miyamoto.:)

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
jarosh said:
oh lancubap
frustration_00.jpg

Jefklak

Everyone is so excited about Wii they forget the possible more-than-awesome DS lineup

Disciples II DS, lol
Jagged Alliance II DS (LAL)
Contact ENG
Children of Mana ENG
Ouendan ENG
Mother 3, lol
Wario the Thief, more lol
Fire Emblem DS (LAL)
Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle DS (LAL)
Sonic Rush 2 (LAL)
Metroid Dread, lol
Tales of the Tempest
Final Fantasy III
Starfox DS
New! Super Mario Bros. playable, again
Panzer Tactics
Meteos - Disney
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Cooking mama ENG, lol
More great platformers
More great TBS/TRPG games
More great great games

... BITCHES
edit: LAL = forget it. lol = little chance.
edit2: shaft, add if I fogrot some, can't get them all, added more now

Jefklak said:
Everyone is so excited about Wii they forget the possible more-than-awesome DS lineup

Disciples II DS, lol
Contact ENG
Children of Mana ENG
Ouendan ENG
Mother 3, lol
Fire Emblem DS (LAL)
Sonic Rush 2 (LAL)
Metroid Dread, lol
Tales of the Tempest
Final Fantasy III
Starfox DS
More great platformers
More great great games

... BITCHES

U forgot ash. With the cinematic fighting scene's.

Jefklak said:

Disciples II DS, lol
Contact ENG
Children of Mana ENG
Ouendan ENG
Mother 3, lol
Fire Emblem DS (LAL)
Sonic Rush 2 (LAL)
Metroid Dread, lol
Tales of the Tempest
Final Fantasy III
Starfox DS
New! Super Mario Bros. playable, again
Panzer Tactics
Meteos - Disney
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Cooking mama ENG, lol
More great platformers
More great great games

... BITCHES
edit2: shaft, add if I fogrot some, can't get them all, added more now

Nice add. Thanks! Interested to see which have Wiinectivity.

Boards of Canada said:
Thank God a bunch of sites are streaming the video for free. I'm staying home Tuesday morning.

Yeah, it makes you wonder how long those sites will hold up tho. Some of em went down last year

Jefklak

gamergirly said:
Yeah, it makes you wonder how long those sites will hold up tho. Some of em went down last year

I only remember I saw parts of Reggie's speech because the streaming server couldn't handle verything... Quite annoying.

Bhav

Roders5 said:
They are the UK times

Sort of - UK is currently in British Summer Time, which means it's 8 hours ahead of Los Angeles time.

So Sony's Conference will begin a midnight for those of us in the UK.

Nintendo's conference is at 9:30am local, so it's at 5:30pm UK.

Microsoft's conference is at 11:30am local, so it's at 7:30pm UK.

Countdown

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

GAMING CHANGES IN TWO DAYS. GAMING IS NEW AGAIN IN TWO DAYS. ARE YOU FUCKING READY? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. READY?
wait... give me a sec.

YES AND MOTHERFUCKING AM! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

GAMING CHANGES IN TWO DAYS. GAMING IS NEW AGAIN IN TWO DAYS. ARE YOU FUCKING READY? ARE. YOU. FUCKING. READY?

erm....maybe?

Oh wait, you didn't want that, *ahem*

HELL FUCKING YEAH, TIME FOR SOME OMGWTFBBQ TYPE SHIT BOOOOOOOIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saoh

MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

Image2.gif

FUCK. YEAAAAHHH!!

I´VE BEEN FUCKING READY SINCE LAST YEAR

BudokaiMR2 said:
erm....maybe?

Oh wait, you didn't want that, *ahem*

HELL FUCKING YEAH, TIME FOR SOME OMGWTFBBQ TYPE SHIT BOOOOOOOIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of BBQ, better get that steak on the grill :D

MaestroRyan said:
MOTHERFUCKING FUCK

ARE YOU PSYCHED

ARE YOU HYPED

....and then we have to wait months for the thing to even be released.

JavyOO7

I would'nt mind a Luigi's Mansion part two. The nun-chuck and remote make the possibilities endless for a game like that. Manipulating moving parts in 3d space and etc etc...

The game would just have to be a bit longer, more fleshed out, more things to do and etc. I would'nt oppose to a LM2, tbh.

JavyOO7 said:
I would'nt mind a Luigi's Mansion part two. The nun-chuck and remote make the possibilities endless for a game like that. Manipulating moving parts in 3d space and etc etc...

The game would just have to be a bit longer, more fleshed out, more things to do and etc. I would'nt oppose to a LM2, tbh.

Seriously. I actually WANT a Luigi's Mansion 2, the first was my FAVORITE Gamecube launch game. The Wii controller is just too perfect to NOT make a LM game out of it.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
you know I wish Nintendo would announce at E3 that they will finally stop shafting Europe. They've been talking about it for years, but Europe still sees hardware and software months after the US and at inflated prices. DSL and new DS games will be late to Europe, Wii will be late to Europe, Wii games will miss the Xmas period in Europe and get March release dates - it's a standard and pathetic pattern, especially given the size and importance of the European market. Referencing the occasional title that made it out within 4 weeks of US launch does not make up for the systematic delays in the majority of titles and updates/colors of hardware.

Whoever stops fucking Europe first will win

MrSardonic said:
you know I wish Nintendo would announce at E3 that they will finally stop shafting Europe. They've been talking about it for years, but Europe still sees hardware and software months after the US and at inflated prices. DSL and new DS games will be late to Europe, Wii will be late to Europe, Wii games will miss the Xmas period in Europe and get March release dates - it's a standard and pathetic pattern, especially given the size and importance of the European market. Referencing the occasional title that made it out within 4 weeks of US launch does not make up for the systematic delays in the majority of titles and updates/colors of hardware.

QFT. It's just insane.

MrSardonic said:

So much truth in here, it hurts. I'm getting sick and tired of it, I'm already making plans to import my next gen consoles and games.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
Henk_Glimlach said:
QFT. It's just insane.
Yip, its a fucking joke. The different languages thing might be a hurdle but in this day and age it shouldn't have that big an effect.

Top Bottom